Shite in miniature

MrRegieRitmo

PS: why don't they make cars with pop up lights anymore? Were they just a fad?!

Pedestrian safety.

They can't have been outlawed if existing cars are still allowed them? (such as my mum's Supra)

The regulations outlawed them being fitted to any cars produced after a certain date. So your mum's Supra can have them, my 480 can, but if a manufacturer tried to put a design into production now with pop-ups, they wouldn't get very far.

That's how I understand it anyway.

The regulations outlawed them being fitted to any cars produced after a certain date. So your mum's Supra can have them, my 480 can, but if a manufacturer tried to put a design into production now with pop-ups, they wouldn't get very far.

Was there a similar thing with Bull-bars? I believed that there was a blanket ban on them but I still see older 4x4s with them so I guess it's the same ruling as per the pop-ups!

Was there a similar thing with Bull-bars? I believed that there was a blanket ban on them but I still see older 4x4s with them so I guess it's the same ruling as per the pop-ups!

Tis.

I think the cut off was 2003. SCTSH_ANDY has a rancid old Discovery with a set on. It looks 'braw' or something. He also has some kind of wack device that stops the odo reading straight, as well as the fuel gauge. Fuck knows, I think he keeps putting something in my tea.

I don't think they are specifically outlawed, but you'd never pass pedestrian safety regulations with them

my latest from lobsta, jolly nice chap he is :P

2 Five's, one was broke so free..

182475_1738439112828_1594166563_1615875_7538448_n.jpg

ekk elephant loose

181966_1738439352834_1594166563_1615876_2901741_n.jpg

poor alfa.. not complaining, i was free just wonder if those wheels would look good on a GTV

183561_1738439552839_1594166563_1615877_2735472_n.jpg

so glad i paid for this one its lush, lancia Delta Evo

184776_1738439752844_1594166563_1615878_2979515_n.jpg

I reckon that is indeed a partwork model. I found a load of these things in a 99p shop in Liverpool a couple of years ago (actually it must be at least 3 now) and bought up a bunch of CHP Crown Vics, but I do remember seeing a 12, in blue IIRC. I've seen the Crown Vic and the Tennessee Dodge Intrepid on ebay, so they were definitely from partworks. Since the packaging on the 12 was identical, it's a safe bet. The models I have are quite good quality, I think most of the partwork stuff is done by IXO which seems to have a good name.

I've also got the 12 and a yellow Renault 8, and a lovely red Dauphine, all 1/43 scale. I bought them from a stall in a local market a couple of years ago and I was told they originally came from a partwork that didn't sell very well. There was also a range of DSs, I've got the 1963 Tour de Corse one; that has 'Editions Atlas' on the label but not 'French Cars'

Mr Lobster to the front desk for the definitive answer please :)

I've also got the 12 and a yellow Renault 8, and a lovely red Dauphine, all 1/43 scale. I bought them from a stall in a local market a couple of years ago and I was told they originally came from a partwork that didn't sell very well. There was also a range of DSs, I've got the 1963 Tour de Corse one; that has 'Editions Atlas' on the label but not 'French Cars'

Mr Lobster to the front desk for the definitive answer please :)

Renault 12 / 8/ Dauphine were part of a big partwork series originally issued in France & Spain. AFAIK they sold pretty well - they all generally do but they produce A LOT of them. Any that don't sell on the newstands get returned to the distributer who sells them for recycling. The magazines generally get pulped but the models vanish out of the back door on the basis they are not resold in the same country. Hence why we've had quite a lot of them here (and why I've got several hundred Italian Police cars in my unit).

The Renaults above were produced by Altaya which is IXOs brand they use for the partwork stuff but is exactly the same casting so quality is bob on. Theres a fair number of Norev ex part work models (notably Fiats and Lancias) around at the moment as well.

DSs were a seperate magazine part work thingy by Editions Atlas. Probably about three years since we last had them, think they were made by Universal Hobbies but I could well be wrong...

If anyone's ever in the Lake District Barney's Newsbox in Grasmere is well worth a visit*, as they regularly have boxes full of these ex-partwork models, such as the above mentioned Alfas and DSs. The last batch they had in seemed to be from a Michelin vans partwork, including gems such as a Citroen TUB.

I spend far, far too much in there.

*Having, of course, checked Mr. Lobster's website for your Autoshite model needs first. :wink:

:lol:

corgi-toys-no-302-b-hillman-hunter-london-sydney-rally_110651242765.jpg

Beats me why Corgi failed to exploit this casting 40 years ago. With a little tweaking at the time it could have been recycled as a family car/taxi/copcar/Sceptre; they did exactly none of that! It disappeared fairly swiftly from the product lineup and even battered ones fetch frightening sums on the bay. Now they've taken over Vanguards it would be a natural for a reissue as suggested above, but no, not a hint.

CORGI: WAKE UP! WHERE ARE ALL THE HUNTERS??????

Excellent! I have some code 3 conversions I've done on this model too: one in red, representing the 1500 Minx we had, way back in about 1980, LTC 385F; one in various shades of green, with further mods, as my Sceptre bought from Ginger McCain in 1983, SWF 87H; and one I haven't finished yet, to be my white Minx 1725 automatic from 82, HWM 916F. Can't post pics, sorry, as the models are all packed now and in fact have gone to the new address. Should be moving in properly in about a fortnight, can't wait!

As a Vanguard it would surely sell as well as the Avenger and Mk3 Cortina. Maybe we should get up a list of suggestions for them?

1: Hunter (in various guises)

2: Victor (so far we've only had the F-type, where are the FB/101/FD/FE? FD could even be done in white, issued with a red Mini; there's your Randall & Hopkirk set!

3: Viva HA and HC, since they already do the HB. HC opens up Magnum and Firenza, of course...

4: Bedford CF; they already have the Transit of course.

5: Sherpa. It's available in the James Bond Collection, there must be a tie-up they could do.

6: Maxi. Just because I hated mine, doesn't mean everyone else should be deprived.

Any more? Feel free to jump in...