Shite Postcards

pompei

I would have noticed by now if it was possible to buy a car that way.

it is possible, did it twice. Try to sell there, then it gets funny, some samples:

- i have no internet, please phone me on +234xxx. No

- i would like to buy your car, can i make a suggestion for the price. Yes (never heard anything again)

- can i pay by cheque. No

- do you accept cheques. No

- would it be ok to send you a cheque for the payment. No

- Could you wait for my cheque until next week. No

- i will pay you by mandat postale tommorrow. No

- can you deliver the car to Marseille, i will pay you instantly by cheque when you arrive. No.

- I am abroad, me and my wife decided to buy, do you accept a mandat postale.  No

I tried to buy a big stash of postcards from the local auctions on Friday. Probably the equivalent of 6-7 shoeboxes' full, and every time dug out a few I found ones with good car content and the quantity of ones with bright blue skies suggested there would have been many more from the right era. Guide price of £25-30, I stuck in a commission bid of £40, but they ended up going for £110!

Pity, they'd have kept me busy over winter but I probably already have enough 'in stock' to occupy me for a while yet.

I've forgotten what cards I've posted on here, apologies if this is a repeat.

5524250560_a980bf78be_b.jpg

The Square, St Annes on Sea old postcard 1960s by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

If I upload a sent card on Flickr I usually try and add the message to my description, gives a bit of context. That’s on the basis that I can make out the handwriting and/or it’s in English. I have quite a few cards which appear to have been sent from various Eastern Bloc countries to a German person/family living in England and they’re beyond me….