Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The Parking Thread

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Micrashed

Micrashed

BLACKBELT in Ecky Thump

• Full Members
  • 3,085 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNo one would have believed that the AutoShite human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space.

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:57 PM

Im just going to leave these here....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now obviously if you cant get the parking right then really you really shouldn't be allowed out onto the road with a tonne or so of complex machinery.

10381407796_4e15200b8f_s.jpg  9669103737_d70fe872a4_s.jpg     

#2 OFFLINE   Ross_K

Ross_K

• Full Members
  • 1,584 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Oh fuck, don't get me started. I parked right up beside one of those "over the line" people last week in the work van. The cunt phoned my boss to complain that he couldn't get back in his car... :D :D He got told to GTF.

Here's a dick muncher I spotted taking up two disabled spaces. Sideways.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 OFFLINE   Station

Station

• Full Members
  • 9,792 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Ross_K

Ross_K

• Full Members
  • 1,584 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIreland

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

WTf is up with the spaz in the Audi? Is he/she doing it on purpose to make a statement?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Micrashed

Micrashed

BLACKBELT in Ecky Thump

• Full Members
  • 3,085 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNo one would have believed that the AutoShite human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space.

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

http://i.imgur.com/GszNp.jpg...

:lol::lol::lol:
Special Needs Parking!

Sorry, I shouldnt poke fun like that but its so funny

10381407796_4e15200b8f_s.jpg  9669103737_d70fe872a4_s.jpg     

#6 OFFLINE   mk1_4dr

mk1_4dr

• Full Members
  • 1,208 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationM1/M62 interchange

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:25 AM

The Audi and GSi are parked sarcastically.

The Crown Vic driver is obviously a twat.
'74 EscRot.
'96 940 2.3s

#7 OFFLINE   Shep Shepherd

Shep Shepherd

DOGGAGE!

• Full Members
  • 3,362 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 July 2012 - 09:57 AM

https://p.twimg.com/...8NI0.jpg:medium

The crone who was driving the car was aware that I was watching her attempt to park (and shaking my head in disbelief), yet she carried on :roll:

Cars come and cars go, but The Volvo abides.

The Volvo - 1990 Volvo 740 SE 2.0 Dogmatic estate.

The Aero - 2000 Saab 9-5 Aero 2.3 HOT manual estate.

#8 ONLINE   quicksilver

quicksilver

Rank Austin Maxi

• Full Members
  • 1,296 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • Locationthe universe of infinite turtles

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Special Needs Parking!

Sorry, I shouldnt poke fun like that but its so funny

At least he's found the right area to park in :lol: Can't find a pic but it reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer parks across three disabled spaces outside the Kwik-e-Mart and gets arrested by Marge when she's a cop.

Always look on the Shite side of life

1999 Vauxhall Zafira - shit or shite?

1978 Austin Maxi - proper shite or proper classic?

Rusty Old Rubbish - a shite blog about shite and stuff

#9 OFFLINE   myglaren

myglaren

• Full Members
  • 2,048 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationWashington

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

A parallel of YPLAC :)

Sent from beyond the grave using the Force.

#10 ONLINE   eddyramrod

eddyramrod

The Crimson Avenger

• Full Members
  • 10,213 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationTiny terraced hutch in a cramped street

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

If I was Home Secretary I'd be handing out 24-month bans and compulsory retraining to almost every "driver" involved in the pics above. Those are almost as bad as Cypriot parking! :shock:

Mind, the architects who design car parks are not exactly innocent, they are still using spaces designed around the 1972 Fiat 127. I think the only cars you can buy nowadays that are as small as that, are radio-contolled models!

The Blob: 2007 Chevrolet Tacuma (wheelchair bus)

Hyacinth: 1989 Rover 213SE

Huggy Bear: 1973 Cadillac Coupe de Ville

Mr ramrod is the nicest person in the world  (Chompy_snake, 2015)

Eddy is the finest fellow you will ever meet,  FACT (Djimbob, 2017)

#11 OFFLINE   MikeKnight

MikeKnight

• Full Members
  • 435 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationTeesside

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:04 PM

Straddling two spots saves on getting dings I suppose! :lol:

#12 ONLINE   eddyramrod

eddyramrod

The Crimson Avenger

• Full Members
  • 10,213 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • LocationTiny terraced hutch in a cramped street

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

To be fair, I used to do it when I had my Cadillacs, but always at the furthest corner of the car park so I didn't inconvenience anybody. And I'd take two each way, ie park on the cross. Does that make me guilty? Or is my choice of spot mitigation enough?

