Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Parking Thread

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   messerschmitt owner

messerschmitt owner

• Full Members
  • 3,654 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe Forest

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:36 AM

Time to update!

I saw this quality parking yesterday!

Posted Image
IMG_0929 by messerschmitt owner, on Flickr

Taken on Gloucester's Eastgate Street, this is also a double yellow.

I guess because the rozzers use BMWs this man thought it OK to park there.

Mercedes E320 cdi Avantgarde estate

Peugeot 306 Cabriolet
smart roadster
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond Minicar
Fiat 126 bis - on the road again!
Peugeot Vivacity

Umm Alter II

Ford Transit T140 350 crew van

#62 OFFLINE   Des

Des

• Full Members
  • 1,898 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationWatford

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

^^ In fairness that bay is blank, 'police' is marked on the road, so the whole street is reserved for da fedz apart from the bay. If the lady was just dropping off her old knicks at the charity shop then there's nothing wrong with her parking.
However I find her choice of car contemptable.
Festering scum of the earth, yer motoring public.

#63 OFFLINE   messerschmitt owner

messerschmitt owner

• Full Members
  • 3,654 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe Forest

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:58 AM

^^ In fairness that bay is blank, 'police' is marked on the road, so the whole street is reserved for da fedz apart from the bay. If the lady was just dropping off her old knicks at the charity shop then there's nothing wrong with her parking.
However I find her choice of car contemptable.

that's a man! lol

Peugeot 306 Cabriolet
smart roadster
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond Minicar
Peugeot Vivacity

Umm Alter II

#64 OFFLINE   Ross_K

Ross_K

• Full Members
  • 1,584 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIreland

Posted 13 August 2012 - 08:59 AM

Maybe the two pork-based gentlemen were the ones driving the Beemer. On an undercover sting operation like...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#65 OFFLINE   Tayne

Tayne

• Full Members
  • 11,263 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe Granite City of Aberdeen

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:15 AM

I don't understand.
Do the police have their own parking bay outside the Sally army?
Tous les Vauxhalls sont des merdes

#66 OFFLINE   messerschmitt owner

messerschmitt owner

• Full Members
  • 3,654 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe Forest

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:25 AM

I don't understand.
Do the police have their own parking bay outside the Sally army?

on the other side is a big nightclub - there's often a riot van parked there at weekends.

Peugeot 306 Cabriolet
smart roadster
Messerschmitt Kr200
Bond Minicar
Peugeot Vivacity

Umm Alter II

#67 OFFLINE   Gompo

Gompo

• Full Members
  • 1,408 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationRetford, North Notts.

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Seen previously in my spotted thread:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#68 OFFLINE   willswitchengage

willswitchengage

• Full Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

Couldn't get air at Tesco/Esso earlier as yes that's right, somebody was using the space to do their shopping.

254614.png

#69 OFFLINE   John F

John F

• Full Members
  • 5,121 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationLugbúrz

Posted 18 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Couldn't get air at Tesco/Esso earlier as yes that's right, somebody was using the space to do their shopping.

You should have removed the valves from their tyres and stuck them to the driver's door handle with dogshit. Bet they wouldn't park there again.

Never knowingly under-ambitious

'97 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi

'94 Vauxhall Calibra V6
'91 Maserati 222 SE

'88 Volkswagen LT35 camper
'86 Honda CBX 750F
'82 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana

#70 OFFLINE   Micrashed

Micrashed

BLACKBELT in Ecky Thump

• Full Members
  • 3,085 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNo one would have believed that the AutoShite human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Posted Image
What is it about 4x4 drivers that renders them incapable of parking properly?

10381407796_4e15200b8f_s.jpg  9669103737_d70fe872a4_s.jpg     

#71 OFFLINE   HillmanImp

HillmanImp

• Full Members
  • 6,573 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationBratfurd innit

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

I spotted this yesterday outside the CO-OP in Leeds.

