In the bag

bigstraight6

Loving it. There was quite a late on on the bay of madness recently and local too. Unfortunately it was a privtae listing and he was less than responsive about key questions so I jibbed bidding on it.

That's really GORGUS!! Must be a resto job though, surely? When I used to live near Pickering- about 5 years ago- the local Iron Merchant had an A 35 van in regular use. Wonder what the oldest comercial vehicle still earning it's keep is?

That's really GORGUS!! Must be a resto job though, surely? When I used to live near Pickering- about 5 years ago- the local Iron Merchant had an A 35 van in regular use. Wonder what the oldest comercial vehicle still earning it's keep is?

There is a 1967ish Ford D series in Kirkcaldy that is still used by a shed building firm. As far as I know they've had it from new or nearly new. There was another one of similar vintage posted recently that had been used from new by a fruit wholesaler.

That's lush. I reckon it could well be in original condition. The signwriting does look to be newer than 1982, but how much newer it's difficult to tell. Numberplate style certainly passes the Craig test. :)

Still seems to be a few ha's kicking about. I had a v regd one around 1991 and it was ok.

This one I spotted must be the oldest survivour though 8)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Vehicle Registration Mark EBC194C

Make BEDFORD

Model OTHER

Type LIGHT VAN

ColourWHITE

Date of First Registration 03 06 1965

Year of Manufacture Not Available

Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1159CC

1159cc :lol::lol:

Posted Image

Didn't those HA vans stay in production for years after the car was replaced?

The car version was replaced by the HB in 1966 or '67 so the van outlived the HB Viva, the HC Viva and came close to outlasting the Chevette. I'd say we have BT/GPO to thank for that.

It is a stunning thing, though if I remember rightly all the HAs down at the BT place near where I used to live had black bumpers & grilles, and no hub caps, and they were all X or Y -reg, so this guy has perhaps fitted some older bits to this one, can`t blame him like it looks better for it.

• 3 months later...