Oops!

Baz

So you see a nice R9 & it makes you want an R11?

Yeh, they are essentially the same except the R9 is a saloon so one is much the same as another. Only reason I would prefer R11 is hatchback makes it a bit more useful and if I could find a TXE it gets a reasoably decent trim level.That said, if I could find an R9 like Baz's I would be more than happy!

So you see a nice R9 & it makes you want an R11?

Yeh, they are essentially the same except the R9 is a saloon so one is much the same as another. Only reason I would prefer R11 is hatchback makes it a bit more useful and if I could find a TXE it gets a reasoably decent trim level.That said, if I could find an R9 like Baz's I would be more than happy!
I could imagine feeling that way seeing an R15 & suddenly desiring an R17 but normally an R9 & R11 don't look the same visually although I suppose the front panels must be shared being that they are the Fiat Bravo / Brava of the Renault world.

Normally I much prefer hatchbacks but I think the R11 is the exception. The bits that differ on the R11 are the bits I like on the R9 (lights / grille) :wink:

I'm not so keen on the earlier R9's personally, I prefer the later '86 on cars where both the R9 and R11 got the same front end treatment. Each to his own and all that though, would be boring if we all liked the same I suppose! :) Although...... an early X/Y plate R9 in black might be nice, I seem to remember a special edition based on a GTS?? in black with black interior and alloys but it might be my memory playing tricks again :?Even better would be an Alliance convertible with all the yank bits removed and UK spec bumpers etc fitted.

Normally I much prefer hatchbacks but I think the R11 is the exception. The bits that differ on the R11 are the bits I like on the R9 (lights / grille) :wink:

I'm not so keen on the earlier R9's personally, I prefer the later '86 on cars where both the R9 and R11 got the same front end treatment. Each to his own and all that though, would be boring if we all liked the same I suppose! :)
I think my preference stems from the fact that the original Renault 9 front end bears a bit of a resemblance to the facelifted Renault 14 (need I say more?) and considering the R9 was the first replacement for the R14 it holds more significance & nostalgia for me.

Even better would be an Alliance convertible with all the yank bits removed and UK spec bumpers etc fitted.

Did they ever do a 2-door R9 tin-top? Suppose you could create one using the doors off Baz's R11 :lol: someone created a 2-door 306 Sedan in this way a few years back