Just sold the shite

j-j

Just sold my beloved Xantia that I got free in December on for £553 on ebay! just watched it drive away. ..OK I bought £350 worth of new bits for it but even so, it's the only profit I've EVER made on a car. seems there's a captive market for Diesel Automatics! I'm now shiteless (not certain the CX actually is shite (?) sure Citroens are shite by nature but my CX is a early skool 70s machine and is beginning to get respect from old boys in carparks who "used to have one of them.." and Classic mags. I'f I'd kept the pain in the previous nick it would naturally still be shite.I already miss the chatter of that XUD engine... I feel the need for a BX coming on like never before... sorry dudes, I find it really hard to break away from my favourite maker! Though something East European would tempt me. I've also quite taken to some of the retro Japs I've seen on here and on RR..

I really miss my CX and GS - but I had to get rid before the love affairs started getting too expensive. (In other words, the Fuhrer got her way again :evil: ) I had a 1.6 BX when it was about 4 yrs old, and although it was capable and comfy, it never really got me juices going

was going to buy it for some comedy slowness. Very Happy

lol funnily it's not slow around town - war really willing to get off the mark! It showed it's craziness in combo only on the motorway. Where you just didn't bother overtaking sort of ever..

I had a 1.6 BX when it was about 4 yrs old, and although it was capable and comfy, it never really got me juices going

yea guess you have to be in the mood for a BX (every day like) but a Mk1 BX in a minging 80s colour would be lovely... I'm tempted by a rear engined Skoda too. Anyhoo I'll stop dreaming now..

I hate myself for getting rid of my Xantia. Got it for nowt 6 years ago, always passed the MOT with flying colours, only thing to ever go wrong with it in 60k was the clutch cable.

However the suspension needed replacing as the small nylon balls in the hydralics had worn. Would be a whopping £600 to replace at garage. Kept saying i was going to give it a go myself but as usual never got round to it.

Eventually a house move meant I had to scrap it and off it went.

Posted Image

The reason the picture is clouded is there were tears in my eyes.......

The thing that peeves me is that i have spent 4k on a series of useless vehicles i did not enjoy driving since the suspension went. What a douchebag. Can see me getting shot of the Xsara as its sooooo rubbish and getting another Xantia.

The reason the picture is clouded is there were tears in my eyes.......

- wow do you have a camera in your head!- I'm wondering, you say little nylon balls went and it was going to cost £600!? there is one well known Xantia thing where the tiny little nylon link from the anti roll bar to the levelling valves wears and pops off but these cost about a pound from the stealers and can be replaced in 10 mins! I wonder if it's the same thing and did someone spin you a line!!That's a shame the Xant in the pic is the exact same colour as my departed car (could've done with the doors off yours actually :lol: )Cavmad, those 16v BXs are all suddenly coming out of the woodwork at present for some reason - keep turning up on ebay too - probably due to fuel price but I hear these do not bad MPG.. If you drive like yer ma that is..

However the suspension needed replacing as the small nylon balls in the hydralics had worn. Would be a whopping £600 to replace at garage. Kept saying i was going to give it a go myself but as usual never got round to it.

WTF!!!!

£5 worth of parts

15 minutes worth of dicking about to fit and fix

You woz being subject to the typical "ah, its French Hydropneumatics, they is very expensive" rip off merchant - Christ i have a load of those nylon clips here and a total lack of Xantia to fit them to. I also have a billeted suspension cable clip - no more broken cable clip at the side of the road.

yea guess you have to be in the mood for a BX (every day like) but a Mk1 BX in a minging 80s colour would be lovely...

Hi there,Don't forget that Chris Salter is (kind-of) looking to offload that A REG cornflower blue povverty spec BX14E that was at teh National Rally :twisted:Yours hydropneumatically,Mark.

The very car, now with ticket and rent, full rear re-pipe, new octopussy, ready to roll complete with shite door bottoms, keep-fit windowz with GSA winders and a luvverly smooth simca/talbot suitcase engine.

Haz i imagez?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Behold the pure embodiment of 80's PSA shite. Amen.

Mark.

It was easy to replace? Dont tell me that........I was gutted to get rid of it. To be fair the guy who told me said he could not do it himself as it was too much work so maybe i have to the wrong end of the stick. Hopefully it was something else to justify me getting shot of it. Dont understand simple cars at the best of times, let alone French ones.