Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

I think I may have won.

Away for the weekend near Totnes and spotted this Chinese Matiz ripoff shite being driven round the area by an old giffer. Major want

Ladies and gentlemen, a RHD (probably SA import Chery QQ3 TE. Reckon it might be the only one in the UK.

Review

https://www.autodealer.co.za/new-cars/Chery/QQ3

post-5607-0-15545300-1524942741_thumb.jpg

post-5607-0-76335300-1524942765_thumb.jpg

Yep zero star ncap. Crash test makes for uncomfortable viewing!

https://youtu.be/Km0DQMY-hJY

Explains why Chery products were never officially imported into Britain. They'd still have difficulty now.

Only Chinese cars we've got here are the MGs, some Red Flag pickup trucks, and a small number of electric BYD 5-door hatchbacks (intended as taxis, but the deal fell through). Only other major Chinese presence I can see is Kinglong's coaches.

Spotted this on the way out of the garage where I got the A4 tyres changed. Actual for sale. If any weirdo on here is interested, I can be a wierdo myself and get the details.

Is this an aftermarket job or did Ford let them out the factory like this? I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Ford did tbh. 9caec14a48f34aabb11525b149bcf9bc.jpg

Someone's tried to do a RenaultSport* paint job? Or poverty Harlequin?

This lives a couple of streets away from me. A creative solution to a rear end shunt I reckon - but quite well done  :-D

That works far better than it should do!

Think if they'd fitted the spoiler from the Xantia it would have helped it a bit more though...

The smoked rear lights of the S1 always looked better than the clear ones on the S2 I thought...

Explains why Chery products were never officially imported into Britain. They'd still have difficulty now.

Only Chinese cars we've got here are the MGs, some Red Flag pickup trucks, and a small number of electric BYD 5-door hatchbacks (intended as taxis, but the deal fell through). Only other major Chinese presence I can see is Kinglong's coaches.

Does this mean the original Daewoo (and later FSO) Matiz was equally rubbish? Why on earth would anyone want that Chery thing here? The Chinese motor industry is a massive mystery to me. It's evidently huge, with many bizarre makes. Is Red Flag the same as Great Wall? (Their Steed always reminds me of Donkey in Shrek). A quick Google says "Hongqi" means Red Flag, which is something else again. Anyway, for better or worse and despite the issues now, I foresee that our roads will be awash with Chinese stuff in ten years time.

I'm not the only one with Shite at work. This guy previously had a mk4 Golf 4motion V6. 200hp, four wheel drive etc... Had it quite a few years but there were several big bills looming so he got rid and turned up one day in this frog face Corolla in rather rare estate flavour.

post-20743-0-97894100-1525190355_thumb.jpg

Looks mint.

And this guy is on his third 75 (the first was actually a ZT-T). The first two were both diesel manual estates. He had his first one at the same time I had my ZT-T and he would love to tell how much mpg he was getting. To which I'd say he was missing the point and you had to have a V6. I'd put my hands over my ears as he rattled past. Anyway he's finally seen the light and got this nice high spec pre project drive 2.5 V6 auto. Much better.

post-20743-0-60082600-1525190413_thumb.jpg

These are the only three interesting cars in our car park.

Work is now taking me outside Manchester city centre frequently, and as such shite spotting is on the up. I spotted a Transit Country today but didn't manage to get a photo.

40976500975_feede06e45_b.jpg

280SE. 

I think this is the same one I always used to see in a University of Manchester car park on Oxford Road.

40976501055_d1912e7652_b.jpg

This is a brand new LEVC TX hybrid taxi, this is what you get now instead of diesel TX4s, so eventually they'll be everywhere (and maybe Metrocabs too).