Yup - I want a shitter too....

Father Ted

Anything with about a month or twos tax or test that is roadworthy for a couple of hundred - been offered one that would fit the bill, but more than I can afford by about a ton fiftey :( Preferably within spitting distance of the North West.Basically I refuse to give Beardy Branston any of my hard earned cash taking the train with number one son from Preston to London as he is charging pretty much what your average shitter would cost to sit cattle class for 4 hours on a Saturday.Sadly what with the price of scrap, I think Im on a fast track to nowhere.But hey, I thought I would ask anyway.Cheers.

Use scrap value to underwrite the purchase then? Buy something at just above what they’re paying, then immediately get shot of it if you need to free up the capital investment.Some stuff is still going cheap on eBay, like the tidy 323 saloon that ended yesterday, or a Camry estate like mine for £285 which, at 1500+ kg, would have decent weigh-in value.

Thats pretty much what I was planning on doing really - unless I can find some interesting BL Tin to keep hold of for Jim lads schooling. Currently watching / bidding on the following:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and if all else phails:-

Posted Image

But thats gonna be a looooooong trip :lol:

Suspect of those pictured, the Accord estate is probably going to be the most comfortable and easiest to sell on again, provided of course that it doesn't go too high in the bidding!205GT is a rare bird, and may stay cheap due to 5 doors + sunroof. Meant to be a hoot to drive. The Civic may be completely overlooked by the bidding wars as well.

Suspect of those pictured, the Accord estate is probably going to be the most comfortable and easiest to sell on again, provided of course that it doesn't go too high in the bidding!205GT is a rare bird, and may stay cheap due to 5 doors + sunroof. Meant to be a hoot to drive. The Civic may be completely overlooked by the bidding wars as well.

What no comment on the 406?? :shock:

Yes, oddly the 205 has attracted no bids - yet I find it strangely attractive.The 406 is indeed a 1800 petrol one - not that I really care about the fact its petrol - I was also bidding on a 2.1TD, but thats gone whayyyy over my budget now.The Honda is owned by a family from Rochdale and the interior looks rather like an explosion in a sweet shop. The exterior is full of lots of little grazes and abrasions so it may well not prove all that popular either.I suspect the moment I place a bid on the aerodeck I will be outbid - its being offered by a dealer who has rather a lot on sale - I punted on a Rav 4 he is offering and was outbid in seconds from being the first bidder.

If you can score any of those for two hundred sovs I'll take my hat off to you. As someone else said that 205 is a very rare thing but I still reckon it'll do decent money if tested for some nugget to buy for their 17 year old kid to destroy.

If it's still about, might have an R reg Mondeo with a fresh MOT knocking about. Don't know any more than that, but can find out. Don't know how scruffed up, what engine etc, just that it's got a new MOT!.Weigh in for more, but if you're interested...

The 1.8 petrol 406 is well worth having. They are practically worthless because most people want a diesel estate so a £300 1.8 saloon is likely to be in much better condition than a £300 TD estate. The 1.8 goes well for a petrol engine and it's pretty economical, especially if you're planning motorway use.

Shame, I saw a 'V' plate Hyundai Lantra with ticket 'till March that was scruffy but honest go through Leeds Friday night auction a fortnight ago Friday for £160 + buyer's premium...No I'm not a trader, first time I'd been at auction for 18 months!!