Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

One for tho single and sads.

Want to pull hot Polish girls? Can't afford a pimped CLS or Cayenne?

Step this wayattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That colour really suits that I think.

Spotted here a couple of days back...have noticed lately that this generation of Civic is starting to get to be a rare sight.

post-21985-0-98586400-1544636476_thumb.jpg

Remember having a loan of one of these a few years back and that while it was utterly uninspiring to look at or sit in, was an absolute hoot to drive.  Not sure if the fact that the engine didn't deliver any meaningful power anywhere on the.lower half of the rev counter might have become wearing in a daily driver though...

Then there's this thing.  I've spotted it a few times but never had the opportunity to snap a photo of it.  They say a picture paints a thousand words...

post-21985-0-19307700-1544636653_thumb.jpg

In this case I reckon 999 of those words should never have been spoken.

A number of good* spots today:

f883fc8b5ddbeaa1a6535d15e5910b80.jpg

Love the colour on this RR although strangely it had a black drivers door with an orange handle, despite being registered as grey? Nevertheless, good to see one in a colour, especially a full fat TDV8 Long Wheelbase.

dc942004edba3d33ab3cde911bbe717b.jpg

This was a peach of a thing, easily handled the M1/M25 traffic this morning.

4faf34d68a2c201256a8f0bff10bdb8a.jpg

Grandad with his trendy Grandson, who only wears really expensive trainers.

476f7f2448f15a2a2591792b251ae0f8.jpg

Banana Custard looking fabulous in a grey, drizzly, miserable, Woking this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No photos I'm afraid, but last night I spotted a very smart-looking N13 Sunny hatchback outside Hanson's auction premises near Derby, and today I spotted a nice Mk3 Disastra with what appeared to be a Christmas tree made from wire and tinsel stuck to the top of it.

Still in use as a taxi outside Ipswich Stationattachicon.gif20181214_085630_20181214160657112.jpg

Just out of interest I did an MOT check on that. It's been stuck on 272,393 miles since 2009 so I have to wonder what sort of astronomical mileage it's actually clocked up by now.

Have some stuff I saw today. Farmer's favourite Fourtrak.

46275932932_7a837e8fa9_c.jpg

1999 Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8 TDX by Adam Floyd, on Flickr 

Thought this was Six-cylinder's DS at first but it isn't - it's an original RHD UK car.

32454331668_26b901defc_c.jpg

1972 Citroen D Super 5 by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

Just out of interest I did an MOT check on that. It's been stuck on 272,393 miles since 2009 so I have to wonder what sort of astronomical mileage it's actually clocked up by now.

Have some stuff I saw today. Farmer's favourite Fourtrak.

46275932932_7a837e8fa9_c.jpg

1999 Daihatsu Fourtrak 2.8 TDX by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

Thought this was Six-cylinder's DS at first but it isn't - it's an original RHD UK car.

32454331668_26b901defc_c.jpg

1972 Citroen D Super 5 by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

Mind the Fourtrack van we had through the garage fondly. Thing went like a bloody rocket (which I was not expecting given they're usually seen doing about 30) thanks to seemingly endless reserves of torque. It would also spin the rear wheels up in any gear due to the Chinese Death Rings that were fitted...nothing like unexpectedly finding yourself drifting around the roundabout right outside the police station...

Points for most technologically different cars possible in the same frame?

post-21985-0-03326000-1544900569_thumb.jpg

Seeing Teslas out and about very much hasn't got old for me yet, and owning one is very much on my list.  While I'd go for an S by choice on styling terms, I've sat in an X, and the sheer amount of space in one would make it a tough call.  Granted, the arrival of the Model 3 may well shake things up too once I get a look at one...

Go on then, who knows what this is without cheating? I didn't until I saw the back, even the bonnet badge didn't give it away.

h5EBJRs.jpg

Hyundai Genesis, a nigh-on £50,000 3.8 V6 Hyundai saloon deleted from the price lists after less than 2 years and 50 sales. 30 years from now they'll be the Lonsdale of today.

attachicon.gifIMG_20181215_185542.jpg

Seeing Teslas out and about very much hasn't got old for me yet, and owning one is very much on my list.  While I'd go for an S by choice on styling terms, I've sat in an X, and the sheer amount of space in one would make it a tough call.  Granted, the arrival of the Model 3 may well shake things up too once I get a look at one...

You should have come over to Buckingham this morning. There were three of them in the Christmas Parade raising money for charity, including a Model X with those ridiculous gullwing doors open.

attachicon.gifIMG_20181215_185542.jpg

when I went for my first ESA Poke-n-prod I was pleased to see a surprising amount of Teslas running around :) (granted I was in the posher end of London)

I also saw a 58 plate G-Wiz, Surprised to see it still on the road I would of expected the batteries to have packed up long ago, one for the Electro-shite thread if there is one :)

as for most technologically different cars, you could go back with the invacar, after all the Lada does have Fancy Electronic FI system  :mrgreen: