Citroen AX Echo

AXrescuer

Bought this for my son last year to learn to drive in. In the end, it never got used cos the little git said it wasn't 'Cool' enough to be seen in! I couldn't make use of it as being a rather big rugger type, trying get into the damn thing was like putting a waistcoat on! Shame really as it was a nippy little thing and brilliant on fuel.

Posted Image

We had two AXs, the first was a super-basic 1990 10E with static rear belts and sod-all else, first owner died when it was 18 months old and dad bought it off the son for like £2500 which woulda been mega cheap at the time. We soon traded it in for a new AX GT 5-door in spring '92 which was probably the only time the family's made money on selling a car to a dealer. My mum's aunt croaked round about the same time, wish we'd inherited her L-reg DAF instead :lol:

We were all set to buy a brand-new AX 10E "Neon" for my mum in early '93, but the Citroen dealer wouldn't budge from his derisory trade-in offer on our '90 Lada Samara 1.3 Select (drool...). So my dad bought a six-month-old Rover Metro 1.1S from the local Lada dealer instead - I seem to recall they offered £750 more for the Samara without any haggling.With reference to the crash performance, I recall in my early days of driving understeering the Metro into a grass bank, the only casualty being the front bumper getting knocked off it's offside mounting. The same thing in an AX would probably have resulted in bits of plastic shattering all over the scenery :roll:

I can reccomend not stuffing an AX, I had a new one aged 19, the insurers treated me to a new one aged 20 :D The upshot is they are flimsy, I took 3 foot out of one and left the dash rammed against the gear stick. It was in 4th. On the plus side my right Knee is GR8 4 WEYING IN STAINLESS.

Bought this for my son last year to learn to drive in. In the end, it never got used cos the little git said it wasn't 'Cool' enough to be seen in!

Posted Image

Looks t'right to me.

I hope you gave the ungrateful oik a good slap upside the head. :?

Just drive defensively :D - I got rear-ended by a rover 200 in mine, the rover came off worse, I just drove off....Never missed a beat, and 50mpg even flat out....ride was good too, even for a 6 foot 2er like me....one thing I didn't like was the cramped offset pedal box - the 106 was better....

Looks t'right to me. I hope you gave the ungrateful oik a good slap upside the head. :?

First thing I did pog! :lol: The irony is, he went out and bought himself a Skoda Favorit! Nice little motor mind you. Was even better once we'd repaired the thousands of rusty patches!