Shite in miniature

MrRegieRitmo

Not yet. I've been looking at all these but not found one that hasn't got extortionate postage prices from France! I'll keep looking but there are a few I want:Gold 13012-tone Alpine/1308Rancho1100 vanDoesn't look like they've done a Tagora though :( I have 4 of the original Solido ones (one even has fairly authentic wheels!) but it hasn't been re-issued in all the other Norev stuff that's appeared lately.

Here's the complete list of the Cars of THe 80s series from Altaya/Ixo. Most of them are out already, probably only about 6 or 7 still to filter onto eBay:http://www.gamas43.com/Colecciones2/Col ... 0_NQC2.htmTagora, mmmm 8)

Well according to this list you pointed out to us, a Tagora is surely on it's way!? :wink:

This is another very welcome new addition to the model van scene, but I'm not convinced this particular casting will look 100% spot on but in the absence of anything else I'm willing to give it a try at some point! Hopefully someone else will eventually give us a model worthy of representing this small commercial vehicle so prevalent on our roads 20+ years ago!http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhall-Viva-HA-Van-Royal-Mail-by-Oxford_W0QQitemZ350020588726QQihZ022QQcategoryZ9113QQcmdZViewItem

Oxford Diecast are bringing out a HA van in British Telecom yellow livery in March which looks realy good, saw a pre production sample last week and was suitably impressed!All the HA's they have produced have been really good sellers and I would expect the Telecom version to be even more so!

Hoping I don't offend any serious model collectors with this post, just wasn't sure where to put it, hopefully someone will enjoy.

Had a rummage in the loft this weekend looking for some of my childhood stuff for my twins to destroy and came across this lot. According to my mother, most came from jumble sales in the 70s and her top price was 5p per car, knowing if I didn't bury them in the garden, they'd see fathers vice when nobody was looking. Anyway, a few survivors here in 'played with' condition. Boxes? What boxes?

Firstly, bones96 would enjoy this, what would the the tow vehicle be for a race of this vintage?

Posted Image

some commercials

Posted Image

oh yes, hit your sister on the head with this, unfortunately I did

Posted Image

Posted Image

Italian racers, very serious looking, perhaps they know about the vice,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Merc by headless driver

Posted Image

Got these from a local market this morning, the 124 is from an Italian brand called EG cars, the Vitesse Fiat 500 sport was a steal at £3 including box, the mk1 Consul is from the 'Classix' railway layout scale diecast range and the Vanguards Imp will be getting a makeover into a driving school car 8)

Posted Image

I love those CGGC sets, crude as they are - I picked up a Fiat Uno one last summer. I've yet to 'build' it as it could pay off my entire student loan or something if I put it on ebay. By the way I have a few CGGC Citroen Dyanes - if anyone has a Opel Corsa or Merc 500SEL available, let me know and we'll swap!

RegRit - I take it you've seen this?http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LINDBERG-Triumph- ... 0202544876Apologies if it's already been posted.

Thanks for the thought. I hadn't but I bought & built one of those Ritmo kits a year or two back. Not sure where it went as I've moved house since then so it's probably fallen to bits! :roll: Anybody got a full list of what was available in the range? Because I only thought it was the ones pictured on the side of the box, the likes of which I think I've mostly got. I bought the R14 & Ritmo as unbuilt kits & made them. I also bought built 2nd hand from a model shop, the Dyane, CX & another R14. These models had terrible panel gaps once built, even taking into account the opening parts. That's why I wouldn't pay much for them on eBay unless it's a nostalgic thing & you have no intention of building them because as realistic miniature replicas go they really are bottom of the pile & they were only ever meant to be pocket money kits......

Anybody got a full list of what was available in the range?

Pretty sure it was CX, Dyane, Ritmo, R14, and Merc W116 in the "first series" from the late 70's...the second batch in the early 80's definitely featured the Fiat Uno and Opel Corsa but those were the only ones I bought at the time.There's naff all I've been able to find on these things on t'interweb which is a shame.

They also had a VW Golf and Citroen Visa in the 1st line up - from what I recall this would be around 1981/82. There was also the 3 door Range Rover available. I have images of them all scattered on various hard drives, laptops and computers. I'll make a point of adding them on here if I get a moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't resist this one in the 99p shop. Sorry about quality of photo, no macro or tripod, i just took it in the garden. :( It says Del Prado on a sticker underneath, would it have come with a magazine? They also had a nice Porsche 356 cabriolet in white and a Toyota sports racer which may have been a Le Mans car; I'm busy saving up for them :)

Posted Image