Posted Image

What a wonderful example to be setting young drivers.
1965 Singer Chamois
1972 Triumph GT6
1987 Citroen Visa 10e
1989 Toyota MR2
1998 Jaguar XJ8 Sport

#72 OFFLINE   Cheggers

Cheggers

• Full Members
  • 3,010 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationPortsmouth, the posh part

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:15 PM

The classiest piece of disabled parking I've so far seen was on a Sunday afternoon a few years ago. You could hear the car before you saw it, it was a high-powered job. As it came around the corner, it was a red, modern Ferrari, probably an F360. It pulled up in the empty car park in the disabled space nearest the shop, the engine was cut, and the youngish, slim, fit male driver disembarked from the car, wearing trousers and t-shirt.

Then he locked the car with the keys in his right hand and turned around, the left sleeve of his t-shirt flapping emptily in the breeze...

Fair enough, I though.

yes being deficiant in the arm department means you can't walk far, so have to use one of the limited number of disabled spots :roll:

bad parking really pishes me off. If their parking is that bad, just think what their driving must be like.

Yes, yes , yes...I know this has been dragged up from over a month ago, but doesn't having one arm kinda impair your ability to lug your shopping to the far end of the car park?? - If I only had the one arm I'd consider myself somewhat disabled :wink:
I had my photo taken with REM. That's me in the corner...

#73 OFFLINE   Ross_K

Ross_K

• Full Members
  • 1,584 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIreland

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

Who goes grocery shopping in a Ferrari?

He was probably heading to the newsagent for a Razzle or Knave.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#74 OFFLINE   Pete-M

Pete-M

ALL VXLs ARE SHIT.

• Full Members
  • 8,640 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe Glorious Peoples Republic of Liverpool.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:26 PM

About 80% of the pictures posted in this thread don't even slightly irk me.

Whoever the absolute cunt is who's got http://www.youparklikeacunt.com boils my piss though. Loads of photos of car parked slightly badly with "This cunt is a cunt because he's a cunt who parks like a cunt and drives an Audi because cunts drive Audis and are inconsiderate cunts" etc etc etc.

It's the whole "Drives a and therefore is " mindset that gets me. Who's so bitter as to think that because someone drives a car made by BMW / Audi / Mercedes / Spagthorpe that they can therefore judge everybody who owns a similar kind of car as being a certain type of person? I just don't get it. Not one little bit. Really cannot comprehend that way of thinking.

Anyway. Rant over. Why can't people just go "Spagthorpe Bologna MkXXVIIb? Interesting choice, handmade in Tibet by Gerbils on amphetamines" instead of "Spagthorpe... expensive... owner is a cunt".

Oh, and before anyone says "Vauxhall", I don't take the piss out of the owners, just the cars...

214837.png 180526.png

Never knowingly inoffensive.

#75 OFFLINE   trigger

trigger

• Full Members
  • 19,839 posts
  • 6 thanks
  • LocationIpswich

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

I agree Pete, I used to have have a Audi, does that make me a cunt? Oh hang on...

1971 Rover 2000 SC P6 with a 2200 SC fitted.
1979 Triumph Dolomite 1500 SE

1999 Rover 620ti
2004 Ford Fiesta 1.4 TDCi Zetec

#76 OFFLINE   TimothyClaypole

TimothyClaypole

• Full Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

If I'm not somewhere with a big parking area where I can park at the back out of the way then I park over two spaces on purpose all the time.

Otherwise some slack jawed faggot will park in the way and I'll not be able to get out.

Posted Image

Throw on my scruffy hi vis coat and no one says anything. :mrgreen:

#77 OFFLINE   HillmanImp

HillmanImp

• Full Members
  • 6,573 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationBratfurd innit

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

I agree Pete, I used to have have a Audi, does that make me a cunt? Oh hang on...

The fact that you used to have an Audi means you used to be a cunt. With the Cortina you are now a high flying executive salesman at Ronco, which sadly also makes you a cunt.

