1980 Suzuki GT250 X7

gtd2000

I forget which thread this was mentioned in before but a month or so back I mentioned my X7 and here it is..it's lurking beneath this pile of junk of my mothers in the garage!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not been used since the early 90's and covered only 15K miles since new

Rear tyre was flat - not surprising after 16 years or so really...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thought I might as well add the stable mate

Posted Image

A couple of pics I didn't link before - old age I guess :roll:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That is fantastic, bet it sounds ace with the Allspeeds on it? Please keep me in mind if you come to sell it!

I suppose it is open for sale - what you see is how it looks after sitting in the garage and pulled out - I've not even taken a damp rag over it.I've seen them make reasonable money on eBay but at the end of the day it's more than likely worth more in sentimental terms to me than any monetary value it might reach.It does sound pretty "crisp" with the Allspeeds - I'm harking back a few years to remember now of course!The only thing that I know is a problem is that the nut from the left side front inidactor stalk has snapped off - other than that I'm not aware of anything that really needs sorting out to get it on the road.Brakes all appear to be working fine, tyres are perfect - not even perished at all actually.Front wheel needs a rub down to get that white paint off- I think a jet wash would take car of most of it to be honest.I'd suggest a strip down would be adviseable after standing for this period of time but I'm quite confident it would fire up after a few kicks.

God that brings back some memories. I bought a blue X7 to to replace my written off RD250E. As I recall, the bugger would lift the front wheel whenever the throttle was touched. If I were you I'd be hanging on it, you can't put a price on memories.

Cheers GTD, will pm you later. I really miss my 2T days and this would be perfect for re-anacting annoying the neighbours and weaving in/out of Chester zoo traffic on bank holidays.Was never a big fan of Yam strokers, always found them unreliable. Oh, didn't help that my missus (wearing a skirt) got on the back of my RD250E with LC pipes and burnt her leg on the exhaust. I can still mentally hear the singe and smell the burnt skin even now 20 odd years later :(