Shite in miniature

MrRegieRitmo

Hey VWP, question for you - what do you use for the lighting on your diorama? I'm guessing its model railway lighting stuff?

Reason is I bought a few of these Corgi Mini dioramas a couple of weeks ago

Posted Image

and thought they'd look ok with 1/43 cars in

Posted Image

it does but needs a bit of light inside. Will get around to incorporating it into a little diorama once its got lighting and a few new signs!

no laughing now but this..

Posted Image

i had one big 'un million candle watt jobie that the battery packed up on, had an old wire controller from a remote car that i used for a switch and power, et voila.. my little 'un is running 5 LED's and using 4 'AA' batterys have had it on for hours now with no probs..

am now trying some of those solar lights you use in the garden so at night it'll come on automatically and recharge during the day, but suppose the same idea could be doe with a wind up rechargeable too..

other colour LEDs are from old stereos etc that i wont bin (well have ow i've stripped them) i found with dio's its best to collect everything as theres always some use for it somewhere :lol:

the big 'un is running about 12 LED's still only using four 'AA's' although this is soon to be rebuilt on one level again as it was origanally

but yes i suppose 0 Gauge train lights would also work :lol: hardest thig was making the pole with the satalite dish and cameras what a ballache that was :D

Heres my newest:

Posted Image

Ive had the Prelude for a while now, the caravan is the new one, thought they paired up pretty well.

Posted Image

I have no idea who made this, its fairly basic but has detail where it counts and the bonnet opens. Any ideas?

Posted Image

The Niva came, and my god, its such a brilliant model. The rear axle is completely seperate from the rest of it, and has suspension. The seats tilt, the bonnet opens, spare tyre, poseable wheels etc etc.....

Made in 1983 too! Imagine if this company was still around.

He was in C&SC last month, good stuff.Has anyone seen the bloke on youtube who makes shockingly realistic junkyard dioramas with plastic AMT kits? I cant for the life of me find his videos anymore.Think that Prelude is a Corgi jobby btw

the scrappers are generally 10c up to a euro purchased just for the yard, from boot sales etc, decent one's like the red 18 will have new rims and subtle mods to make it look proper job (like the rubber windows seals, windscreen seal, number plates, it wont be trashed just made more realistic looking proper lights etc :)hence why the red 18 has minilites 8)

The 18 looks good now! Shame you made the same mistake as Norev & painted the Fuego rear lights the wrong way up! :P I didn't realise some of those vehicles were so rust prone! I like the green Scirocco best....an Auto Pilen I believe? I have the same model in white with racing numbers on it. The only model to feature square headlamps which is accurate I believe the earliest MkI Sciroccos might have featured square headlamps, unless it was just a prototype, but I've seen a black & white photo of a Scirocco looking like that!Who makes that VW Beetle?I did something in this style with an old Corgi Mercedes van & a Corgi MkIII Transit. Rust all over both & I left a lit match inside the cab of the transit to give it that 'burnt out' look! :D Both models were quite play worn, so thought I might as well be creative with them...

Posted Image

Hurrah!

My Scandinavia only Minichamps Amazon arrived today and there's loads of differences between it and the '66 which looks like my car.

The grilles are different, as are the indicator lenses (clear instead of amber), seats and wheels. Fuck, they've even gone and detailed the extended dashboard that went onto the door caps that the really early 120s had.

The boot garnish is a bit weird though - it's off the 1956 prototype rather than an early production car.

Still loving it though. Once I get a three door and a civvy estate, I'll have every Amazon bodystyle made by Minichamps.....

That Volvo is proper nice by the looks of it, nice work there. I was reading a certain Model magazine and they gave some Minichamps models 3/10! I was shocked at how critical the reviews were.I wish someone would do some 1/43 Subarus which arent Imprezas. I would like to see an 1800 or a Brat pickup, thatd be cool.I know that there is an SVX model in that scale, but they all cost a stupid amount. Anyone got one?

I know that there is an SVX model in that scale, but they all cost a stupid amount. Anyone got one?

It's a Norev or an Ebbro isn't it? They are well dear. The cheapest I've seen an Alycone is about £40 shipped.

Posted Image

I think we might be a similar age Retrogeezer, I too have fond memories of so many of the cars in your photo, the Leyland Terrier, the Corgi Capri S and X19, plus the little orange dropside Tranny. And the lovely Dodge Challenger, mine must have had nearly as much mileage on it as a real one!

Mine are all in my parents' loft, I hope my No1 fave is still up there:

Posted Image

This had such nice suspension and was ideal for towing my twin-axle car trailer. Such happy days 8)

Spot on re the green XJ40! More pics:

Posted Image

Really like the green XJ40,I've never seen one,although I've had loads of the regular versions(sold to people who make Banger Racing models :lol: ).I found this Porsche today from the same series?.It also has the extra detail & pearl paint,but the roof is bent,so I'll probably break it & put the wheels on something else.

Posted Image