The Blob: 2007 Chevrolet Tacuma (wheelchair bus)

Hyacinth: 1989 Rover 213SE

Huggy Bear: 1973 Cadillac Coupe de Ville

Mr ramrod is the nicest person in the world  (Chompy_snake, 2015)

Eddy is the finest fellow you will ever meet,  FACT (Djimbob, 2017)

#13 ONLINE   Lacquer Peel

Lacquer Peel

• Full Members
  • 7,451 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

There's been a couple of photos in the letters page of the local newspaper the last couple of weeks showing the same police Mitsubishi Outlander parking in two separate disabled parking spaces. :D

#14 OFFLINE   Ross_K

Ross_K

• Full Members
  • 1,584 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIreland

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:29 PM

To be fair, I used to do it when I had my Cadillacs, but always at the furthest corner of the car park so I didn't inconvenience anybody. And I'd take two each way, ie park on the cross. Does that make me guilty? Or is my choice of spot mitigation enough?

That's what I do if I dont want dings - park in the deserted part of the carpark rather than act the asshole.

It doesn't always work though. Last time I did it I came back to find some cock parked beside me and tore my fucking door trim off when he left. Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 OFFLINE   TagoraSX

TagoraSX

• Full Members
  • 1,685 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationLocation, Location

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

I try to avoid supermarket car parks, when I have to I'm there at stupid o'clock when its deserted. If I'm driving something nice I will use two spots but in a deserted area.

#16 ONLINE   Timewaster

Timewaster

Yeah, yeah.. I'll do it in a minute....

• Full Members
  • 4,014 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe sticks

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

Our tiny work carpark has 1 space in the corner which is a bit awkward to get into. Every morning the same cock parks half in and half out and ballses up the entire row.
Someone will park properly a few spaces away and you end up with 2/3rds of a space in the middle.
EVERY DAY!

He has been told a hundred times and still does it. Other than the hopeless parking, he is a nice bloke.

Oh, did I mention he is our lorry driver?!
Pete M wrote:
Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ, I can't believe I'm sad enough as to post on the interweb

Des wrote:
the fine art that is welding, like trying to shovel butter into a badgers arse with a soldering iron.

#17 OFFLINE   Conrad D. Conelrad

Conrad D. Conelrad

• Full Members
  • 5,997 posts
  • 1 thanks
  • Locationgtr mcr

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

The other day I was chillin' in a crowded retail park and watched some distinctly non disabled chap in a big van drive through two empty spaces so he could park in the one remaining disabled bay outside the shop. By not parking in the spaces he drove through he saved himself about four paces of effort.

#18 OFFLINE   M'coli

M'coli

• Full Members
  • 6,987 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationSemper semi somnus

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:55 PM

The classiest piece of disabled parking I've so far seen was on a Sunday afternoon a few years ago. You could hear the car before you saw it, it was a high-powered job. As it came around the corner, it was a red, modern Ferrari, probably an F360. It pulled up in the empty car park in the disabled space nearest the shop, the engine was cut, and the youngish, slim, fit male driver disembarked from the car, wearing trousers and t-shirt.

Then he locked the car with the keys in his right hand and turned around, the left sleeve of his t-shirt flapping emptily in the breeze...

Fair enough, I though.

"How would ya get a maaa-chine to do that?"

#19 OFFLINE   worldofceri

worldofceri

Weak Lemon Drink

• Full Members
  • 2,213 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationCoventry

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

About a year ago I pulled up outside One Stop in Beaconsfield to make a delivery. I was driving a 13 tonner and had just waited a few moments for a car to pull away so's I could park right outside. I noticed a guy in a Nissan Juke coming the other way waving his arms around but thought nothing of it.

Anyway, he parked right behind me and jumps out, yelling something like, "don't I know what indicators are for?". I politely ask if he'd mind telling me what he's on about. Well, apparently, I 'stole' his parking space. I say, "sorry mate but that's just hard luck; I was already waiting to pull forward when you were just a dot on the horizon". He stomps off swearing and banging on about indicators again.

