Shitpez sights - 13.06.14

Jim Bell

Top spotting sir.

Is that a Nova kit car? I've never seen one in the metal/plastic.

It is indeed a Nova. Seeing the rigmarole of getting the lid shut put me off it a bit. Takes two people (one out, one in) and about 10 mins of fiddling to get it closed properly.

I like that beige SD1,is it 'on the market'? Looks in good nick, supa pasic, and a shite colour. Brilliant!

Both those poor beige-rs sat outside the Spanish City in Whitley Bay till the tyres went flat. They always looked in reasonable fettle, but never moved.

When the renovation of Spanish City started, they disapeared. Well, that sounds a bit dramatic. They were probably just moved.

IMG_0364.jpg

DVLA says 1493cc, the clearly intentional relocation of the reggo to aid cooling to what looks like an intercooler and the big feck-off pipes going to and from hell knows what says otherwise.

I'll fantasise that this is a scruffy but stupidly quick motor, with like 300BHP or something :D

S8005859.jpg

S8005863.jpg

I've just quite literally shreaded the V5s for both of those two cars, and I've got the keys to them in my drawer. They were supposed to have been crushed.....

Alan, that was when I owned him, in fact I'd say it's around 3 years ago. I would, but Ben already said it. :wink:

Please take 11 lines: "I must read VND's posts properly!" :mrgreen:

Anyway, thanks for giving me the link to here and to possibly my first Autoshite post in, erm, probably around 3 years too.... :oops:

Must come here more often rather than settle for whoring myself on the Practical Classics board. Meanwhile, if any shiters should happen to know where PKE is these days, please do tell, I miss the old thing, one of only two truly reliable cars I've ever owned** during the 3 years and 43,000 miles I added to his original 40k. The shell was still utterly free of rot when I parted with the brown one and was so soaked in Ensis V that I'd expect the car to have survived somewhere.

**Had 73 cars registered in my name since 1981, the two that I'd trust to get me there and back again? 1972 Dolomite autos both, ACU & PKE.

Alan, note that my indicator lens were the correct way on in that pic, there's a thing you don't see too often. :lol:

Sadly, I don't have a working old jamjar at the moment, but the Smart's sufficiently bananas to prevent my dying of automotive boredom and my (very) long term ancient shiter is still locked safely away up in the arse end of the middle of the back of beyond. That's my '72 Fiat 500 which is about as much use to me as tits on a fish, but it's a family thing so much as I'd like to swap it for an early Range Rover, it's still got to be reassembled. :(

Hello John! :D

Practical Classics? Pah!?! this is where the action is. I have done my 11 lines, you now need to write 12 times "I must post on Autoshite as it gud". Do it before 11 though as that is when everything ends. :wink:

Alan, note that my indicator lens were the correct way on in that pic, there's a thing you don't see too often.

Funny you should say that....this I found on facebook;

v2w0wl.jpg

:lol: