Pictures are here! Shite top trumps anyone?

Cavcraft

I wonder if I now possess the worse car road legal motor on here? Disease spreadingly dirty interior, spray painted rear and side windows, wanky chain and dog catch thing instead of a lock, holes in inner wings nad general all round shiteness. Rather amusingly (amazingly?) it drove 150 odd miles up here (not by me though) and didn't miss a beat.

It's so f*cking bad it's great. Enjoy...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That thing looks great! It sports the 'van-look' surprisingly well.It's a wonder they didn't do a van version, I found an equally small 106 van in the scrappy recently - something I didn't realise existed!My Golf is going to be sporting one of those highly secure boot locks soon, fugged if I'm going to pay £20 for a used one.

Quite a few car derived vans make it here without us noticing - only yesterday was I enjoying the experience of a k reg kia pride van. My missus has a 206 Diesel van - we got it quite cheaply as its 'perfect for hauling around the mutts'. It has rear windows, but the rear load bay is totally flat and no rear seat - its a spiteful machine covered in dog hairs, with the smell to go with it. As you might know mk2 Renner 5's and mk1 clios are available as vans too.

I was thinking about doing something non permanent to the rear windows on this. The shape lends itself quite nicely to some sort of breadvan.

Posted Image

I was thinking about doing something non permanent to the rear windows on this. The shape lends itself quite nicely to some sort of breadvan.

I'm doing a similar thing with my 323:

Posted Image

To be honest they look like exactly the same thing as the estates offered in the UK, even down to what you get inside. Just they're called a "Familia Van" and aimed at business.

I suppose the only effort required from me is to drive around with it on standard steels with a load of boxes in the back labelled "Copy Paper".

AX's do work surprisingly well as vans though! Wonder if they ever did one in France?

Ireland was full of the things in the early 90s.The rear "windows" were metal not rattle can-painted glass, and the seats were taken out and replaced with a flat load area.

I don't know if they ever sold in France, although sombody'll turn up shortly with an obscure photo of a French meter reader's van to prove me wrong. :lol:

La Poste used plain AXs with the back seats and trim removed:

Posted Image

Citroen shifted a handful of BX vans in Ireland too I think. I'm sure Ted will confirm or deny this, but seem to remember someone on BXC saying about them.If I were to keep the AX* I'd get the welding done and then look into getting the rear windows removed and metal welded in then sort the loading area out which can't be too hard to someone who can weld? *But I'm not so someone buy it please!

Some bloke on an Irish forum was trying to sell me a BX van about two years ago for some ridiculous price like €2000.

He wouldn't budge on the price. Apparently he'd spent a load of money on it doing the timing belt, spheres, brake lines, etc. :roll:

Two weeks later I heard from somebody else the timing belt snapped and it was up for grabs for a few hundred. :lol::lol:

Anyway, here's a ZX van for sale just now (in case any of you have never seen one): :wink:

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Citroen ... l/1090924/

Posted Image

Posted Image

Citroen shifted a handful of BX vans in Ireland too I think. I'm sure Ted will confirm or deny this,

Yes, they are infact modified estate cars (produced by the same coachbuilder) or rather, estate cars with the back doors welded up and a big panel put where all the rear windows would be - if you look into the back of one you can clearly see the rear doors in situ as it were. I was once tempted to make a home brew BX van, but in the end the wife told me not to be so bloody stupid and to get rid of the estate car that I bought off flebay and she would let me sleep in the house again.This does make me wonder - BX's are notoriously rot prone in the rear door shut arch, this is an MOT Phail point and having the door welded up would make it impossible to fix or indeed see I suppose untill such time as it gave up the ghost totally - or perhaps having a welded up rear door adds to the structual integrity - either way I dont know, and care even less!Not as successful as the CX vans.

Something about the BX estate I like, except its been clearly converted by huntley and palmers rejects.

Speaking of vans something at the back of mind reminded me that Opel did their late 70's rekord as a van - I recall seeing a blue one in scrappy years ago. Fortunately I found this image online.

Posted Image

Sounds like Datsun/Nissan Sunny vans were constructed similarly with the interior trim/layout betraying the five-door estate origins. Can't find any photos to illustrate the point, I'm sure Rootes_Arrow has a few though :)

Ok BX van pervs. Here's one in Dublin for €200.

Flights to Dublin are cheap. Ferry back to Holyhead is cheap. Go get it!!!

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/15/22307715.html

Posted Image

How much is 200 Euros in real money please? I'm REALLY tempted by that BX van. Joking aside (because I'm thick that like) would I need a passport to get the ferry from Holyhead (or Liverpool) as I don't possess one? Getting it back is no bother as I'll either take the truck over or foot passenger there, drive it back home.

How much is 200 Euros in real money please? I'm REALLY tempted by that BX van. Joking aside (because I'm thick that like) would I need a passport to get the ferry from Holyhead (or Liverpool) as I don't possess one? Getting it back is no bother as I'll either take the truck over or foot passenger there, drive it back home.

€200 is about 150-160 of your finest British pounds thanks to how shite sterling is doing these days.You don't need a passport. A drivers licence with a photo on it is all you need. The chances of someone stopping you for ID rolling onto a ferry is practically zero unless you look like some known Al Quaeda terrorist.Irish Ferries and Stena go from Dublin to Holyhead:www.irishferries.comwww.stenalline.co.uk

€200 is about 150-160 of your finest British pounds thanks to how shite sterling is doing these days.You don't need a passport. A drivers licence with a photo on it is all you need. The chances of someone stopping you for ID rolling onto a ferry is practically zero unless you look like some known Al Quaeda terrorist.Irish Ferries and Stena go from Dublin to Holyhead:www.irishferries.comwww.stenalline.co.uk
Cheers Ross. I haven't got a photo driving licence either but I bet there's a way round that somehow too!I'll weigh up the ferry and associated costs and see if there is a Liverpool one going as that's a bit nearer. Holyhead's not too bad though as only about an hour by road not hanging about and I don't suppose the train will be too bad.

Cheers Ross. I haven't got a photo driving licence either but I bet there's a way round that somehow too!

I'll weigh up the ferry and associated costs and see if there is a Liverpool one going as that's a bit nearer. Holyhead's not too bad though as only about an hour by road not hanging about and I don't suppose the train will be too bad.

The Irish Ferries site sez:

Personal Identification may be required at check-in.

Ireland /Britain routes - any one of the following will suffice.

* Passport

* Driving Licence

* European Union identity card

* Bank cards

* Photo ID

I just noticed P&O go from Dublin to Liverpool. They say:

Photographic identification must be carried by all passengers and shown when required on the Dublin Liverpool route. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have all documentation needed to comply with the requirements of immigration, customs, health and other relevant regulations. We reserve the right to check and record details of such documentation and to refuse you permission to board if such documentation is not produced to our satisfaction. You will be required to reimburse us in full for any fines, repatriation or other removal costs, detention costs and all related expenses, which we may bear or incur by reason of your failure to produce such documentation to the relevant authorities.

http://www.poirishsea.com/

You might want to phone the seller to check he's still got it - I just noticed the ad's been on there for two months.