The following day the Transport Manager pulls me in the office; there's a complaint been made about me. This knob muncher has only taken the trouble to ring the company to have a whinge (which would take some effort as although the lorry has the company name all over, there's no phone number). Well, according to him I parked in a disabled bay (untrue, it's a regular parking bay) which he needed to use so that he could get his wheelchair out. Well, I laughed out loud when I heard that. Not only did he turn his car around so that he didn't even get out against the kerb he was literally striding about the place as well as anyone can. He also claimed I was abusive to him! No I fucking wasn't; I just asked the twat if he could explain what he was shouting and swearing about.

Luckily my TM is sound and accepted my explanation that "the bloke's a fucking raving nutter and a liar" and that was that. I had noticed that he did have a disabled blue badge in his window though. I wonder whether it's legit. If anyone knows of a Nissan Juke driver in South Bucks who uses a blue badge fraudulently don't be afraid to grass the wanker up because he's obviously not averse to trying to get someone else in the shit.

135264.png  326114.png  343001.png  429812.png

* 1972 VW Beetle 1200 * 2000 VW Golf 1.6 * 1988 Saab 900 turbo * 2003 ex-Bo11ox Gooner *

#20 OFFLINE   autofive

autofive

fire and rescue

• Full Members
  • 3,592 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • Locationpissing in the wind, Durham

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:24 AM

The classiest piece of disabled parking I've so far seen was on a Sunday afternoon a few years ago. You could hear the car before you saw it, it was a high-powered job. As it came around the corner, it was a red, modern Ferrari, probably an F360. It pulled up in the empty car park in the disabled space nearest the shop, the engine was cut, and the youngish, slim, fit male driver disembarked from the car, wearing trousers and t-shirt.

Then he locked the car with the keys in his right hand and turned around, the left sleeve of his t-shirt flapping emptily in the breeze...

Fair enough, I though.

yes being deficiant in the arm department means you can't walk far, so have to use one of the limited number of disabled spots :roll:

bad parking really pishes me off. If their parking is that bad, just think what their driving must be like.

#21 OFFLINE   RedSparrow

RedSparrow

• Full Members
  • 4,559 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNorth Bohemia

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:42 AM

I have seen a fat midlife crisis drug dealer type parking diagonally across the 2 disabled spaces outside a Little Chef in his Hummer H2. Needless to say he didn't have a blue badge.
But it was ok because he was clearly more important than everyone else who visited that restaurant that day as his choice of car demonstrates.

SMALL PENIS.

Conrad Knight Socks

#22 ONLINE   Richard

Richard

• Full Members
  • 10,930 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:11 AM

Years ago I used to work in a student residence with a fairly large car park. One of the porters used to always park in the space closest to the main entrance. When the residence was told to provide a designated Disabled space they naturally chose the one the porter had been using, what with it being closest. The porter continued to park in it and, when challenged, said that there were no disabled people at the residence. A year or so later he ended up paralysed from the waist down and could use the space all he wanted. :shock:

#23 OFFLINE   ProgRocker

ProgRocker

Debt free

• Full Members
  • 1,948 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNorwich

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

Posted Image
Nice bit of parking! by ProgRocker77, on Flickr

Not quite evident in the photo but The Ka and the Audi are properly parked in a layby, the Micra driver really fouled up. I wonder if he/she ever got blocked in for good on that day as it was a Sunday with relaxed parked restrictions and fairly close to the City Centre?

Posted Image
Fiat Seicento by ProgRocker77, on Flickr

Not illegally parked but you would think that the driver could at least park one of the smallest cars on the road parallel to the kerb, wouldn't you? Also this 'lay by' is actually a slip road to a surface car park, so a bit vulnerable against rogue motorists entering the car park.

Posted Image
Not one but two badly parked cars (sheep mentality?). Close to an iffy bend too, making seeing what's coming round the bend much harder. :roll: Dippy fcukers!:evil:

Current shite: 2003 Nissan Almera SXE 2.2 dCi. (my dad thinks it's a sports car)

#24 OFFLINE   willswitchengage

willswitchengage

• Full Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Posted Image
19-10-07_1147 by willswitchengage, on Flickr

Taken in our village many years ago. Wtf? This is "parked"

EDIT - re tiny spaces, this car park is kaos these days

Posted Image
1985 Car Park by Mick Travis, on Flickr

the 80s cars fill it out quite well, imagine that now with the aircraft carriers that people drive these days, even reversing in in a Corsa it required about five manoeuvres

254614.png

#25 OFFLINE   ProgRocker

ProgRocker

Debt free

• Full Members
  • 1,948 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationNorwich

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:29 PM

Mind, the architects who design car parks are not exactly innocent, they are still using spaces designed around the 1972 Fiat 127. I think the only cars you can buy nowadays that are as small as that, are radio-contolled models!

