Oriental Offerings - Reincarnated

KruJoe

So, another big bump for a dump from my dumb photobox. Hope the links stay good. Any future uploads will be to photobucket - not so much storage, but oh so easy. Enjoy.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"Loves Chocolate"

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spotted on the move across the famous Chiang Mai city moat.

What is it? Some ex-USSR thing?

Posted Image

Also passing:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

When I was young, I remember having nightmares about the back end of these. ^ I found them quite unsettling!

This little shitbox drove me mental for days! It was in a car sales "tent" on my route to work. On my way there, it looked like a normal 5 door, and on the way back, a 3 door :? I just had to stop and have a look:

Posted Image

4 door Wagon R!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Unusual back lights on this 626:

Posted Image

They don't look like a bodge job:

Posted Image

Avez-vous conduit de la France ?

Posted Image

Wow! Only the second 2CV I ever saw in Chiang Mai.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That's plenty to be going on with - just one more: Catch of the day.

What a shitter! Honest as the day is long, but oh so cool...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope it was worth the click! More when I get 'round to it.

:)

KJ

Yep, the Allegros are rather scarce, I saw only about four in as many years there. Torsten: I'd never heard of the Innocenti Regent - thanks for the link Kru Pog! (As I explained early in the thread, "Kru Joe" is what my students called me when I was teaching in Thailand).

A quick google shows the Regent with the snazzy steel rims and a different grille to the Allegro, as well as clear indicators. (Well ahead of their time...)

Posted Image

I'd guess this was a regular Agro:

Posted Image

I'll pay even more attention when I return!

Those alloy wheels look after-market to me... I'm sure I've seen similar on some old Jap car... what's the Allegro's PCD?

Posted Image

Thanks for the input, chaps!

• 1 year later...

Here's a couple of snaps from Sihanoukville, Cambodia.

Image063-2.jpg

Image062-1.jpg

Image061-1.jpg

Nowt special, but interesting in that they are NOT Camry's like everthing else

Image051-2.jpg

Sorry for the tiny pic, driver didn't feel like stopping. No idea what it is - it was not a Sunny or a 323. Definitely a Toyota of some description, but never seen one before anywhere.

Thanks for those, Tom. Not sure what that is ^ ?!

Could nearly be a Stanza or FSO Polonez from that angle.

I didn't mean to bump this up myself, I have been editing each post to repair all the picture links, and I must have pressed 'quote' instead of 'edit'!

Hopefully I'll have them all done today, or maybe tomorrow, and I'll share some fresh tat.

:)

Always good to see this thread. That red motor was neither Stanza or FSO - the first letter of the name was either S or C - my dodgy memory says "Sentra", but this is probably too much bad Cambodian Beer. Hirst will be along soon with the answer.

I am spending a lot of time in Bangkok at the moment - none of the brilliant spots of the northern provinces I'm afraid. I shall visit KhonKaen soon and drive across to Laos, so hopefully there will be some decent chod on those roads.

P1030187.jpg

These are not uncommon in Thailand, but it aint no Toyota!

Always good to see this thread.

Cheers! You realise we just bumped it up from page 101 ?! It was 5000 plus threads down, from about 18 months ago.

It might have been easier to start a new thread and re-post everything, but I've nearly done with the many evenings of editing!

It'll be worth it in the end!

I am spending a lot of time in Bangkok at the moment - none of the brilliant spots of the northern provinces I'm afraid. I shall visit KhonKaen soon and drive across to Laos, so hopefully there will be some decent chod on those roads.

Hey, keep your eyes peeled - there are some gems in BKK and the suburb provinces! I don't spend more time there than I can help, but I have some good spots. You'll have to keep your camera charged up for Isaan and Laos, you'll be needing it!

Always good to see this thread. That red motor was neither Stanza or FSO - the first letter of the name was either S or C - my dodgy memory says "Sentra", but this is probably too much bad Cambodian Beer. Hirst will be along soon with the answer.

Starlet? Tercel? Difficult to tell from the picture...

Can't really tell from the picture, looks too tall to be a Stanza and the wiper sits vertically on those. The wiper position also seems to end the idea of it being a BD 323 or N12 Cherry too.

That and the black garnish between the lights suggests to me that is a MK2 Toyota Tercel/Corsa, or possibly a Corolla II (same body) but I'm not sure they ever got a back-end like that.

Here are the Tercel/Corsa, demonstrated by John "YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS" McEnroe:

800px-2nd_Toyota_Tercel_3-door.jpgCT.jpg

Struggling to google this... the above is a US model (from Wiki), and the back lights seem to be the other way up.. and maybe the bumper is different :?

There's some intersting info on the Soluna in that article, too.

It aint too far off, though. On the right is a Honda Dream, just like mine!

So, after a week of editing, it's all done! I re-hosted all my pictures, most of them in Photobucket, but I ran out of storage there, so some are in Picasa. Fingers crossed the links stay good! I can't fix the quoted pictures in other people's posts, but some are still ok, so I've just left the Photobox albums alone.

Back to business.

As China Tom is in and around BKK, I'll add some more spots to inspire him!

These are in addition to those on p22 from my short visits.

P1100472.JPG

P1100400.JPG

P1100392.JPG

P1100393.JPG

P1100536.JPG

I rather like that ^ ridiculous contraption!

