Autoshites *official* WANTED/OFFERED thread...

Lord Sterling

The garage at the bottom of my road has a few breakers,  one is a w reg 306 diesel that the former owner described as 'fast'.  If it's an XUD I might want the sump,  if it is an HDI then it might have the right alternator.

Clee Hill so technically the midlands.

cheers cats,

Sorry for the late reply, i've been really busy. I'll pass the info on to my mate, and let you know if anything comes of it mate.

thanks for your reply and help.

all the best,

gary.

I'm looking for someone with weldy and body (ooer) skills who would swap for building skills. I'm sure there are shiters who would rather work on cars than there homes. 

I'm a time served old skool carpenter, decorator, tiler, and have done everything from roofs downwards including kitchen fitting and have all the tools needed.

Shite in question is a 305 van that needs a wheel arch sorting plus a couple of other bits to make it look a bit tidier. 

Not looking for immaculate work coz it won't go with the fifty shades of white and dents that it is at the moment.

I've got an air bed n stuff so only need basic amenities like use of toilet facilities.

Preferably within a couple of hundred miles of Brum but could be further. Prefer this way and meet a shiter and see a different part of the country than hand my dosh to a local bodyshop who I don't know.

Any chance? or am I peeing in the proverbial wind?

I have limited experience* in the use of my stick and mig welders, so the results would deffo not be perfect, but I'd welcome the opportunity to do a bit of skill bartering. The work required is a complete update of a council semi (new kitchen and bathroom minimum) and/or the construction of a concrete foundation and floor and a large timber shed to go on it. Self contained accommodation in onsite motorhome provided.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

I'm looking for someone with weldy and body (ooer) skills who would swap for building skills. I'm sure there are shiters who would rather work on cars than there homes. 

I'm a time served old skool carpenter, decorator, tiler, and have done everything from roofs downwards including kitchen fitting and have all the tools needed.

Shite in question is a 305 van that needs a wheel arch sorting plus a couple of other bits to make it look a bit tidier. 

Not looking for immaculate work coz it won't go with the fifty shades of white and dents that it is at the moment.

I've got an air bed n stuff so only need basic amenities like use of toilet facilities.

Preferably within a couple of hundred miles of Brum but could be further. Prefer this way and meet a shiter and see a different part of the country than hand my dosh to a local bodyshop who I don't know.

Any chance? or am I peeing in the proverbial wind?

When are you looking at getting it done? I am in Tamworth and am reasonably handy with a welder but I only have space to work outside so it's a bit weather dependant and my crappy arthritic fingers prefer welding in the spring and summer. I have a few projects I am looking to do around the house/ loft.

If you could wait until the warmer months then it could be a goer (would be worth me looking over the van to check it's not super complicated first but I can manage most stuff).

I'm no good at bodywork and I don't like decorating and I've got a vacant 1 bedroom flat that needs painting throughout down here in shitey sussex

If you are up for it I could kip in there and do it for a ton a day + 40 fuel. You won't be disappointed with the result. I'll put my reputation on the line by saying if you aren't happy you don't pay. Got to be cheaper than someone down there and I can see what Sussex is like. If there is a nearish pub for an after work beer, +points.

When are you looking at getting it done? I am in Tamworth and am reasonably handy with a welder but I only have space to work outside so it's a bit weather dependant and my crappy arthritic fingers prefer welding in the spring and summer. I have a few projects I am looking to do around the house/ loft.

If you could wait until the warmer months then it could be a goer (would be worth me looking over the van to check it's not super complicated first but I can manage most stuff).

No probs later when its warmer. I'm self employed so can please myself when I work or not. I need one wheel arch that needs a piece about 50mm wide and a couple of smaller bits elsewhere. NOTHING underneath. Let me know if you are up for it. Tamworth is a bit less than an hour from me. 50mm wide the whole curve almost.

No probs later when its warmer. I'm self employed so can please myself when I work or not. I need one wheel arch that needs a piece about 50mm wide and a couple of smaller bits elsewhere. NOTHING underneath. Let me know if you are up for it. Tamworth is a bit less than an hour from me. 50mm wide the whole curve almost.

Shouldn't be a problem, I will pm you my email and if you can a couple of pics over I will have a look.

I have limited experience* in the use of my stick and mig welders, so the results would deffo not be perfect, but I'd welcome the opportunity to do a bit of skill bartering. The work required is a complete update of a council semi (new kitchen and bathroom minimum) and/or the construction of a concrete foundation and floor and a large timber shed to go on it. Self contained accommodation in onsite motorhome provided.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Well Mr Weaver, or may I call you Chod? that's the kind of work I've been doing for years and as I said to Mitsisigma I'm looking at a ton a day + fuel there and back, In your case 120 miles there and back at say 40mpg. Could come up and have a chat if you like? Never been to Congleton.

As I've said I don't want it perfect. It will only show up the rest of it. More blended in than looking like new.

On my travels to a mate's in Salford today I found the following HBOLs for £2.99 each. (I got myself one for an '84-'91 Civic in case there's anything about D Serieseses in there).

If anyone wants any passing on let me know and I'll go get it:

Mini x2

VW T2 bay window

Corsa B

Saab 99/900

Carina E

Cavalier mk2 x2, one older than the other

mk4 Cortina

Sierra

BMW E30/34

Marina

Datsun Cherry F-II

Austin 1100

Pug 309

Pug 205

Mk2 Mondeo

Mk1 Megane Scenic

Montego

205 pez

R19.

Need to clear out some wheels. All are 4 x 3 3/4" PCD (95.25mm) so would fit on Herald/Spitfire/Dolomite, Marinas, some Lotuses, Caterhams etc. Available for collection from NW or South middle London.

1: First up a set of very rare Firestone Mk1 BRM wheels circa late '60s.  Also sometimes known as 'Alcans' since that is the name cast in on the back.  They're 5.5 x 13, close to standard offset.  There's 12 wheelnuts there which will help with getting another four.  They are a very small sleeve nut and I could potentially assist with making up 4 more from Spitfire type wheelnuts.  Asking £200  Would probably be willing to post these.

_MG_6899.jpg

firestonead1mi5.jpg

2: I thought these were Compomotives but not sure as that name isn't cast into them.  6 x 13, ET13.  In need of a refurb/repaint. Tyres are scrap. Asking £60

IMG_4114.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

3:  Weller Motorsport wheels 5.5 x 13.  These have gone a bit crusty due to typical Weller powdercoating breaking up but would clean up and re-paint. They are fitted with a matching set of proper winter tyres which are a few years old now but still in useable order. Asking £60

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

Offers considered!

Wanted

GENARATOR so I can run power tools in my field. I am guessing 2 KW plus is needed.

I have this in Hertford: 

Hasn't been run since that video but previous to that it was brand new, I think some of the airfilter box is missing (but some tights over the remaining box will do, or just dont throw stones in the carb).