Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

This Mazda van has been knocking around my local area for years, getting increasingly less roadworthy.  The driver looks elderly and not entirely on top of things and the rear window recently became an ill-fitting tarpaulin,  I finally got to snap it tonight, albeit in a dark, damp Sainsburys carpark.  Note the excellent parking skills, top-quality bodywork repairs using most of an entire roll of gaffer tape and the roof, which is barely attached.  How this gets through MOTs, I have no idea.  

post-5492-0-56495400-1515876953_thumb.jpg

post-5492-0-64948900-1515876957_thumb.jpg

Its days must be numbered, I doubt it's maintained very well mechanically given the state of the bodywork and the state of the interior doesn't really bear thinking about,  Seeing it always brightens my day a little though, so long may it soldier on.

Edit: perhaps unsurprisingly, its last MOT ran out in October, as did the tax.  Oopsie.

If anything, that is its better side.  It must be quite damp inside.  The MOT history is...interesting.  Although it does have a relatively clean sheet on the last one somehow, in previous years it has racked up quite the fail sheet.  It looks like the owner has been fighting against severe rot for over a decade, quite impressive really,

I'm going to go out on a limb, however, and say that having seen the driver, the state of the van and his parking abilities, combined with the lack of tax and MOT, the chap should really not be out on the road.  Still, it is quite a thing to behold.

....It looks like the owner has been fighting against severe rot for over a decade, quite impressive really,

Probably parked in damp conditions where it lives - I'm thinking possibly soft ground / a field.

Terrible thing to say but, which will last longer: van, or its owner/driver?

That's weirdly impressive (albeit illegal). An epic determination to hang on to it, judging by the MOT history. I think I would have given up on it in 2006. To keep it going for another twelve years is something else. Must have cost a fortune in welding over the years. Now at 244,000 miles!

Shite spot of the day...

02 plate Suzuki WagonR - in beige - and apparently in absolute base spec.  Black bumpers, steel wheels (with pound shop wheel trims and all) and travel rug over the top of the rear seat.

Driver apparently doesn't know what red lights mean either as he drove through two.

I've spotted the C-reg R5 twice again since my last post (one page back), turns out it lives in Fallowfield/Rusholme.

From the last week, I've quite a few:

24859964527_bcdfe6fe48_c.jpg

Fairly crap photo of an A80 Supra. The bonnet scoop suggests it didn't start life in Japan, they were a European thing.

39729365701_0baedfb9de_c.jpg

This is a crap photo but I've been trying to take a picture of this 190 for ages. Pog red, matte black wing, no rear bumper, and 15 hole wheels with slightly too big tyres. Proper shite.

Went to a vintage fair with a friend, there were a few old cars around:

25857345828_e382a85e39_c.jpg

a very tidy 323. Around the same time I was passed by a 205 and a super clean white BX GTI, but no pics because I was driving.

Out the front of the fair they'd got some cars on display. This consisted of several Consuls and Zephyrs, a Galaxie 500, a Volvo P1800, and these two:  

39729148831_d261f7f0ae_c.jpg

25857528498_8bbe27ef92_c.jpg

Spotted this E30 on the way home.

It's been slim pickings for me recently but a trip to the hospital usually turns up something of interest like this tidy Omega with an expensive plate. Almost certainly giffer-owned and the same age and colour as my dad's Zafira.

38996492044_ee78dc5c2a_c.jpg

1999 Vauxhall Omega 2.5i Elite by Adam Floyd, on Flickr

Weird. There’s a proper overcomplicated sailor-type knot holding it on to the trailer, too.

Extremely weird.. I just presume it was for some form of TV filming?post-20412-0-95967100-1516137983_thumb.jpg

Later there was a black sheet draped over the top of it. I'm not where you'd tie the remains of that shell too, it was as rotten as a pear!

'Chelsea Edition' Mini, in daily use by a young fella and often to be seen in the railway station carpark... was very smart and original a year or two ago, but now wearing ubiquitous minilites and getting a smidge crusty around the headlights and A-post scuttle area.

post-17915-0-77500300-1516191539_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-90486500-1516191605_thumb.jpg

Not quite my thing, but I understand a few others on here like 'em.