These were taken from one of the public minibusses that tear around the capital at break-neck speed:

P1100492.JPG

P1100485.JPG

P1100511.JPG

While we were bouncing around in the back, we could clearly see that the contents of the First Aid kit had been replaced with Buddhist amulets! :?:lol:

P1100507.JPG

P1100461.JPG

P1100430.JPG

P1100431.JPG

Back to Chiang Mai for now...

P1100627.JPG

P1090782.JPG

P1090651.JPG

This is just PERFECT as is...

P1090650.jpg

But we've already had a Crown 'Catch of the Day' (or three!) ... so the title goes to this:

P1090805.JPG

I love it! But what is it?

P1090808.JPG

(Or is it another Crown?!) :oops:

Tis indeed another Crown (S50 I think), but definitely deserves the title.

I think this place must be the best source of AWESOME JDM aftermarket wheels, every single car seems to have them. If I ever win the lottery I will be shipping boatloads of cars and bits from over there, FO'REAL!

Edit - just saw the Bellel a couple of pages back... oh my days! And the beat-up old Tyopet Tiara (Mental block - what where they called on the home market?)...and the wheels on the aggro are amazing...! I think I need a lie down!

This place seriously beats Malta or Cyprus as Shite Heaven!

Tis indeed another Crown (S50 I think), but definitely deserves the title.

When I spotted it I had no idea what it was, but having just been through the whole thread again, it somehow reminded me of both the older blue Crown pick-up, and that tatty blue coupe with the Mitsubishi front end.

I think this place must be the best source of AWESOME JDM aftermarket wheels, every single car seems to have them. If I ever win the lottery I will be shipping boatloads of cars and bits from over there, FO'REAL!

...and the wheels on the aggro are amazing...!

Not everything has aftermarket alloys, but a high proportion does. I also noticed that in Denmark a few years ago.

The fact that people replace the wheels means that the original ones are often sold, and you see them on all sorts of unlikely older stuff, eg:

P1040065.jpg

Do you know what they are off? Don't look half bad to me :)

I think I need a lie down!

This place seriously beats Malta or Cyprus as Shite Heaven!

It's not bad. Though my photos are from about a year of 'hard spotting', I always carry my camera, and often detour around car parks etc when I have time!

WTF? This looks like a five-door Corolla KE10-series wagon, but as far as I know they only did a three-door... so a homemade mix of sedan and wagon? Fab pics!

P1100430.JPG

Another angle:

P1100433.JPG

I think it is far too neat and tidy to be a home-brew: look how perfect the C-pillar area is.

P1100431.JPG

(The back lights are, I think, from the 1980s version of the Mazda 1000 pick-up.)

Could it be a newer 5 door wagon, with KE10 front end parts?

Bleugh - food poisoning from a dodgy bowl of Cambodian gruel (10% rice, 89% parasite ridden water and 1% unidentified solids) rendered me with not even enough strength to lift my arm to phone-snap a 405GRI and a Colt GSR GTO in town this evening.

Bleugh again.

Just two more days of convulsing and fainting my way through meetings and powerpoint slides until Etihad gets me to Heathrow (I f*ck*ng hope the seat is lie flat and close to the bogs!), and I can wend my way to the fancy new hospital on the A11 just before Norwich where I'm sure they will pull a conga eel size parasite from my arse...

And again, bleugh... BLEUGH!!

Edit. Quite literally after 2 minutes from posting this, I receive an e-mail from my project site where 3 of my team have gone down with malaria. Just the J O'Beasky. Malaria? Bugger. If it is, let me assure everyone that a few bottles of Argentinian Cabernet Sauvignon takes the symptoms away quite nicely. I resolutely refuse to have malaria. Assume I havn't got it OK?

Struth mate.

Here's wishing you a speedy and complete recovery, whatever the diagnosis.

To perk you up, get a face-full of this:

P1080001.JPG

P1070996.JPG

P1070998.JPG

P1070999.JPG

P1080002.JPG

My guess is that it may have started life as a Datsun wagon, what do y'all reckon?

I think you're right, Milf. The one-piece back side windows maybe threw me off. Also, it looked bigger than an old Corrola had a right to, but then it does have distended arches and rides high on those RIMZ.

The first thing I thought when I saw it was 'Where the hell did they find those Thema back lights?' Lancias are V rare, only the odd Beta etc... (I think I have one still un-posted) I've not seen a Thema here at all.

The Fiat equivalent was the Croma... rather different:

ScreenHunter_01Oct282235.gif

The Alfa 164 was different again, as was the Saab 9000. All four shared much under the skin, but the 9000 is the only member of the family spotted in Thailand. You've had the red one I spied though garden gates, here's the one I caught on the move.

P1040817.jpg

Quite a rare thing, here.

Thanks CT. Feeling any better?

P1060393.jpg

Those^ made me think ''just like a mk1 Golf'', but they're blatantly not. They are original, I'm sure.

These aren't:

P1110806.JPG

They instantly made me think...

P1070136.JPG

It was gorgeous, let's see the front again:

P1070133.JPG

Bluebird

P1090789.JPG

Shot on the sly, in the school again.

P1090788.JPG

This last one was well horny.

P1060416.jpg

I digress. Are these from a different Bluey then? I can't find a match in my pictures.

P1110806.JPG