The dash at night

dollywobbler

Guest Breadvan72

The Ford styled Jags look and feel very different inside to the BL designed ones such as the XJ-S and XJ40, don't they.

Yes, and also they can haz OMG COMPUTAZKAOS.  My new mobile mech (v good, can recommend him to anyone in Bucks/Oxon/ Worcs/Warks kind of area) is currently battling with bazonkers 02 sensor faily codes on my dailyshed X Type. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing as I started a thread without realizing there was already a thread for dashboards I better bump this thread up.

Toyota Yaris T sport (Mk1)

Since there is no "Dash by day" thread, maybe you should rename your thread so people can post photos of their dash in the daytime if they want to - and post a photo of your dash in the daytime!!

33085389101_3b50af23a3_b.jpg

The Jag At Night by Conrad Conelrad, on Flickr

What's that missing one? Why have I got a missing one?

Hooli is correct - it is an orange light which has ANTI-LOCK written on it.

This should only light up for up to 40 seconds when you first turn on the ignition, together with the red Brake system fault light marked (!) next to the handbrake light (P). The ANTI-LOCK warning light stays illuminated until the brake accumulator is fully charged, then goes out,  along with the Brake system fault light.

If the ANTI-LOCK light comes on when driving, it signifies there is an ABS fault - most generally one of the wheel speed sensors. When the Brake system fault light is illuminated on its own, there might be a brake system fault (I can't remember what my car does when it the engine isn't running - it may stay on). If the engine is running though and the brake system fault light stays on after the 40 seconds is up, then a brake system fault is indicated. Pressing the Vehicle Condition monitor (VCM) button on the car computer on the right hand side of the steering wheel will reveal what the fault is on the mileage display.

I suspect there isn't anything wrong, just that the engine is not running and the ignition has been on long enough for the ABS accumulator to be fully charged, thus extinguishing the warning light.

Guest Breadvan72

Slaaaab.  Incuding the night panel setting.  I like the fact that you can make the interior of a Saab really dark at night, by turning down the lights and then selecting the night panel gizmo.  Too much Blackpool Illuminations going on in lots of cars.

post-5528-0-51872700-1488489535_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-98688500-1488489559_thumb.jpg

post-5528-0-26290800-1488489584_thumb.jpg

Guest Hooli

That should* be a MOT failure too, as they have a chart saying what the light should do.

*if they bother to check.

I know how much fuel I have, what temperature my coolant is and how full my battery is.  Speed and time are irrelevant.

post-5335-0-24923500-1488667153_thumb.jpg

I'll take a better night-time picture when the dash is all back together now it's been fixed.  Oh, and it's a Princess, obviously.

Guest Hooli

I know how much fuel I have, what temperature my coolant is and how full my battery is.  Speed and time are irrelevant.

attachicon.gif20170225-04.jpg

I'll take a better night-time picture when the dash is all back together now it's been fixed.  Oh, and it's a Princess, obviously.

Reminds me of my Bonnie. The only functional instrumentation are the main beam & oil pressure warning lights.