Autoshites *official* WANTED/OFFERED thread...

Lord Sterling

When you select gears it has no drive and makes a horrid sound.

I think it is very old, my guess is around 40 years but I can find any information on it. It would suit me to repair this as security is an issue so new new shiny one would be gone in hours.

Next time I am up at the field I will try to photograph the gearbox area.

Edit - I should have said it is a manual gearbox.

That's a Westwood Gazelle, probably a W6. They were made in the late 80s. The Tecumseh will probably be the replacement for an original Briggs & Stratton engine. They come up on eBay fairly often as scrappers, but they're also sought after in the Lawnmower Racing world (how I've come across them) due to their light weight.

Gearbox should be a replacement part easy enough.

There are manuals on Westwood's website for all the mowers they've ever made, so you should be able to find one for it.

Anywho,

Does anyone know of a Mk1 VW Caddy diesel or Mk1 Golf diesel being broken?

I need a set of Mk1 diesel dash clocks, but they're hard to find. There's a few on eBay but they're all imported and near £80, which seems a bit scene-taxed to me.

Sixcyl, I have just popped into the mower place and I couldn't find any of our previous correspondence but the people were most useful . Is yours a 4 or 5 forward gear and 1 reverse. Good news , bad news ..... if you have a bad habit of changing gear whilst moving you could of stripped the top cog because of no synchromesh . Apparently readily available, 8 bolts off the top of the box , easy to see . If that looks OK it could be selector arms things , not so cheap .

New gearbox still available.....

£418

That's a Westwood Gazelle, probably a W6. They were made in the late 80s. The Tecumseh will probably be the replacement for an original Briggs & Stratton engine. They come up on eBay fairly often as scrappers, but they're also sought after in the Lawnmower Racing world (how I've come across them) due to their light weight.

Gearbox should be a replacement part easy enough.

There are manuals on Westwood's website for all the mowers they've ever made, so you should be able to find one for it.

I have tried the Westwood site and all the models even back to 1984 look newer with more details bonnets, ignition keys etc. Mine is very plain so may a cheap model for a non Weston market?

1984 is the oldest on the site, did Westwood make ride on mowers before that?

Sixcyl, I have just popped into the mower place and I couldn't find any of our previous correspondence but the people were most useful . Is yours a 4 or 5 forward gear and 1 reverse. Good news , bad news ..... if you have a bad habit of changing gear whilst moving you could of stripped the top cog because of no synchromesh . Apparently readily available, 8 bolts off the top of the box , easy to see . If that looks OK it could be selector arms things , not so cheap .

New gearbox still available.....

£418

Thanks for looking, I am still struggling to work out what model it is.

I can't remember if it is 4 or 5 speed and no marking on the selector. A new gearbox is out of the question, if I can work out what machines have the same gearbox then maybe I can buy a spares machine.

As stated the top of the gearbox off , have a look , say what you see , if it's the top cog , which if worn will be nearly toothless , bish bosh try a new cog , if not buy blind eBay special , take a chance . A mower shite gamble !!

My local dealer said he has a scabby ride on coming in soon, £600ish !!!

I could paint it, but it would mean buying a can of satin Black andnpainting it etc... its just easier to find one.

They do indeed break easily, because they are a single piece and the clips that hold them on break they do go missing like mine did.

Did you find the gear gaitor and gear stick?

I have a gearknob here. I couldn't find a gaiter that wasn't in tatters. I'll be going to scrappy next door which is a bit more classy, and might accidentally drop one into my pants lolol

Anyone have an alternator in the midlands for a peugeot 206 2.0 hdi on a 2002 plate. apparently there are a few different types, and as my shitter luck would have it, i have got the wrong one off fleabay.  :?

The garage at the bottom of my road has a few breakers,  one is a w reg 306 diesel that the former owner described as 'fast'.  If it's an XUD I might want the sump,  if it is an HDI then it might have the right alternator.

Clee Hill so technically the midlands.

BMW Vivaro alloy wheels and tyres.

16 inch OEM BMW wheels with correct original centre caps, shod in 2x Dunlop and 2x Contisport 205/55/16 tyres.

5x120 P.C.D. Offset is OEM BMW 35>45. C.B is 72.6.

2 tyres are borderline, 2 well enough. Pics of individual wheels available on request. £70

post-5435-0-47113100-1486816485_thumb.jpg

I could paint it, but it would mean buying a can of satin Black andnpainting it etc... its just easier to find one.

They do indeed break easily, because they are a single piece and the clips that hold them on break they do go missing like mine did.

Did you find the gear gaitor and gear stick?

You wanna untorn gaiter, a gearknob and undamaged window trims?!?

post-3738-0-04602800-1486820996_thumb.jpg

Gaiter is leather. Unfortunately The fella saw me spending 1/2 an hour removing everything so had to pay for it :(

Lovely over-engineered Saab warning triangle -£5

attachicon.gifIMG_4247.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4248.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4249.JPG

Storage boxes - used these in my garage for safe storage of eBay items.

I've eBayed everything and they're in the way. They are extremely sturdy and are quite big.

Domo for size reference

£20 for all five?

attachicon.gifIMG_4192.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4193.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4194.JPG

This flipping thing:

attachicon.gifIMG_4400.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4401.JPG

It's a Pig spill kit. It's full of absorbent pillows used for soaking up oil spills etc and used in rally events and horrible road accidents.

The round shape of the container means I'm constanly moving it round my garage along with those blue storage containers I have.

MEGA H&S BARG at £10, I'm in the Wirral, work in Chester

IN B4 THE BIN

Really have to take these to the tip this week in case any one wants them asap? The two are taking large amounts of space up in the garage.Not posting or delivering sorry.