Ok here's one for you!

MrRegieRitmo

Bad luck with the R14 rear screen Reg. :( I must have missed out on that when it happened (if indeed you have mentioned it here before).Do we all need to look out for a spare for you or is that sorted? Let us know.

Don't worry Tim, it's old news, I was just recalling things that have happened to cars I own / have owned.The R14 glass was smashed a couple of years ago during the 2006 world cup, it was the same evening that Poland had lost 2-0 to Germany so given the high population of Poles in the town, I suspect disgruntled Polish might have been to blame. Whoever it was went on a wanton trail of destruction around several roads, with lots of people reporting broken windscreens to the police. A car had been racing up & down roads with the passenger obviously leaning out & lobbing pebbles collected from the beach through car windows, I know this because we used to live not too far from the beach & only cars parked on the left side of the street were targeted!I had to wait a couple of weeks for the glass to be sourced from France for RAC Windscreens to come & fit but it only cost me my £50 excess. I say only, it was still £50 I didn't need to spend thank-you very much you yobskis!I'm fairly sure I must have moaned about it at the time, or not too long after (don't think I had made my first post on here till September that year).