Small parking spaces are very annoying. I live in a mundane late 1980s block of flats and I was convinced that the parking spaces belonging to each of the flats were designed around a narrow 1981 Metro. My neighbour in the next flat and ajacent parking space has a Focus, and with 2 medium sized cars side by side it is a bit of a struggle getting in and out. I'm not a big chap either. I can park slightly more over to the parking space other side while it is empty but if a car parks there on a regular basis then I am going to struggle. My neighbour Focus driver doesn't struggle, he's a thin as a rake - as is his girlfriend.

If this happens then I might have to park on the roadside, which I can do for free while I claim a small amount of Housing Benefit with a free parking permit. Shame not to use the parking space though while it's included in the rent.

The parking spaces at my workplace are nice and wide, however. Plenty of space to get in and out.

Current shite: 2003 Nissan Almera SXE 2.2 dCi. (my dad thinks it's a sports car)

#26 OFFLINE   garethj

garethj

• Full Members
  • 4,381 posts
  • 0 thanks

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:57 PM

The other day I was chillin' in a crowded retail park and watched some distinctly non disabled chap in a big van drive through two empty spaces so he could park in the one remaining disabled bay outside the shop. By not parking in the spaces he drove through he saved himself about four paces of effort.

This is true. If people could park inside the shop, I think they would. Of course they walk several hundred yards inside the shop, but that's nothing to do with anything :roll:

As for the size of cars and parking spaces, I've never had a problem parking the massive Tatra 613, Mrs_Garethj's new Jaguar S Type nor my old Land Rover 109 and that had no power steering and a turning circle of 40+ feet. Fair play I couldn't get into the spaces where someone else was parked on the line but there's always a space somewhere else.

Best car I had for parking was a Suzuki Whizzkid which was tiny, but a close second was the Volvo 740 estate. Surprisingly narrow, a tiny turning circle, you can see each corner and reacts well to a swift tug on the handbrake :D

There's no point getting worked up about twats parking; there's too many of them to worry about

#27 OFFLINE   HillmanImp

HillmanImp

• Full Members
  • 6,575 posts
  • 3 thanks
  • LocationBratfurd innit

Posted 02 August 2012 - 11:50 AM

I just witnessed this piece of epic parking:

Posted Image

Dumping your car at the door of the shop, blocking the entrance to the car park for anyone else who might want to shop there. :roll:
1965 Singer Chamois
1972 Triumph GT6
1987 Citroen Visa 10e
1989 Toyota MR2
1998 Jaguar XJ8 Sport

#28 OFFLINE   RobT

RobT

• Full Members
  • 2,581 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationSE London

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

What’s been annoying me recently is people parking opposite my garage so I can’t get the car out. The bin bays are opposite so they’re also blocking access to those. I waited for someone in a battered old Golf last week, but she was such a vague, doddery old girl I couldn’t get angry with her but instead told her she can also park on the road if all the allocated bays are full (some roads are permit only but ours isn’t). I’ve taken to putting a ‘Do not park opposite..’ sign up now which seems to have worked – makes me look a bit of a miserable git but DEAL WITH IT is what I say.

And since I’ve been shoe-horning the Renault 25 into my garage a few neighbours have decided to tell me how difficult they find using the garage is. I try and make them feel better by saying ‘well, modern cars are a lot wider than this old thing’ even though they are only driving a 59-plate Corsa. Mind you, it's probably not far off (modern cars are shit etc :wink: ).
1982 miniMetro 1.0 L
1992 Vauxhall Cavalier 2.0 CDi
1993 Renault Safrane soft cheese spec
1993 Vauxhall Astra GM dizzler
1997 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS

#29 OFFLINE   Jack_Harpers_Teeth

Jack_Harpers_Teeth

• Full Members
  • 424 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationIsle of Shite

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Just found this on facebook...so probably not real;

Posted Image
Autoshite - the Susan Boyle of old car forums.

#30 OFFLINE   Woody

Woody

• Full Members
  • 193 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationWaiting for the DMF to go bang...

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:13 PM

Just found this on facebook...so probably not real;

You're right:

http://www.snopes.co...es/bollards.asp

(can't copy text from site for some reason)
Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users