Autoshites *official* WANTED/OFFERED thread...

Lord Sterling

NOT wanted – I’ve got a passenger seat for an E30 coupe and the rear seats going spare. I bought them as a set so I could get a decent drivers seat, but CBA fitting the others. They are grey cloth with black flecks and are in good nick, thought I’d offer them here before they’re tip bound.

NOT WANTED -

One sweet MT75 V6 4x4 gearbox & front prop out my 2.9 XR4x4. Tried most forums - FSOC, Ford Power, XROC, XRStyle, RR, no takers and can't be bothered with ebastard.

Bring me beer ( ideally Peroni ) and its yours. Its on a pallet at work in Edinburgh.

Could do with a couple of rims, steel or alloy for a Volvo 440/460/480, anyone got anything available?

Got a couple of 480 spares if that's any good?

I'm going to get rid of my 1989 Volvo 740 2.0 GL estate, either sell it as is or swap for a pre 1990 car. I don't really mind, I just want something smaller and a lot more economical.

Tax runs out februaury, mot until march I believe, will have to check though. Has had brand new rear shocks, timing belt done within 3000 miles, oil change, plugs, coolant flush and new antifreeze. Paintwork looks all nice and shiny but with any old car there are some issue, zero rust though.

Has n working alarm and immobilser too.

Few little issues, power steering is stiff on start up, goes back to normal after a minute though? Usual Volvo problem of speedo not working. Also, it used to have a roofrack bolted through the roof, this must've been removed and the holes filled as the filler has sunk a small amount, it doesn't bother me though.

Fuel gauge works fine so does temperature gauge.

Engine pulls bloody well and runs well too, gearbox changes up and down as it should and smoothly.

Huge loadspace with the seats down and has a factory fitted dog guard.

Tow bar with working electrics.

Electric front windows and heated seats and wing mirrors. Mirrors are electric too and all work.

Has had a recent rear exhaust too.

Sad to see it go but I'm only doing short journey in it, and can't afford it right now, especially as Xmas has stripped me of any cash I did have!

Also has the benefit of getting classic insurance, I'm 26, zero no claims and 4 points and its £198 fully comp a year.

420379_262290490558113_786983023_n.jpg

3468_277158332404662_888406958_n.jpg

399239_290193761101119_1879780912_n.jpg

DSCF3883.jpg

DSCF3885.jpg

Gotta be worth £395?

3' stack of magazines from late 80s early 90s, a mix of car and some bike, I saved these a few years ago from getting dumped, but now I need to tidy my workshop so someone elses turn to save them. Noticed a couple of copies of Backstreet Heroes, flicked through to the readers wives and the sight of bikemunters has given me erectile disfunction, someone take them away please, pick up from North Watford WD24 7XA.

magsf.jpg

Anyone got a cheap turbo boost gauge?

I know, it's a bit chavvy, but the previous owner of the Pug has been fiddling with the pump*, and I want to check what boost it's running and adjust it accordingly. Hopefully might be able to get it going a bit more briskly. :D

*explains why it's lobbing so much soot out.

Wanted;

Vauxhall Cavalier Interior in Black (Preferably Velour, non heated) with door cards in good condition upwards.

White GLi/SRi/CDi front bumper inserts and rear bumpers

Offered;

Full Cavalier "L" spec interior in very good/perfect condition - Beige/cream (Consists of 5 seats, 4 door cards, dashboard, parcel shelf, head lining and some carpet) - £35 - Collected

Cavalier pre-face tail lights (Good condition) - £10 collected

Cavalier mirrors - Cracked/chipped casings, £0 - Collected (usable, but I wont charge due to average condition)

Many other parts also available. Removed from a 1991 Pre-facelift Cavalier in white

Maestro rear bumper in light metallic blue - Free to collector, condition average - Stored for some years

Access to many "Shite" car parts, please let me know and I'll see if it's held to hand, I need to clear out the double garage full of crap!

/\

You haven't broken that white Mk3, surely?

Also, don't suppose you have a metallic green driver's door for a (facelifted) Mk3 do you?

No, bought one specifically to break. Was rusted to buggery and without major surgery, wouldn't have returned to the road. Only 70k on the clock, but had lived near and been driven through the sea for most of it's life, along with a fuelling system that was so complicated due to constant modification, it had three fuel filters in various places, fuel lines everywhere going to various places or just not at all. I broke it as it was the same colour as mine.

On the subject of metallic green doors... I'll keep an eye out for sure. I do see them fom time to time but I don't carry one in stock.

/\

Wasn't someone on Retro-Rides doing one of them up (readers other modifications section I think) not so long back? Probably worth an ask on there. Also have a word with the lad who does pinstriping on RR (think he's called Slacker) as he is bang into Vespas and could probably help.

After seeing Sam G's Octavia van I realise that some kind of commercial/utility shite is missing from my automotive shite existence.

I have no beer tokens to spare but I do have a pretty decent C reg Grannie 2.8 Ghia auto flavour with added carb topping. The car is solid and is a runner. Small amount of rusty blebs in the usual places but nothing that a good solid weekend couldn't sort out. There is also a large stash of spares to go with the car along with 4 nearly new tyres for the alloys which will need to be fitted. The car is in storage in Essex. Oh, it also has a new battery. Being that it has no ticket or rent it will need to be trailered to be uber legal.

Looking to directly swap for an interesting/unusual small to medium commercial type thing (towbar would be extra yummy). Runner would be great, bodywork is not a major issue but I have no access to welding tackle for anything major. If it is close to North London/Herts/ Essex then so much the better. Not too new'ish mind. Not a lover of modern shite. :lol:

Not much of a want list eh :lol::lol::lol:

Cash might also be an option and I am looking at the £550 mark ovno bearing in mind the spares, etc.

Ta

Ken