Rare Beemer?

Rocket88

Just acquired a 2 owner, 65,000 mile 1990 E30 318 si, with full M pack [leather etc etc] No rust, but needs service, exhaust, and wheel bearing. I've heard vicous rumours that the GR8 4 DRFTING lot lust after these, is this the case, and if so, how many of your earth pounds should I ask for it? It is Jersey registered.

Right, here's my advice.... do the service, do the wheelbearing, do the exhaust....If it is genuinely rust-free, has a service history and low miles it could make anything up to £2500 on the mainland as these are pretty desirable, plus if it is fully-specced that makes it all the betterer. Has it got an LSD? (Only one way to find out! :wink::wink::wink: ) That will make a big difference. Alternatively, keep it, they are bonkers fun - rev like crazy, point-&-squirt handling. Wish I'd never sold mine now....

It's got all the fruit, lsd, rear discs power aiming, elec windows, elec s/roof etc etc. It's like two different cars, off cam and on cam! Mind you, when you're going for it, it does feel that it would all end in tears very quickly if you lost it. I dread to think what it's like in the wet........

I'd value that at somewhere between £1500 and £2500 depending on condtion. The lads at www.e30zone.net are more likely to give you a spot on valuation.Is the scuttle rusty? If so, that knocks value significantly.Heh, I paid £270 for my 325i Touring with leather, AC, BBS, LSD etc..

It's history is fairly unusual, in that it was bought new by an elderley gent, who chopped in a Dolly Sprint against it [ I can see the similarities] when he died, it was passed to his daughter, but she got a hip problem, and needed an auto. She's had it stored for a couple of years, hoping to pass it to her son, but he's not interested, so I acquired it.

He's got a Saxo...need I say more!. All work now being done, ALL fluids/filters and plugs, wheel bearing, exhaust, new front discs and pads. When done will be up for £1850..............Scuttle [in fact all bodywork] is rock solid, not a sign of wag anywhere, although there are a few scratches here and there, but a good buff would bring it up really well.