A few weeks ago I was a double cunt but am now a normal cunt as Volksy has taken half of my cuntyness when he took the 100. Whilst he is still a taxi driver as long as he has the Corolla, he is a right cunt of a taxi driver that will take you the wrong way and then charge you more than the going rate after dropping you off at the wrong destination.
1965 Singer Chamois
1972 Triumph GT6
1987 Citroen Visa 10e
1989 Toyota MR2
1998 Jaguar XJ8 Sport

#78 ONLINE   Lacquer Peel

Lacquer Peel

• Full Members
  • 7,447 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

The worst drivers have quite new cars with Arnold Clark stickers on the back. You can guarantee they'll either get in your way or overtake 2 lorries slowly in 6th gear towards a blind summit, then get in the way of the lorries.

#79 OFFLINE   Tayne

Tayne

• Full Members
  • 11,263 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe Granite City of Aberdeen

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

Another annoying generalisation.

There 23 examples of bad parking shown on this thread, only 3 of them are 4x4s!
Tous les Vauxhalls sont des merdes

#80 OFFLINE   Micrashed

Micrashed

BLACKBELT in Ecky Thump

• Full Members
  • 3,085 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNo one would have believed that the AutoShite human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

Another annoying generalisation.

:mrgreen:
Fair enough, but I see enough 4x4 drivers badly parked to generalise that a lot of them either are incredibly shit at parking something that big, or dont want anyone parked next to them for fear of getting a parking dint in their precious £40K tank.

#81 OFFLINE   Morgan84

Morgan84

• Full Members
  • 1,270 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNorwich

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:26 PM

Its alarming when you see a badly parked Smart !

Some of the fleet
1992 Ford Sierra Ghia Auto Est
1995 Mercedes S500 L
1979 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta Coupe (11000 miles)
1976 Vauxhall Cavalier
1977 Reliant Scimitar
1968 Daimler V8 250
1968 Riley Elf
2004 Volvo V70 D5 AWD SE
1992 Mercedes 230 CE

#82 OFFLINE   Vanny

Vanny

Rank Morris Ital

• Full Members
  • 61 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:32 PM

My record is 12 bays with a Transit, and 12ft trailer. Lazy, yes, stuck, no. Might add this was in the car park at Queensferry ASDA which has enough spaces for the entire population of North Wales. No picture though :(

Also, Ted, buy a 4x4 and tell me it isnt a PITA when you have the turning circle of of the ark royal and some goite in a fiesta parks so close they have to bend there mirrors in! Seems to be an every day thing at the moment, and how i haven't hit car/bollard/wall yet i dont know, but its coming!
Posted Image
Collector and destroyer of Citroen BX's

#83 OFFLINE   Pete-M

Pete-M

ALL VXLs ARE SHIT.

• Full Members
  • 8,640 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe Glorious Peoples Republic of Liverpool.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

I park my Subaru with utmost consideration thank you very much. :)

214837.png 180526.png

Never knowingly inoffensive.

#84 OFFLINE   M'coli

M'coli

• Full Members
  • 6,982 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationSemper semi somnus

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:55 PM

"This cunt is a cunt because he's a cunt who parks like a cunt and drives an Audi because cunts drive Audis and are inconsiderate cunts" etc etc etc.

I'll defend this statement, because I have seen it happen. A month or so ago I returned from walking around a fairly local reservoir with the dog on a Saturday evening and popped into the Sainsbury's Local to get some beer. This shop is opposite a primary school and so there are zig-zags etc. around the area - check it out - but there was a sparkly white Audi A3 parked across the "Keep Clear", and in the car park beyond was a Polis video van.

I thought of chivvying the polis about the A3, because I'm a cunt like that, but didn't because ICBA. As it turns out, I didn't need to: the fuzz were waiting for the owner to reappear, and was being ticketed as I left the shop. What got me was the way he was shaking his head as if to say to himself, "I can't believe that they're booking me for this, don't they realise that it doesn't apply to me because I think my shit doesn't stink", but according to the other plod in the van it is like shooting fish in a barrel at that time of night; the car park is fairly free but people can't be arsed to walk the length of themselves.

Shame the rozzers weren't parked there at school chucking-out time the other day...
  • gordonbennet and Chris2cv like this

"How would ya get a maaa-chine to do that?"

#85 OFFLINE   willswitchengage

willswitchengage

• Full Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 09 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Shame the rozzers weren't parked there at school chucking-out time the other day...

