Autoshites *official* WANTED/OFFERED thread...

Lord Sterling

Am looking for a half-decent 2nd-hand MIG setup, nothing fancy but in good working order, and easy enough for a total numpty to use. Either gas or easily-convertable-gasless. Preferably within striking distance of either N Wales or Hertfordshire. Budget is around £150, depending on how far away it is  :-)

MrDuke

Lidl are/were knocking out brand-new, warrantied arc welders (100A) for £39.99 and inverter welders for £69.99 - spotted in my local one on Saturday and I think posted about by someone on here recently. Reviews seem to be that its alright generally and pretty good for the price.

not sure if that helps

Thanks for the tip Stanky, but as DR says it's not ideal. A pro welder could probably work wonders with it, but it would be no use to me - I can remember trying arc at college and blowing huge holes through 5mm steel plate.

If I can't find a used one, I'm thinking of getting a £200 Clarke jobbie, but 1) that runs on tiny bottles and 2) I wouldn't have much left over to spend on a decent mask.

Thanks for the tip Stanky, but as DR says it's not ideal. A pro welder could probably work wonders with it, but it would be no use to me - I can remember trying arc at college and blowing huge holes through 5mm steel plate.

If I can't find a used one, I'm thinking of getting a £200 Clarke jobbie, but 1) that runs on tiny bottles and 2) I wouldn't have much left over to spend on a decent mask.

I got the £30 auto mask from Screwfix as a replacement for an old one and it does the job perfectly.

I also use a Clark pro 90 mig https://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-345826/clarke-pro-90.html?gclid=COeB56KDltQCFWIq0wodWNUB_A and it has done about 10 years of work for me. Yes bigger is better but it has kept quite a few cars on the road.

I got the £30 auto mask from Screwfix as a replacement for an old one and it does the job perfectly.

I also use a Clark pro 90 mig https://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-345826/clarke-pro-90.html?gclid=COeB56KDltQCFWIq0wodWNUB_A and it has done about 10 years of work for me. Yes bigger is better but it has kept quite a few cars on the road.

Yes, that's the one I was looking at getting. I've got no concerns regarding the longevity of it, but I was worried that the small bottles would be more hassle compared to pub bottles. I didn't realise auto masks could be had that cheap though, thanks for the pointer  :-)

Yes, that's the one I was looking at getting. I've got no concerns regarding the longevity of it, but I was worried that the small bottles would be more hassle compared to pub bottles. I didn't realise auto masks could be had that cheap though, thanks for the pointer  :-)

I now use mine with a pub style CO2 bottle which I got off a friend. The little bottles did go reasonably far but you always needed a spare.

Bub was selling a gasless/gas welder for a while.

Don't bother with the small disposable bottles, especially whilst learning as you'll piss through them in no time

You are better off finding a used set up,either with a bottle or a regulator as a minimun

There are a few forums out there that should be able to help.

Karcher K2 Compact Pressure Washer.  It was a Christmas gift but 6 months later I haven't used it, as I still just use the pez station jet wash.

£30 and collection from Beckenham, SE London or I can bring to Shitefest.

Looks like this

post-5013-0-26551500-1496149131_thumb.jpg

Anyone interested in a brand new digital dash? Universal fit made by Koso but has a speedo adapter for a classic mini (others available). Cost me £110 for a kit car project but was never fitted. Still in box. Looking for £50 collected or £55 posted.

How much welding is needed?I don't even have a Mini!

Floor, bulkhead and sills are now solid. Rear arch's, boot floor and around the headlights need work. Much needs replumbing after the bulkhead work. Just had no time for last couple of years. All the bits are there but a few of them are knackered.

Floor, bulkhead and sills are now solid. Rear arch's, boot floor and around the headlights need work. Much needs replumbing after the bulkhead work. Just had no time for last couple of years. All the bits are there but a few of them are knackered.

I am probably not the best person to take on yet another project especially if there are others who would complete it faster.

Now posted in correct thread shocker.

I have many manuals. All unread (by me). They need to go, and I'd rather not bin such historically important literature. 

Some Haynes, a few Autodata and Autobooks. All in used condition. Be under no illusion, these are not new, but they are all useable, ie. they're not all falling apart with big oily fingerprints on them. (there may be some oily fingerprints)

Yours for postage. £3 seems to be the going rate on eBay. Send me the money by electric means, and watch as HMRC identify me as a millionaire antiquarian book dealer. 

IMG_20170531_223314_zpsvsmong0j.jpg

IMG_20170531_223250_zpsnbiq8rfe.jpg