PSA Dizzler - cambelt query?

pogweasel

my 'best' during the trip was 114mpg on throttle whilst stuck behind a tractor

If you take your foot off the gas going downhill you will soon see a wallet friendly 999.9 mpg!Also, in traffic, you can take your foot off the clutch and accelerator in 1st or 2nd and crawl at 5mph or 10mph respectively. I seem to remember it would do the same thing down steep hills too (on hols in devon)Fly-by-wire throttle or something?

Also, in traffic, you can take your foot off the clutch and accelerator in 1st or 2nd and crawl at 5mph or 10mph respectively. I seem to remember it would do the same thing down steep hills too (on hols in devon)Fly-by-wire throttle or something?

Nah, just the low-down torque of the diesel engine.

Also, in traffic, you can take your foot off the clutch and accelerator in 1st or 2nd and crawl at 5mph or 10mph respectively. I seem to remember it would do the same thing down steep hills too (on hols in devon)Fly-by-wire throttle or something?

Nah, just the low-down torque of the diesel engine.
Nope, they do have some form of fly by wire....and anti-stall as well:

Another wrinkle is the anti-stall control (the throttle is fly by wire not directly connected). Try releasing the throttle on a slight incline in second and just before the car comes to a halt it will appear to accelerate and then settle at 8/9 mph without need to touch the controls. Spooky the first time you try it, usually on the Madcunian Way under Chester Rd. for me

Ah, maybe you're right - my Scorpio TDi has fly by wire too and it is very difficult to stall.Annoyingly you can't left foot brake either, without it cutting power to the engine. :roll:

It was just something I read ages ago and tried out....strange sensation going downhill but came in useful in traffic a few times.

It's basically a throttle pedal connected to a potentiometer and the other end of the gubbins works the throttle. Foci have a tendancy for the pedal to go but it's apparently an easy job to fix.The wife's petrol 106 has stepper motor controlled idle, if cold I can get to the shops 2/3 of a mile away without touching the throttle, and getting up to 30 on the slight downhill!!!

I remember a friend's late dad opening the bonnet of his S-reg Laguna company hack and pointing out to me the throttle cable coming through the bulkhead... connected to a potentiometer INSIDE the engine bay. Why use one component when ten will do :lol: