Monthly Scotoshite meet at Armadale last Wednesday of the month.

nuttyhk

I'm still here Richard albeit a little disheartened by individuals comments on other threads especially when it devolved into a slagging match, bringing into the mix that Im Scottish - Not that that has anything to do with the price of mince but we move on.

There is a split in who wants to meet where but I'm happy to go with the masses. Creeping Jesus was going to investigate a meeting point as I dont think the restaurants/bars at the bridge are busy enough to sustain us being there after 10pm without getting the lights switched out on us :oops: .I haven't heard from him since the last meet so not sure what's happening with that idea. I had arranged for it to be at Cumbernauld last time as we have people travelling from further afield and thought this was reasonably central for everyone (37mins from Dunfermline and just about an hour from Gourock) . Dunfermline is 30mins away which is ok for me but its a good 1hr and 30min for some of the other scotoshiters which is quite a distance. What do you guys think? Just let me know and we will get something sorted. The next meet should be Wednesday 28th so got time to get some suggestions for venues.

Just to add im happy either way. Im just glad its managed to get people together without too much hassle :D

Id quite like to alternate east/west as it gets more people involved and allows people to meet at least once every couple of months if travelling is an issue. Just need to get a venue in or around Dunfermline.

Seven Kings meets all of the criteria, except cheap. It's not 1 Devonshire Gardens dear, don't get me wrong, but it's more like the place we were at in S Queensferry. Given the success of the £3.99 carvery meet, I was beginning to wonder if it might have been such a wise suggestion after all. From the perspective of S Queensferry it seemed reasonable enough!

The public car park out the back is free after 6pm, it's not too hard to find, and the cars could be seen from a comfy chatting position. Yer tea might not be so cheap, but I could check to see if there's some sort of a deal if we could book. If the collective will goes in that direction, then fine. I'm happy to do some organising; if not, then there are cheap carvery places in this neck of the woods.

Seven Kings meets all of the criteria, except cheap. It's not 1 Devonshire Gardens dear, don't get me wrong, but it's more like the place we were at in S Queensferry. Given the success of the £3.99 carvery meet, I was beginning to wonder if it might have been such a wise suggestion after all. From the perspective of S Queensferry it seemed reasonable enough!

The public car park out the back is free after 6pm, it's not too hard to find, and the cars could be seen from a comfy chatting position. Yer tea might not be so cheap, but I could check to see if there's some sort of a deal if we could book. If the collective will goes in that direction, then fine. I'm happy to do some organising; if not, then there are cheap carvery places in this neck of the woods.

Im good with that if everyone else is???????

Ive just checked the menu and they do a 2 for a tenner deal on selected meals like burger and chips, macaroni etc so no too expensive but hell its no cheap ass carvery :wink:

Good for a bit of variety though. Had a look a the google street view I take it the car park is hidden round the back and accessed by a different road but easy enough to get to? What a good photo op this would have been if we had been allowed to park on the fancy cobbles at the entrance of the park.

*******If people could let me know if this is a goer and if so same as last time get your name down asap for a seat and we can book a big table. You dont need to eat but if you let me know your coming at least you will have a wee seat while we stuff our faces then head to the lounge for a natter.

What do we think?

Dont think Perth is suitable for a lot of people but not to be ruled out in the better weather/lighter nights if we decide to do a drive and dine sort of thing?

Well it looks like the Seven Kings seems like a plan. Just need to confirm numbers for booking a table.

Dont worry if youre just coming on your own and want to eat we should be able to pair meals up to get the two for a tenner deal if you want.

So far we have:

Me + Ian

Neil

David

Adrian

Richard

Any more for any more?

I did a google directions search and yes it appears to be a one way all the way round the place. Although the cursor stops outside the door of the pub if you continue down that road it takes you to the car park that everyone is talking about. I did a screen shot but dont know how to upload the image?????

On nuttyhk's picture, the bit of Chalmers Street is TWO WAY between Glen Bridge and the car park. My uncle got married recently in Dunfy and that's where we parked.

Travelling from the west via the Kincardine bridge brings you right along Pittencrief Street so it's very simple to turn right then left into the parking. From the south / east it's probably easiest going over the Forth bridge and following the A823(M) and then following the dual carriageway right round the town past the Kingsgate Centre. Then it's just left into Chalmers Street and left again into the car park.