Another weekend, another carshow!! Here we go again.

55bloke

Actually, it was the Pickering Steam Fair, which is a truly wonderful event for those of us with a love of old machinery- about 4 or 5 fields full of virtually every type of old, wheeled conveyance imaginable. The classic car section conained some gems, but I'll TRY and keep the pics limited to the particularly unusual or interesting!! There was a massive fun-fair as well as the vehicles and, as usual, there was a bunch of interesting old commercials associated with the fair-ground folk.

Bedford TKs, I think.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Big Yank

Posted Image

Mk 1 Tranny. Slightly worried about what the chap standing behind it is up to!!!

Posted Image

Mazda

Posted Image

Not sure

Posted Image

'nother Tranny

Posted Image

Interesting Moggy pick-up

Posted Image

Old Austin

Posted Image

a few more for tonight

This was badged ROYAL- new to me. Goggomobile?

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is new to me too- seemed to have a door at both ends!!

Posted Image

Special edition Moggy 100000. Remember thinking they were a horrid colour at the time!

Posted Image

Posted Image

]Posted Image

Amazing Minis!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At the risk of being microcar anorak of the day, the Janus is a Zundapp, made between '57 and '58 and the Glas Isar T700 was badged as the royal for the British market. Wonder how many they sold. Just this one? And why does the bloke in the trannie look so bloody miserable?

The Bubblecar Museum at Cranwell has a Zundapp Janus which I was absolutely captivated by when I visited recently. Sadly it was in pretty poor shape.I subsequently found the website of a Microcar museum in America which also has a Zundapp, with a brief history - and it looks virtually identical to the one you've spotted! What are the chances of that, I wonder?

I think that the mystery vehicle is a Douglas Timber Tractor, which is IIRC is based on an AEC truck, but 4WD and with a socking great winch on the back.

The plate above the left headlamp said something about it being at Heathrow airport!

I'm wondering if it'd be worth finding a transporter like that and using it to store the fleet on the road without needing to tax them. Just tax the truck :wink:

Get a pre-73 and no need to pay to tax the transporter either :twisted:

Greatï¼Â---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Never, never, never, never give up.While there is life there is hope. Nothing is impossible! wow powerleveling world of warcraft power leveling world of warcraft powerleveling wow power leveling wow powerleveling -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, here goes with another installment:-

Moggy Traveller on Minilites- think I rather like!

Posted Image

Shitey Triumph

Posted Image

Nice VX

Posted Image

Fond as I am of the Mk 1 'Tina, this is a pretty horrid example! Lots of filler under what looks like a good respray.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Magnificently naff Reliant passion-wagon combo!

Posted Image

Cool Hillman

Posted Image

and another

Posted Image

I think it'd be exempt from the London pollution zone too. Winner all round! :D

Surely only if it was petrol engined, though? The LEZ seems to include pretty much anything diesel and commercial - from 2010 even Land Rovers are verboten, excepting station wagons.
Just had a look at the TFL website:

"Exemptions

The following vehicles are automatically exempt from the LEZ if registered in Great Britain. These will not need to be registered with TfL and are not subject to the daily charge:

* Vehicles designed and built for mainly off-road use, but which may be used on the road for limited purposes, including:

- Agricultural and forestry tractors

- Mowing machines

- Agricultural and farm machinery and equipment

- Mobile cranes

- Road and building construction machinery

* Historic vehicles (built before 1 January 1973)

* Military vehicles "

Merc- class or crass?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Definately class

Posted Image

Definately crass!

Posted Image

Pumped Citroen

Posted Image

So fresh, it's not even off the trailer!

Posted Image

Lovely

Posted Image

car park spot

Posted Image

This, in many ways, the star of the show for me:-

Posted Image

Fantastic, unrestored Ford Model Y, but new number plates and lights.....

Posted Image

plus new battery, coil and wash bottle....

Posted Image

together with current tax disc and keys in ignition, suggest a new MoT and drivable!

Posted Image

Finally, just a couple of Veedubs spotted recently, which I felt worth including, though they weren't at this show.

Surely the rattiest of the rat look?

Posted Image

I just liked this one, spotted at Rother Valley. Trying hard to be cool, but somehow not quite making it!

Posted Image

Aye. Olds and Buick went with steroid-ridden-Chrysler-Alpine-esque style for their midsizers in 78 and 79 - sales dropped to zero so they went back to formal saloons for the early 80s. Think Buford T Justice's wheels in Smokey & The Bandit 3 and you'll be on the money...

Greatï¼Â----------------------------------------------------------------------------Never, never, never, never give up.While there is life there is hope. Nothing is impossible! world of warcraft power leveling world of warcraft powerleveling warcraft power leveling warcraft powerleveling wow account -----------------------------------------------------------------------------