Anyone has a spare in-car CD player Lying about?

rawy

I'm looking for a cheap/free in car cd player, doesn't have to be anything special as long as it works.Ideally somewhere in lancashire.Someone must have one lying about thats come out of a car somewhere.cheersrawy

Guest greenvanman

Aldi are selling those Tevion things at the minute, so just head to your local shop and pick one up...

And you'll get a new one for the £40 he's asking for secondhand! I've had one for a couple of years now, what with 1Gb SD cards now available for peanuts you can keep a couple of thousand tunes in the glovebox and still have room for your Werthers Originals :)

Aldi are selling those Tevion things at the minute, so just head to your local shop and pick one up...

And you'll get a new one for the £40 he's asking for secondhand!
I dont know what the hell a TEVION is, but my company (not mine personally !) will deliver a KENWOOD to your door for £47Not a plug - but link available on request :wink:

And you'll get a new one for the £40 he's asking for secondhand!

I dont know what the hell a TEVION is, but my company (not mine personally !) will deliver a KENWOOD to your door for £47

Not a plug - but link available on request :wink:

Yes please. Does it do everything that you might want it to? Last year I bought an Oxygen Audio System from these people;

http://www.sounds-the-business.co.uk/

which had all the possible functions & compatibility I was told I could want. No hole on the front though for adding iPods or what have you but I was told that you could connect things like that to it, I'm not sure how without that front socket though. Anyway I paid my £180 which seemed to be the going rate at the time, it was the cheapest they had, or more specifically it was the more deluxe version of the cheapest model which allowed me to use everything. Next up from that was a Clarion system for £200 & some odd quid.

Anyway, was getting on fine with it, was enjoying whacking in my USB stick have having songs played directly from that, although I kept knocking it out of place with my lanky legs! A bit further down the line the novelty had worn off & I wanted to play my conventional CDs through it. But it would occasionally have this problem where tracks would skip or freeze, even on brand new or spotless, previously unplayed discs! It wasn't constantly though so I put up with it for a while. Gradually the problem seemed to become more frequent, sometimes it would skip through a whole disc, track after track, or at least my patience had finally run out. I went back to the outlet a couple of times explaining the problem but was brushed off each time with, "well each time it does it, try the reset button" and "we've not had any other reports of this, it might be a problem with my electrics" (look buster, just cos I'm in an Alfa!....) I was told that if it kept doing it then he would change it over, and so I tried what he said, when it started to mess around, I took off the front panel & pressed the reset button with a cocktail stick. Put it all back together....first song on the disc....."Wha wum wum wum......*pause*........wum wum bom bom.......*pause*. No difference whatsoever! It's often affected by, but not limited to, any bumps or dips in the road as if there's no shock protection. But other times I'll go over a railway crossing with no reaction & then a few seconds later some minor insignificant dink in the road & *pause*.......skip.....*pause* it's so infuriating. I should just take it back & have another go at speaking to the vendor (I even recorded the tedium on my mobile to prove how ridiculous it is) but I can't be bothered with it anymore so I'm just going to cut my losses & start again with something else, preferably that still says on the tin that it's does everything & puts my money where it's mouth is! :roll:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Regie, I fear you may have been stitched up if you paid £180 for that head unit.I've never heard of them and the quality looks to be similar to the Tevion one and Aldi have been selling those on and off for a few years now for around the £50--£60 pound mark.Tevion stuff is generally pretty good and should have a 3 year warranty. It won't be the quality of a Kenwood/Sony/Pioneer unit but I doubt the Kenwood mentioned above will have MP3 playback/front input and usb connection.