Not again?!!?

pogweasel

REMEMBER THIS?:

Well if we are going to go in for a bit of 'modern toss bashing...

Posted Image

BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD BASTARD VICIOUS BASTARD!

(broken, suspect terminal)

^ Last month ^

v Today v

Posted Image

TWATTING TWATCAKES!

I'm getting a bit fricking dicked off by this. The RAC must love me.

Today's symptoms?

Well this morning on start up I noticed that the power steering did not kick in straight away. Odd. Came in within 5 secs so thought little more of it.

This afternoon, thought it was a bit heavy. Then came back after a bit, no PAS, battery light on. Ah.

Absolutely mental that if your alternator goes, it switches off the power steering meaning total dead-weight wheel, must be terrifying for clueless gimps.

Bring back the shitters, this new stuff is WRONG. :roll:

Bad luck Pog. Do you actually own this van then? If so, does your employer require you to have something newish for work? Just wondering, would they accept an older van (Chevanne FTW) with updated running gear – for what an Astra van of that age costs could you get something built up like that?I’m out in our works Astra van tomorrow, hopefully I won’t be facing a similar situation…

EPS is not known for being hugely reliable to be honest - lots of grumbling in the Skoda forums about Fabias. Ours (touch wood) has been fine over 65k miles.Blame my mate for the FIAT stuff - it's a Lucas product, and he did the testing for it...

You need something old!! They may break down but can be fixed with a hammer, cable ties and duck tape in 5 minutes!!!

Exactly my idea. I have stopped driving my Disarsetra for this exact reason. When it broke down it would inevitable cost me £££s to repair as joe blogs cannot do it.At least with old cars a bit of common sense can prevail opposed to a PHD in computer science.

The fault code reader was only £85 all in of teh Bay of da E. Obviously, it cannot diagnose issues which aren't connected to the ECU/SCU/MFU, but then we all know a duff wheel bearing when we hear one.I've used it on quite a few post 98 cars:00 Audi A4 TDi - engine management light (EML) on - duff airbag02 Rover 75 V6 - EML on, bad plugtop coil04 Mondeo TDCi - Heater plug relay04 A-M Vanquish S (yes!) - Airflow meter07 Merc E320CDi - Airflow meter too. While this car was under warranty, it's a taxi, and my mate couldn't afford the dealer flaffing about for a week trying to suss it, so a morning in the workshop it was cured. Merc dealers do great coffee and Strudel...All in all, the price of the reader was less than 2 hours wages well spent.

Codereaders are pretty essential for more modern toss - I bought a Gendan VAG-specific reader for t'wifes car for something like 40 quid, has served me (and several others!) well. Mind you, a "universal" one for 85 sheets looks like value to me.

Forget a fault code reader. Here lies the solution to your problems:

Posted Image

Posted Image

The last place I worked had a pool of Astras and Fiat Doblos.

If you weren't quick at grabbing keys first thing in the morning you'd end up with a shitty Astra for the day. Says it all really when people prefer to drive Fiats...

Oops, I wasn't having a jab at Fiats although I can see how it might look like that. Honest guv. We had a couple of the old model Vauxhall Combos too. The 1.7 diesel with no turbo. Even they went before the Astras. :lol: I don't have anything against Fiats. I found the Doblo to be a comfy and well screwed together piece of Italian workmanship. I would have no hesitation in buying a Doblo of any other Fiat in the current range with my own money. Well maybe not that Punto in the other thread, but you know what I mean.