Future mega buck fords?

andrew e

Mondeo ST220 possibly, ST200 doubtful - but the estate one might be worth something.

Is one that much better than the other then?
200's 2.5 and 202 bhp, 220's 3.0L and 225hp but weighs more. depends if you prefer the passat-esque styling of the newer car. I actually quite like the booted and estate 200, but can leave the hatch.....St200's still fetch good money at the mo, the 220 being post 2001 gets hammered by VED come 2010....so expect prices to nosedive.
Wasn't there an ST24 Mondeo as well or am I making that one up?
There was indeed an ST24, but it wasn't much good.

Mondeo ST220 possibly, ST200 doubtful - but the estate one might be worth something.

Is one that much better than the other then?
200's 2.5 and 202 bhp, 220's 3.0L and 225hp but weighs more. depends if you prefer the passat-esque styling of the newer car. I actually quite like the booted and estate 200, but can leave the hatch.....St200's still fetch good money at the mo, the 220 being post 2001 gets hammered by VED come 2010....so expect prices to nosedive.
Wasn't there an ST24 Mondeo as well or am I making that one up?
There was indeed an ST24, but it wasn't much good.
Do tell? :)

Ws it the same wanky, rattly piece of shit engine fitted to common or garden Mundanos? You the ones I mean, the ones that came from the factory with a cams made out of recycled ring pulls?

Twas the 24v engine that normal Mk1 Mondeo V6's got in a almost Ghia trim car. Slightly funkier seats if memory serves me right. Some had twin exhausts which looked quite good and sounded rather nice without releasing any more power. Unfortunately the suspension setup wasn't much to shout about - it didn't know whether to be a sporty repmobile or a cheap fast cruiser. For some reason they always felt more nose heavy than an Si or ST200, steering was a bit stodgy compared to a 4 potter, and they were utterly crap on fuel. The auto ones were truly horrifically bad in every way, that is one of the least pleasing gearboxes in history - and I like autos.

Twas the 24v engine that normal Mk1 Mondeo V6's got in a almost Ghia trim car. Slightly funkier seats if memory serves me right. Some had twin exhausts which looked quite good and sounded rather nice without releasing any more power. Unfortunately the suspension setup wasn't much to shout about - it didn't know whether to be a sporty repmobile or a cheap fast cruiser. For some reason they always felt more nose heavy than an Si or ST200, steering was a bit stodgy compared to a 4 potter, and they were utterly crap on fuel. The auto ones were truly horrifically bad in every way, that is one of the least pleasing gearboxes in history - and I like autos.

So was it basically the forerunner to the 'proper' ST Mondeos? (a bit like how the MKI Fiesta SuperSport was the forerunner to the XR2.....as picked up on another thread! :wink: )