1986 Nissan Bluebird For Sale - Now on Ebay

Negative Creep

As we all know, everyone has had so much success selling their old cars lately I fully expect this to be sold within minutes. There's no way this topic will get zero replies, no siree Bob.

Year: 1986

Mileage: 75500

Tax: 6 months

MOT: 6 Months

For sale is my trusty Bluebird. The previous owner was a 93 year old who used to have it driven to the MOT centre and back, then parked up for a year. I checked the electronic MOTs online when I bought it and the car had done 75 miles in 5 years! It's the 2.0 SLX metallic paint, with power steering and possibly the comfiest seats of any car I've ever owned. It's also incredibly reliable and has never once let me down.

Brakes overhauled, new pads and shoes, timing belt done, cooling flushed and did an oil and filter changed recently. Has a Lada Riva rear spoiler, upgraded speakers all round, cd player (I still have the original radio if you want it) stainless backbox since the old one rotted out, but it's barely any louder than standard. Loads of tread left on the tyres, and whilst the wheels won't be to everyone's taste, I still have the original steels and hubcaps. Only bad points is a bit of rust on the driver's door and faded bumpers, which is purely cosmetic and to be expected of a car this age.

IMAG1307.jpg

IMAG1288.jpg

IMAG1291.jpg

IMAG1300.jpg

IMAG1298.jpg

IMAG1296.jpg

IMAG1287.jpg

IMAG1309.jpg

It's a genuinely great car, but I'm just bored of it and want to move on. I'm also open to swaps, pretty much anything that isn't a project considered. I'll be at the Gathering over the weekend if you want a look.

£550 Shiters discount

It always puzzled me on those bluebirds, why the plugs are at the back of the engine, rather than on the front, given there are the blanked off recesses for them.

Cool car, GLWTS!

I used to wonder that about the plugs location, maybe it was a last minute design change when the plug leads were found to be melting, or possibly a plan for a twin spark version.

Anyway, on subject, I offer a Frod Exploder as a swap for your Nissan with the steels reinstated, not fussed about the dildo.

I used to wonder that about the plugs location, maybe it was a last minute design change when the plug leads were found to be melting, or possibly a plan for a twin spark version.

Anyway, on subject, I offer a Frod Exploder as a swap for your Nissan with the steels reinstated, not fussed about the dildo.

Although the idea of re-enacting Jurassic Park and 5mph roll over accidents does intrigue me, that would be too thirsty for me I'm afraid.

What a bastard! At least it isn't terminal Al! What are you looking for next?

I'd consider pretty much anything, although can't afford to spend any more money since I want to concentrate on the Yugo. Are you going to RRG? I do admit to being tempted by the Xantia

Sadly not, with all the garage work going on at the moment (this weekend is signed over entirely to digging a BFO trench for the power to be laid on...)

The xantia is a lovely motor, but I'd quite enjoy something else for the back end of the summer/autumn as once winter comes, I'll be dusting off the Delica instead :D

• 2 weeks later...

Could argue that it's a little pricey, but it's not exactly Ebay Bargains fodder is it? Having taken a shine to my own Bluebird and as I'm really enjoying having a car where things just work, I can't understand why no-one is interested. It's Grade A Autoshite - a superb car unfairly ignored by the masses and one that should easily be able to command the asking price.

There is not much movement of cars on here at the mo. As has been said on other for sale threads, cars that would have been snapped up straight away 2 years ago are hanging around for ages. My DAF was a prime example, took months to sell that with 6 monts tax and full MOT when there were people all over it when I bought it from Scooters.

The same was with the Audi. I was selling it for a fair bit cheaper than when I bought it from Tim just a year later but was lucky the Volksy happened to borrow it and decide that it was 2 kool for skool and had it, which was nice. This weekend I shall be repairing all the bits that have gone wrong on it in the 2 weeks he has had it........glad I sold it to him and not someone else who could slag me off for selling a piece of shit, he knows it was working fine when I gave it to him it just happened to fall to bits in the last few days.

Bosh it on car and classic and OJC (if you have not done so already) etc but for what is still a relatively unloved Jap classic it might take a while to sell in this market. I would get rid of the shower curtain hoop, take some photos of it on its original wheels too and then try (but still have some with the alloys on, they may appeal to buyers too).

This weekend I shall be repairing all the bits that have gone wrong on it in the 2 weeks he has had it........glad I sold it to him and not someone else who could slag me off for selling a piece of shit, he knows it was working fine when I gave it to him it just happened to fall to bits in the last few days.

WHERE'S MY SALE OF GOODS ACT!!

This Bluebird is cool, may be interested in swapsies for my minicabrolla as advertised elsewhere, but be warned, it's 1600cc and unbeleivably expensive to tax apparently. :wink:

Truly worthy cars. I had the 1.8 SLX auto version. Comfy as a comfy thing. The back seats were fab, they used to adjust all kinds of ways which was quite novel at the time. Then the auto box started to slip and into the auction it went. Still miss it.

Sorry that that wasn't an offer to buy it, but any kind of positive endorsement has to be a bonus.

Ken

... The back seats were fab, they used to adjust all kinds of ways which was quite novel at the time. ...

Ken

Tell us how you know that. NB: Pictures,please. No, cancel that; video.

This weekend I shall be repairing all the bits that have gone wrong on it in the 2 weeks he has had it........glad I sold it to him and not someone else who could slag me off for selling a piece of shit, he knows it was working fine when I gave it to him it just happened to fall to bits in the last few days.

This Bluebird is cool, may be interested in swapsies for my minicabrolla as advertised elsewhere, but be warned, it's 1600cc and unbeleivably expensive to tax apparently. :wink:

Since this is a 2.0 it would be the OMG MEGA HIGH TAX I FEEL UR PAIN BRUTHA bracket. Could possibly be interest in a swap but a bit of a distance?

Since this is a 2.0 it would be the OMG MEGA HIGH TAX I FEEL UR PAIN BRUTHA bracket. Could possibly be interest in a swap but a bit of a distance?

MV5BMTQxMTA3OTg3OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTk0MzUyMQ@@._V1._SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

I have never seen this film but I am called Scotty and there is a bit in it I don't know about, which people keep pointing out to me, explaining that they are not going to tell me. :?

It doesn't strike me as expensive as its a tidy enough looking motor;if it only lasted 6 months,you could afford to weigh it in,and have had the use of it for less than rent-a -wreck type rates.

Its of the age where its in no mans land - not old enough or new enough ! But it wont be many years away before you start seeing a 1500 asking price

Same rate as the 1.6L Corolla :wink:

It doesn't strike me as expensive as its a tidy enough looking motor;if it only lasted 6 months,you could afford to weigh it in,and have had the use of it for less than rent-a -wreck type rates.

Its of the age where its in no mans land - not old enough or new enough ! But it wont be many years away before you start seeing a 1500 asking price

To be honest I doubt they will ever be worth mega money, and they're front wheel drive so won't attract scene tax. It is falling into the "haven't seen one of those in a while" category, but that doesn't automatically mean it's worth money. Shame because it's a genuinely great car that will last many years to come, not some old wreck I'm trying to ditch as I know it will fail the MOT