Shite in miniature

MrRegieRitmo

Fredtransit...lol thats what its all about!

MrCubicle thanks mate for your kind words.

VW The second to last shot is excellent, could almost imagine that Cav rocking under the streetlight as the owner stuggles to get the lid on his Rohypnol :lol:

Posted Image

:lol: Trust me it looked exactly like your model before the angle grinder got at it.....

Fredtransit...lol thats what its all about!

MrCubicle thanks mate for your kind words.

VW The second to last shot is excellent, could almost imagine that Cav rocking under the streetlight as the owner stuggles to get the lid on his Rohypnol :lol:

Posted Image

:lol: Trust me it looked exactly like your model before the angle grinder got at it.....

Are there 'dags' living in what's left of the back end? :D

I never tire of looking at your stuff either Hudsonpie. I'm not brave enough to start weathering mine.

Reg, the 260C is a Cedric hardtop, you're pretty much right as that's what Datsun sold it here as. I suspect it's an Aoshima kit, I have one in my stash. Lots of different releases of it.

I think several makers did the Mk2 Transit (or was it just tooled-up once and then rebranded a few times?). They always seem to go for decent money on eBay.

Not really shite, but I've just built this Revell kit (originally Aoshima) for my stepdad, as a replica of his 1:1...

Posted Image

Posted Image

And I recently finished this '57 Chevy, which I started some 15 years ago...

Posted Image

1:24 plastic is also my favoured thing, though I am doing a 1:20 Skyline at the moment. I do like picking up cheap diecast Matchbox/Corgi/Britains type stuff 'for my son' though.

There's some great plastic in these last couple of pages - good skills, SL and Hudsonpie.Re. the Mk2 Transit - I thought that ESCI were the only manufacturer of this, and their rarity results in the high eBay prices?Good to see the Tamiya Prelude XX in there as well, I have one that I built around 10 years ago when I owned a full-size one.

Mr Ritmo thanks mate :)

ESCI make the Transit kit, they go for a mint on the bay. I think there are four different incarnations, one is a Ford promotional model that IIRC you could get at Ford dealers. Mine is or was a Hertz one. the kit is a bit inaccurate as it comes with one piece side windows sans quarter lights, so they have to be added. Also there are twin side doors which I filled over as I just wanted a boggo MK2. You do get the option of either RHD or LHD though.

SL I recommend a bit of weathering you have the skillz, I tend to deviate between a light dusting to complete shitbox. I use Tamiya powders as they can be mixed with water, thinners etc. Love the MGB BTW, bet he was well chuffed.....heres mine

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just out of interest SL....how did you do the number plates...? You can get correct font and old silver on black from www.kitformservices.com excellent for 1/24 scale stuff.

Cheers

Russ :)

As recommended by Hirst, I visited http://www.cheapestplates.co.uk/webbuilder.html

"Car 79x57" is the style you're after. I should have gone for black and silver to be 100% accurate, but I didn't kow that's what he had. I then did a print screen thing and pasted the image into a word document, then played around with the size to get it to 1:24. It mocked them up in white, so I just used yellow felt tip to get the rear plate.

As Hirst pointed out, you can do a Serck type font on there too, ideally for '80s shite!

Excellent stuff but I'm shit with compooters...... i.e I'm still scratchin a bit of slate, if I tried any of that malarky my pc would end up smashed to bits. I had a go at printing my own decals a while back and wrecked my printer, out of a whole sheet of decals on A4 paper I managed one Ford badge that looked ok and actually worked as a decal with no bleed through. Its on the back of the Transit. :?:roll:

You can also get plates from Minichamps now for anysize from 1/12 (I think) down to 1/72 (or thereabouts). Costs about £5 and they send 'em as a PDF for you to print.On a slight tangent, that Cheapest Plates place - I know they have to get around the law on making and selling 'show plates' somehow, but claiming St Helens to be in the IoM (and hence outside the EU) seems to be pushing it a bit

Cheapestplates, Mandy Campbell, 49 Chestnut Ave, Haydock, St Helens, WA11 0EY, Isle of Man, 01744 630831

+1 for the polo Lobster....I knew there would be delays with the new Vanguards releases, bit of a let down!Speaking of kits, I have been tempted to do them recently, but I dont really have a large flat area in which to do so. How hard is it? (Honestly).

/\ Presumably not 1:24?!

Only way to get half-decent on the kits is to build a few, and be patient. I usually build outside in the big shed, but it's too cold out there right now so I just keep all the basics in a wooden drawer that I can get out when I need to, and I use an old bread board as my work surface (best not pinch one from the kitchen).

My son's Christmas miscellany:

Posted Image

The Jeep cherry-picker thing got a repaint in two coats of finest brush-painted Humbrol.

I did buy a new Joal Volvo loader to go with them (just visible), but to have bought reasonable quality diecast stuff new for everything would have been too much money. Plus, I find the older stuff is more robust for him to play with. And I like it better.

Got this today...

Posted Image

Devon die cast in Exeter, 01392 430003, cracking little shop. There are masses of cool stuff in there......

Posted Image

Shonky pic I'm afraid, I wanted to take more but matey was looking suspicious....its not like I had a pair of tights on me head....but fair enough......... :)