Hillman Imp National Meeting - Pics!

205 gti

Posted Image

Posted Image

Loved the lived in look on this one

Posted Image

Loved the two tone shiny / matte look

Posted Image

My personal favourite - Sunbeam Stilleto with very cool alloys. Anyone know what they are

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cherry bombed Imp with deep dish alloys!

Posted Image

Rainbow of sixties colours

Posted Image

Sexy Ginetta

Oh and finally.... An update! Out of the garage at last and running on its new beams and bushes. Still needs a fair bit of work, but it's coming along.

Posted Image

I was at the same thing perving over Imps that actually work.

This one was proper weathered

Posted Image

and here it is again next to a car which has quite an interesting boot:

Posted Image

There was also some Imp engined cars. Here was a bond bug and a Davrian:

Posted Image

Wish i had got a better angle for this shot though. Its a Clan Crusader, Talbot Horison and in the background there us a Scimitar which was dragging the trailer.

Posted Image

Outside a motor museum near Pickering. Must pop up there some time and have a wander about. Was a bit busy that day though.

Posted Image

Funny but looking through the photos i had 3 pics of that totally ruined Imp. You would have thought i would have been keener to take photos of the ones that were billied up, but i kept getting drawn back to the crud.

This one is in no way autoshite but i loved it. Mid engined. Really wished i had heard it going. Think it was the one on the front of retro cars magazine.

Posted Image

Fantastic selection of Limps there. My dad has a hankering for a Sunbeam Imp Sport in white, to relive his first "performance" (!) car that he owned in the very early 70s. Soon as he clears his garage of my brother's crud, we'll be on the search :lol:

If that Rusty Imp was a Volkswagen of some desciption it would be worth £450505849498459845 and there would be gangs of people stood around gawping at it everytime you parked up at the shops.

In the imp you would still get the gangs of people gawping at it, but in bewilderment not awe. That's my kind of car!!!!

I had an Imp once. It was dreadful, it burned more oil than petrol (by value), kept cutting out and refusing to restart and the floor was hanging out. Funnily enough the cooling and heating were faultless. Despite the problems I could see that a good one would be a fantastic car. After I'd bought it I discovered that 60s models were much better built and finished, mine was an L plater.I used to spectate at hillclimbs in the 1990s and the Imps were among the quickest road cars there.

There used to be a Lada before Graeme in the running order at Doune. I'm sure Graeme's Imp must have come close to catching the Lada a few times. There were two other Imps that I can remember and probably more that I can't but Graeme Wight Jr's was definitely the fastest. He must be in the Modified Production class now if he has perspex windows and no interior so he'll be even faster now.

Was this Greame's red Imp? That was a serious piece of kit, sold to Japan in 93 or 94 for about 6 grand. Featured in CCC magazine in the early 90s, after the one he had that broke his back(the brakes failed on a road teast after it bottomed out and ruptured a brake pipe).This Imp is just for fun, and he's now working on sticking a KV6 where the rear seats used to be... :shock::shock::shock:

It was the red one, not only was it quick, it was extremely tidy as well from what I remember. The other car that stands out in my mind from that time is Jamie Gibbon's XJ12. It used to protest loudly about being made to do a hillclimb but I think he managed to get some pretty good times.

It was the red one, not only was it quick, it was extremely tidy as well from what I remember.

The other car that stands out in my mind from that time is Jamie Gibbon's XJ12. It used to protest loudly about being made to do a hillclimb but I think he managed to get some pretty good times.

You mean Heather? I saw him taking it up Doune a while back, boy can that man drive!!! He'd bought it because he'd got bored with a Westfield, apparently it stopped when you wanted it to, turned in when you wanted it to, wasn't the same challenge of something that didn't handle!

this one was a gem, 0-60 in 3 secs, 0-100 in 6.9 secs, 0-130 in 10 secs,

the car was a real gem

Posted Image

Posted Image

loads of other crackers there as well.

drove my ratlook imp there 52 mpg well chuffed :twisted:

- aled

Its a 383ci Chevy auto (not from memory, I googled it). It said on the side though that it was 'lightly modified'. There is no room for the pedals and looks incredibly uncomfortable to drive as they are pushed into a tiny gap to the right. Although it is road legal i would not want to drive it far. But i suppose you would get the quickly....Is one hell of a car though. Used to have a 3.5 litre Rover v8 in it if if remember rightly (although i might have dreamt that).Here it is racing.

Back in 1984 (ish) I had RNK243D, a dark green Imp Super with a mint body (tha paint came up like glass with a T Cut and zero rust) and a forked h/g. I bought a rotten 998 Rallye for £80 and transferred all the running gear into it. Imps are great and far less wankerous than Minis.