180B wagons? Commons as muck.

pogweasel

I though these were supposed to be 'well rare'. Now not only does Johnny Somersett snaffle JonCedrics one, then another appears on eBay. And then this morning what do I spot? Yeah, another chuffing one. No pics as it was headed towards me in traffic. But it was blue and registered ATT xxx T : Please say I haven't imagined it.

I though these were supposed to be 'well rare'. Now not only does Johnny Somersett snaffle JonCedrics one, then another appears on eBay. And then this morning what do I spot? Yeah, another chuffing one. No pics as it was headed towards me in traffic. But it was blue and registered ATT xxx T : Please say I haven't imagined it.

That's actually quite a well known one in Datsun circles. IIRC it's also been through JonCedrics hands? I belive it was originally a minter but had deteriorated a bit.

I have to say of all the bluebirds that shape one is my least favourite. I had a saloon 160B a few years ago and it really left no lasting impressions. Apart from the nice colourful array of warning lights that came on a regular basis. Admittedly the car was a dog. I sold it to a banger racer in Bournemouth.

This is the definative bluebird.

Posted Image

muhhahhaha. and its all mines I tell you. Mine.

That ATT... estate certainly was nice, at least when it was a regular to JAE's of old at Billing. Same colour as the saloon I had 1996-97...

Posted Image

Like DC, left me slightly cold though at least mine was a better example bought at random after travelling to Kent to view a 240K which was rubbish. Datman absolutely loves them though.

This is the definative bluebird.

Posted Image

muhhahhaha. and its all mines I tell you. Mine.

Bastard bastard bastard total bastard.

You are ONE LUCKY PUNK to be in ownership of that.

Questions DatsunCherry two:

1) Do you still have that 910 Bluebird?

2) Whatever became of that old Olvov 760 Turdblowa that my dad gave JonCedric gratis?

(Oh & PS: I am currently HI BIDDA on the eBay 180B wagon. LULZLZ)

I'd really like to add one of those 910 saloons to my fleet at some point, it'd sit nicely with the Charmant and Galant. Would want it in a dull colour though, red is a bit too sporty. Brown would be nice.If I was rich, I'd just have a huge garage loaded up with bland (yet interesting to me) 4 doors, all restored to mint condition. The Charmant would be on a marble plinth, behind a rope made out of velvet, obviously. Amongst the tat would be a Daewoo Espero, Hyundai Stellar and one of those really boxy Mitsubishi Lancer MK5s (first FWD model).It'd basically be like that bubblecar museum, but full of minicabs.

Amongst the tat would be a Daewoo Espero,

Scarily these seem to go for good money, to say they lost 95% of there value the moment you bought one, most traders have got then up for about a grand! :shock:

I guess there must be a certain sub-set that appreciates the mechanical simplicity of them... seeing as they were based on the Mk2 Cavalier that would do apporox. 1bn miles quite happily (as long as you did them quick before the arches rotted!).

I got the impression that the press didn't exactly rave over these - especially in Australia - when they were new. Keep seeing the same brown T-reg saloon popping up on The Professionals as a "baddie car" though!Still, they get my vote - and like everyone else, I'm surprised they are still coming out of the woodwork, I would have thought most old Jap estates would have been windowcleaner'd* (if that's such a word) to death by now.* Or similar trade.

Posted Image

If it was mine I would be happy with it looking this cool 8)

http://retrorides.proboards86.com/?boar ... 056&page=1

Still Pearl Harbour isn't due to start till next spring so it will stay unbutchered for a while yet. I have no problem with people modifying their cars but it seems like maybe there is a perverse pleasure in cutting up something very orignal :?

Posted Image

If it was mine I would be happy with it looking this cool 8)

http://retrorides.proboards86.com/?boar ... 056&page=1

Still Pearl Harbour isn't due to start till next spring so it will stay unbutchered for a while yet. I have no problem with people modifying their cars but it seems like maybe there is a perverse pleasure in cutting up something very orignal :?

Posted Image

Oh god no!! :shock::cry:

How can he be a Datsun lover & have desires to butcher something so scarce & original, not mention great condition! :evil:

I think they just like the crisp Bertone styling.

Having given up on the Espero as near exctint, I happened upon a very clean example last week in Metallic Green, and, as we speak, I am admiring the pin-sharp lines of this superb Metallic Grey example that has been parked outside my place for what could well be the whole day!

This is live and happening now!

Posted Image