Renault 25 v6 turbos

25v6turbo

I,ve just been contacted by a member of club renault to say that he knows of only 3 roadworthy examples,this has more than halved in the last year as i knew of around 6 examples,and about 5 non roadworthy,now if this is true i know of all 3 cars,this has got me thinking how rare these Renaults are,as a later Renault goes this seems very rare???

Think our paths may have crossed via the 21 Turbo at some stage Mr 25 V6 Turbo?I have a DVLA search for end of play 2005 (only for Renault Turbo's) which clearly states there are 9 "roadworthy" examples, which means still taxed on the roads. Now 3 years on this may have come down a bit. This figure does not include the non taxed ones though so there maybe a few half decent ones still waiting to be put back on the road.Interesting point is that it states there are 24 2664cc 25 V6 Turbo's left on the road, is this a mistake as I thought they all had the same engine size as is in my GTA 2458cc. maybe just the V6 non turbo version?Either way and getting back to the point, yes very rare!! Although not as rare as the 18 Turbo, just 4 "roadworthy" examples back in 2005 now theres a cool Reno 8)

I tried recently to get an exact figure of roadworthy examples,sent the form to DVLA but got no where,they sent a letter back saying it wasn,t possible to do a trace,i know for a fact that 3 roadworthy examples have expired since 2005 as i,ve either seen parts advertised and asked the seller about the rest of the car(either became an MOT failure,or 2 expensive to run/repair)anone blew its headgasket,the owner gave up,and another blue one became to tatty,and was broken for its g/box,engine,so maybe my figures are about right??,is there any way you can get a more up to date printout from swansea??

well no names mentioned please but this ones on sorn destined to be broken but is hiding with at least 70 others wedged in tight so will still be around for a little while :)

have broken 7 v6 turbos in last 3 yrs :( so guess there cant be many left

ps both v6 safranes got crushed have kept a few bits though ,white one in pic is diesel

Posted Image

Hi,my V6 turbo is still around. But I have not driven it for the last two years... I will add pics as soon as it goes back on the road (in August)There are about 40 left on German roads. But those that come up for sale are usually in bad condition. I friend of mine just bought one for 700 Euros (head gasket blown, dents + dull paint).Those 2664cc versions are the R25 V6 with the Renault 30 144HP k-tronik engines. The later evenfire V6 is much nicer:So someone please buy this V6 Baccara. Must be the only MANUAL one in the UK! Hope it does not get broken for its gearboxhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1990-RENAULT-25-B ... .m14.l1318Daniel

Oh, Mr Reno, why's that phas1 V6 turbo gonna be broken- too far gone to fix? And, as for the V6i on e-bay, the temptation is strong- Mrs 55 bloke will strap my arms to my side!! :lol: Sounds like it'd be expensive to get MoTd though, so will pretend not to have seen it.

ive got fond memories of hitching from Koln to Stuttgart with the manager of the Leningrad Cowboys in one of these..averaging 240-260 kph..one cowboy boot on the gas..the other on the dach..fastest french pony ride i ever had..

Posted Image

New Zealand example...sounds good but close to 3800 sterling..!

Oh, Mr Reno, why's that phas1 V6 turbo gonna be broken- too far gone to fix?

oh dear im in trouble again :shock: i do love old cars specially renaults been working exclusivly on them since 1974 and hate scrapping anything (dont forget i have got 2 V6 25s )since cars have become difficult to repair (were renaults ever easy ?)my workload has dropped because people in general are not fixing older cars ,demand for 2nd hand bits has all but dissapeared hence i am now working on a regular basis for an anonymouse friend of mine (P.G.)(he owns a barn full of 70+ old renaults including Alpines and Gordinis that left Nigel Bickle speechless)the v6 turbo is his and he has got a market for manual gearboxes so i will be breakling it at some point for him no idea whats actually wrong with it and doubt he will remember either :) think its been there 8 years +the plan is to keep it whole , at least until my limo is back on the road !!

(he owns a barn full of 70+ old renaults including Alpines and Gordinis that left Nigel Bickle speechless)

Does he know about this site? Why not get him to sign up? :)
yes he has been told of this site but spending too much time on PC means less work gets done on cars :)

most of the long term Renault fans on here will know his identity but PM Nigel if you want to know more ,if they were all mine i would of posted loads more pics by now

have been promised this gem when we can get acess to it

any guesses ?

Posted Image