This popped up on the 'book being described as being outside a school:

Posted Image

254614.png

#86 OFFLINE   Morgan84

Morgan84

• Full Members
  • 1,270 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNorwich

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

Its a few seconds later when a tatty MK2 Transit beavertail towing a dead Iveco takes the corner tight,and carries on !

Now that would be a good photo

Some of the fleet
1992 Ford Sierra Ghia Auto Est
1995 Mercedes S500 L
1979 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta Coupe (11000 miles)
1976 Vauxhall Cavalier
1977 Reliant Scimitar
1968 Daimler V8 250
1968 Riley Elf
2004 Volvo V70 D5 AWD SE
1992 Mercedes 230 CE

#87 OFFLINE   CreepingJesus

CreepingJesus

Rank Bajin

• Full Members
  • 2,927 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationZargothrax' Temple

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:33 PM

Posted Image

This is one of many, committed by a slightly confused looking older bloke, who delivers parcels round our way. I watched him do this, and it was almost Python-esque in a way. He drove in the street carefully, lined it up, and just stuck it on the pavement, with the arse hanging out at 45 deg.
He parked in front of me yesterday, again all carefully lined up, but...this time he was 3" off my front bumper (in an empty street) and 3' out from the pavement. Which necessitated reversing 20 yards down the street to get it straight enough to get past him.
I've been tempted to do what an acquaintance of mine 'accidentally' did, and took most of the side off a split-new Merc, with the back bumper of a truck. The owner of the Merc used to park it in the loading bay behind his shop, and had been warned several times by the police. When matey restyled it for him, the police were called, took one look and said 'Tough. You were warned.' and went on their way... :lol:

...as the actress said to the bishop.

Truck magazine scans!

Some short stories of mine...

#88 OFFLINE   ashmicro

ashmicro

• Full Members
  • 3,836 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIn the shed, with your sister.

Posted 13 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

All this reminds me of my early days working in central Belfast, early 1990s. There's a small newsagent almost directly opposite the High Court, and as such the whole area was a "Control Zone". That means no parking. At any time. Ever. The building I worked in was about 50 yards from the Court. Anyway, the oul bat that owned the newsagent would routinely park her 7 Series outside her shop, and we'd be evacuated while the Army Technical officers "wired the car up" and sent in "Artoo The Wheelbarrow" (the tracked robot with the shotgun and video camera).

Like this:

Posted Image

Twice in about 10 weeks, the inconsiderate old tart came back to the cordon just in time, and the Army were called off.

The third time she did it, again she came back in the nick of time, and ATO got the call on his radio to abort. DID HE FUCK ABORT. The Wheelbarow blew the arse clean off the Beemer, and all of my colleagues and I cheered from the other side of the cordon. In those days, if you parked in a CZ and the Army wrecked your car, you got jack shit compo, and many owners were fined for causing a security alert.
I am the Pope.

#89 OFFLINE   Micrashed

Micrashed

BLACKBELT in Ecky Thump

• Full Members
  • 3,085 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:36 AM

In those days, if you parked in a CZ and the Army wrecked your car, you got jack shit compo, and many owners were fined for causing a security alert.

One wonders just ow much peoples parking attitudes would alter if our traffic wardens acted in this way - I do remember getting a sound bollocking for parking up round the back of HMS Inskip one dark rainy night when me and the missus got a bit amorous in the car..... Fortunately we were not blown up.

#90 OFFLINE   Albert Ross

Albert Ross

• Full Members
  • 4,474 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDoncaster

Posted 15 September 2012 - 10:35 PM

In those days, if you parked in a CZ and the Army wrecked your car, you got jack shit compo, and many owners were fined for causing a security alert.

One wonders just ow much peoples parking attitudes would alter if our traffic wardens acted in this way - I do remember getting a sound bollocking for parking up round the back of HMS Inskip one dark rainy night when me and the missus got a bit amorous in the car..... Fortunately we were not blown up.

I once got a bollocking for sleeping in a skip.................
Stormy Petrel on a stick!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users