Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

The Landcruiser is owned by a local acquaintance who lives a long way up a track through a wood, so it's not an OLLI affectation. It's a non turbo straight six and seems to me about as good a compromise as your going to get if you need to drive on a motorway one day then across a field the next. I'm not usually a 4x4 fan but I could be tempted with this.

No photo, but I saw an 'A' reg Triumph Acclaim in metallic green this evening, coming up the hill on Rectory lane going out of Lymm village. It looked to be in fine fettle from the fleeting glimpse I had (I was driving down the hill, going in to the village) - and looked not to be giffer owned. It was a nice old thing. A week or two ago I saw a late 'Seventies Honda Accord a few hundred yards from this. That was nigh-on concours and quite a sight.

Have a terrible rainy-windscreen shot of what was parked next to the dead 45 today.  I've seen this around a fair few times and always thought it was a really, really early one (actually ridiculously early seeing as the oldest are on a J!) but it's a personal plate on a 1993 car.  A bit battered up close but I've seen far worse.

Sadly it looks like it's been parked here for a reason, my mechanic must have had it in for MOT a few days ago and history sĥows it's failed on rust.  Perhaps awaiting repair or a final journey, who knows?  If it's the latter, I might step in...

post-5492-0-02864200-1500124020_thumb.jpg

This was very tidy. The only thing that spoiled it was the chrome wheel arch covers. It may have looked better from the front but then I wouldn't have got the Volvo in.

post-20743-0-44234600-1500150880_thumb.jpg

A couple in Southsea this afternoon.

This looked proper ropey. I didn't get any closer than this but even from here there's plenty of visible rust and the paint was totally flat.

post-20743-0-89981600-1500150955_thumb.jpg

We all have to go sometime but when we do wouldn't you love to go in this!

post-20743-0-89354800-1500151035_thumb.jpg

How classy does this look compared to modern hearses. No OTT superfluous curves and bits, just simple straight lines and flat glass.

post-20743-0-54182900-1500151274_thumb.jpg

Spent half of last week bored out of my head at Wimbledon, so went to MercedesWorld at Brooklands to kill a bit of time.post-17414-0-66544700-1500152252_thumb.jpeg

This is an actual E60- mega rare, pretty much the ultimate W124.

post-17414-0-82163900-1500152351_thumb.jpeg

A RHD V8 FHC, don't think I've ever seen one before, much classier than those 10 a penny convertibles.

This was very tidy. The only thing that spoiled it was the chrome wheel arch covers. It may have looked better from the front but then I wouldn't have got the Volvo in.

attachicon.gif20170714_100937.jpg

A couple in Southsea this afternoon.

This looked proper ropey. I didn't get any closer than this but even from here there's plenty of visible rust and the paint was totally flat.

attachicon.gif20170715_164325.jpg

We all have to sometime but when we do wouldn't you love to go in this!

attachicon.gif20170715_175957.jpg

How classy does this look compared to modern hearses. No OTT superfluous curves and bits, just simple straight lines and flat glass.

attachicon.gif20170715_180005.jpg

The white Rolls Royce has been around in Southsea for years. It often gets parked up and left for ages in the same place. The rear door also used to have black graffiti on it!

That Rolls is odd, the MOT history shows it struggling through a test every year with whatever work needed for a pass being done, but the mileage isn't increasing, it's done 20 miles since 2011...unless of course the speedo is broken!

It is a right heap! I see it regularly when I'm working in Portsmouth. It literally spent at least the last couple of years parked in exactly the same roadside space, never seeming to move. Even the tyres were going flat and it gained a mark on the ground around where it had stood and not moved. I went passed there a couple of days ago and was shocked it had moved finally! I actually thought it had gone for scrap.

Honestly, from my knowledge of this car that 20 miles in 6 years sounds about right! No idea why the owner has it tbh?

Have a terrible rainy-windscreen shot of what was parked next to the dead 45 today.  I've seen this around a fair few times and always thought it was a really, really early one (actually ridiculously early seeing as the oldest are on a J!) but it's a personal plate on a 1993 car.  A bit battered up close but I've seen far worse.

Sadly it looks like it's been parked here for a reason, my mechanic must have had it in for MOT a few days ago and history sĥows it's failed on rust.  Perhaps awaiting repair or a final journey, who knows?  If it's the latter, I might step in...

attachicon.gifIMG_20170715_105407.jpg

I was back here today pulling off the last few bits before the 45 makes its last journey tomorrow afternoon and got a better look at it.  The good news is, my mechanic's son who works for him was around and said it was being welded up tomorrow.  It is, however, absolutely hanging.  It's filthy, inside and out, the paint has very little lacquer left on it and most of the panels are damaged.  I'm guessing a giffer owner going by the stickers in the back window, it's a 1.9D and at this rate probably not long for this world, I can't imagine it gets a particularly thorough servicing regime!

post-5492-0-30930000-1500231529_thumb.jpg

post-5492-0-74217900-1500231542_thumb.jpg

post-5492-0-57030000-1500231549_thumb.jpg