Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

A nice little Mk IV (or V?) Fiesta still earning it's keep spotted in Bicester today.

post-21985-0-23426400-1545431327_thumb.jpg

post-21985-0-63181300-1545431344_thumb.jpg

I had a 3-door 1.1 of the same age as this.  It was as rough as anything, in particular the rear valance was mostly cardboard and duct tape...but drove spot on, and was an astonishingly comfortable and downright competent little car.  There was nothing it didn't do to an acceptable standard... didn't realise what a good little motor it was until after I sold it.

Also wound up following a late red BX heading out of the town centre.  I gave chase as I'd love to get a photo of the Activa with it, sadly traffic lights intervened and I lost it disappearing into a rabbit's warren of a housing estate.

Maybe next time.

That semi-derelict Mitsi people carrier I spotted some months ago is now back on the road:

post-23014-0-40424000-1545498329_thumb.jpg

... while this beauty was sitting about 200 yards away:

post-23014-0-85871000-1545498994_thumb.jpg

Note shite-tastic bendy aerial on the front wing

post-23014-0-31277600-1545499137_thumb.jpg

.... and parked opposite is this W126 which hasn't gone anywhere for quite a while:

post-23014-0-33126400-1545499402_thumb.jpg

For XJS fans:

post-23014-0-64185600-1545500109_thumb.jpg

For sheer AS misery, though....

post-23014-0-69968500-1545499584_thumb.jpg

Yorkshire, almost ready for 2019

3a32c01ff21dfc5d2b256eee2c57f190.jpg

59a583e2cd73a1d67d5172220815d3f0.jpg

Look at this though:

f8f805fe238614a6054913f24e3de9f5.jpg

Meanwhile, in Newchurch Lancashire, I’m not saying this town has no claim to fame, but if you google it this is the synopsis:

It was the home of semi-professional football club Rossendale United until they dissolved in 2011. Their home ground Dark Lane was set on fire in January 2012.

...it is also very hilly, so you’ll need a 4x4. Here’s one:

bea3a920b2668adab5897db4b77d518f.jpg

bdcd2c1b4fad80d68292c4c76ccb67d9.jpg

NZzZArm.jpg

Crap picture but this MX5 had quite a good looking hard-top fitted.

CxOIq2Q.jpg

NeNVxaK.jpg

One for DW, Zelandeth and Lightbulbfun, on a roof somewhere in Liverpool.

fwlTpBj.jpg

The thinking man's RS2000, I used to really lust after these back in the '80's, there was one local with a 'DAC' number plate. This was at one of my local climbing walls, I'm going to have to find out whose it is.

zW5fpTf.jpg

At a local garage, really shiny giffer owned. It's had some paint but still looked good. The mechanic working on it says the fuel tank is rusting from the inside though and he's hunting a replacement down.

7ZmlSHZ.jpg

2RbAHYJ.jpg

Local giffer owned classic trials bike, somebody will be along in a moment to tell me what! They homemade trailer looked nifty, just big enough for the job and relatively easy to manage and store.

YCz1HOk.jpg

EYTKUZK.jpg

QoDe7bo.jpg

Lovely little thing, this is the kind of car I'd like for a daily, school run, Tesco, bumbling across town to my folks house.

This owner had used it for a run to the local cinema/food leisure park, ideal!

Christmas selection pack

The slightly out of place but entirely welcome shot of an excellent kitchen cabinet has solved a very old conundrum for me! 

For years in my tin of old car badges I have had one of those "Eastham" logos without knowing entirely what it belonged to.   Now I know! 

It's not an Eastham that I have in my kitchen - some other make - but I know where the badge is going now.   Thank you!

The slightly out of place but entirely welcome shot of an excellent kitchen cabinet has solved a very old conundrum for me! 

For years in my tin of old car badges I have had one of those "Eastham" logos without knowing entirely what it belonged to.   Now I know! 

It's not an Eastham that I have in my kitchen - some other make - but I know where the badge is going now.   Thank you!

I'd love a kitchen done out in that period and style of stuff. A more pleasant time generally!

The price tag was £170.

Walked out of Sainsburys this morning after completing the christmass shop to be greeted with this magnificent old jalopy. The offside was a lot frillier than this. Stilll lokked in good overall nick.  Did not take any more photo's. The badging on the back said V4 cannot remember if it had GT or not. Wish I had taken more photos or had a chat but daughter was getting 'tired' cranky...

20181224_102252_zpscsgs9i0w.jpg

NeNVxaK.jpg

One for DW, Zelandeth and Lightbulbfun, on a roof somewhere in Liverpool.

that would be an Invacar Mk12 the invalid carriage Invacar made before the Model 70 :)

I have seen that one in my sleuthing sessions, im surprised its still up, bit of a shame to do something like that to it however...

Blimey, didn't know we had any Maxxus's left. And on that subject I found this wonderful stamp at work this morning.

attachicon.gifIMG_20181224_065842.jpg

Not entirely sure this is the right place for it, but I did spot it so this is where it's going.

There a several RM Maxuus still in service down here! I think 55 plate is the oldest. Incredible really. One has had a sill patch and been slathered in underseal! When I was a postie once the van hit 3 years old they kicked the cunt out the door!

Walked out of Sainsburys this morning after completing the christmass shop to be greeted with this magnificent old jalopy. The offside was a lot frillier than this. Stilll lokked in good overall nick.  Did not take any more photo's. The badging on the back said V4 cannot remember if it had GT or not. Wish I had taken more photos or had a chat but daughter was getting 'tired' cranky...

20181224_102252_zpscsgs9i0w.jpg

Nice to see a Horsehair out and about.....GT models usually said so on the rear flank, like Cortinas.  This one looks like a de Luxe.

Fiat Uno Turbo, it has been in that same spot for 13 years, it was used every day and would often be missing during the day,

Hasn't been on the road now for a while, I'm amazed that it hasn't gone walk about, and i have no idea why the picture is sideways

Phwoarr at those Crittall windows too....