My rat look MK1 Triumph 2000

25v6turbo

I,am geting along nicely with my project,i,ve added a roofrack,complete with tow rope,got the period Lucas square 8 front fogs,a rear round Lucas spotlamp which lights up in reverse,14 inch minilites,and its very weathered on the paintwork,but what else can i add to the affect???its got lots of dodgy(but safe)welding repairs,and a lot of the paintwork is worn through,anything else to suggest to add to the car????

My first job around 1978 was in a Peugeot dealer's that had previously been a Triumph agents, so about 30% of the work was still Trummies. What was a rated look at the time was to leave the plastic protection that they turned up new with on the door cards and rear seats, very popular on Mk 1 2000s and 1300 fwd.

It would really suit a rat look 2000, in an ironic sort of way, coz after a few years it gets very tatty rould the window winder handles. Other classic Mk 1 looks are towbar and far to low rear suspention not the full Herald but a good attempt at weird camber. I also always liked the way the door capping and dash varnish started to seperate from the 'veneer?' like wood ezxma.

I forgot to add its got a Stanpart towbar,nice soft spring which look like its about an inch lower,and a working period stick on smith silver heated rear screen jobbie,going to get some of those stone guards for the headlamps,its still got the very weathered black/silver numberplates,its NEVER been of the road despite its sorry appearance,i,ve got every MOT dated NOV every year from 1976.

I saw this car last weekend and it looks fantastic, certainly an interesting change from the usual VW Ratties! The combination of the chronic spring sag and Minilite wheels gives you both a comfy ride and sports looks... Ingenious. 8)