Laurel -spotted !! +Audi Quattro Q car ??

mr-reno-139

no scrap pics this week :D

heading west on A27 shoreham as i slowed down for trafic lights this passed me ,quickly grabbed phone sorry for quality

Posted Image

a little later on a k reg audi wizzed by me on A259 lancing ,strange its got a 4.2 and quattro badge

being curious even though its not french do tell me more :?:

Posted Image

That Audi is simply called an 'Audi V8', basuically a 200 quattro with fat wheelarches and a 4.2 v8 + autobox. I have had a 3.6 V8 one of those and they are class in a glass, the 4.2 is supposedly even better! Amazing motorway basher. I drove mine to France one christmas, blezzing along the Autoroutes in it made me feel like the daddy.

Laurel a good spot indeed, that one a 2.4 according to DVLA which means it has the plusher interior. Facelift model, so it’ll have the twin rectangular lights. I’ve never had that variety of Laurel as a road car yet, though did buy a one-owner example off an old lady some years ago. I think it’s still at Datman’s, bit disappointed I didn’t get that one sorted myself as it turned out to be quite tidy under the mould but at the time I had a 300C which did exactly the same job but faster and even more luxuriously, as well as the 240K.The Audi is certainly something to admire, I can imagine it would be a wonderful thing to charge around Europe in. Until paying for fuel…

Audi V8 was a legendarily unreliable mutt when it was new.I know a chap who's had loads of them (30 odd), all mint, all reasonable miles, all unreliable! He trades them for a living as there are always a few Audi pervs out there who like the idea of them, spend fortunes on them keeping them working, then trade them back to him as he's the only person who'll give half decent money for them. He makes good money out of them as he also buys all the dog rough ones and breaks them. The kit car boys like the engines and gearboxes.He himself drives an old W126 Merc 560 SEL with a towbar and trailer when he goes to pick up the Audis. "Nice car the Audi V8, but I'm not daft enough to think they'll get me home from anywhere without costing a few hundred quid to fix afterwards"He's the only bloke I know who can quote VAG part numbers for off the top of his head.