Some pics of our old motors - Updated 26/08/08

AXrescuer

GR8 motors, I haven't owned an estate (which is probably one of the best loadluggers in terms of usable space out there) but I have had custody of two 2.3 (so injected) saloons of '85 (GLT) and '90 (GLE) vintage - the latter being the same colour as that first estate, with beige leather. Supercomfy, rust-resistant and quite economical for their size if driven gently, rough (noisy fans!) engines but they go on for ever - by carbon-dating the MOT's and service history I worked out the later car had actually done 230k miles, not the 132k it was indicating - and it still drove sweet as a nut. Only problem is the speedo/mileometer/fuel gauge failures endemic to the 88-91 models, a GPS solves the speedo bit but I've run out of petrol more than once - and a 740 is a heavy car to push to the nearest petrol station!I wouldn't say no to a Turbo.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this old pic of my late lamented Renner 11 GTL. It only had 35000 miles on the clock when I got it. My father in law gave it to me in exchange for what was basically beer money. Owned it from 1991 - 1993 when we had to part x it for a bigger car. Wonder where it is now?

Posted Image

I found this old pic of my late lamented Renner 11 GTL. It only had 35000 miles on the clock when I got it. My father in law gave it to me in exchange for what was basically beer money. Owned it from 1991 - 1993 when we had to part x it for a bigger car. Wonder where it is now?

Well dead by the look of things: 8)

The enquiry is completeThe vehicle details for B969 XUR are:Date of Liability 01 02 1997Date of First Registration 13 02 1985Year of Manufacture 1985Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1397CCCO2 Emissions Not AvailableFuel Type PetrolExport Marker Not ApplicableVehicle Status UnlicensedVehicle Colour REDVehicle Type Approval nullThis vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration CertificateThe information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £66.0012 Months Rate £120.00

Well dead by the look of things: 8)

The enquiry is completeThe vehicle details for B969 XUR are:Date of Liability 01 02 1997Date of First Registration 13 02 1985Year of Manufacture 1985Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1397CCCO2 Emissions Not AvailableFuel Type PetrolExport Marker Not ApplicableVehicle Status UnlicensedVehicle Colour REDVehicle Type Approval nullThis vehicle can be licensed at a DVLA Local Office without the V5C Registration CertificateThe information contained on this page is correct at the time of enquiry.Vehicle Excise Duty Rate for vehicle 6 Months Rate £66.0012 Months Rate £120.00

Shame. Oh well.....

Greatï¼Â----------------------------------------------------------------------------A bold attempt is half success.In doing we learn.Two heads are better than one.Constant dropping wears the stone. world of warcraft power leveling world of warcraft powerleveling wow power leveling wow powerleveling world of warcraft power leveling -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greatï¼Â----------------------------------------------------------------------------A bold attempt is half success.In doing we learn.Two heads are better than one.Constant dropping wears the stone. world of warcraft power leveling world of warcraft powerleveling wow power leveling wow powerleveling world of warcraft power leveling -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go do one!

• 3 weeks later...

A hunt through yet another box of old pics turned these up!

Posted Image

My Honda CB400 Wet Dream after a respray n 1982 - Horrible! In the background is my old Avenger 1500. Sadly written off in April 1983

Posted Image

Butty the Datsun Cherry in 1988. I loved this car, sadly it could rot for it's country!

Posted Image

It's 1994 and my Yamaha v535 Virago sits parked behind our old Cav 1.8 CDi!

Posted Image

Another of my two wheelers, a Katana GS550MX. Bought new, I ended up production racing this for two seasons 1983/84.

Posted Image

Stop gap Riva back in April 1994. I think it was a 1600 but my memory fails me.

Posted Image

Another shot of our sadly missed Renner 11 GTL, circa 1991.

Posted Image

This was a steaming pile of poo. I think it was a special edition called a Croc or something like that. We happily let that go in 1991 to make way for the Renner 11.

Posted Image

Pug 306 XRDT. I had this from new in April 1996, it was my company car when I worked for Computacenter.