Digital Fly Tipping

vulgalour

• 1 month later...

The last dregs of 2014 here for you, not much to spot in December as it happened.

First spot of the month was this charming little Austin 1100. I gather it was in at a neighbouring garage for some work, but I don't know what.  Looked really lovely with not a hint of the usual crustiness or sagginess.

201412-01.jpg

Citroen Pickarseholes are very popular up here.  Like, monstrously popular.  Here's three parked on the same street like some sort of parliament of slugs.

201412-02.jpg

And finally here's a little Austin A30.  I think it's an A30 at any rate, seemed to be quite an early car.  This was at the garage we got the Xantia MoT'd.  It's in need of rubber seals and window runners, if I remember rightly they had been binned during the restoration and were now proving almost impossible to source, holding up completion of what looked like a nice tidy job.  Really appealing colour on it.

201412-03.jpg

That concludes 2014.

• 3 weeks later...

Not boring at all!  I thought it must be early on account of the tiny rear lights and semaphores, there were a few other details that didn't look quite as I thought they should for an A30/35 like the little red central light above the rear number plate so it's very likely it's an AS3.  I didn't even know what an AS3 is so had to do a Google and I do believe you're correct.  Suprise rare spot after all.

Strangely enough, I had one. Chassis No. 1751. Ended up in Scotland after me.

Those boot hinges were great. If it rained they allowed the boot to deposit any standing water straight into the boot ( the boot sort of came out a bit then hinged up so it stood vertical when open. After a good number of complaints, external hinges were fitted quickly as a temporary solution.

Mine had one key too. That was for the drivers door lock. No other keys needed. Ignition was a switch similar to the wiper switch, no passenger key and no handle for the boot. That was opened using a square ended coach key (AKA a T key for the coachers amongst us).

Stupid fact no.7 The diffs on AS3s were particularly low ratio and were prised in the spridget racing fraternity and command silly prices when coming up for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not getting out that much lately so the pickings are really slim.  Too much work and too much cold makes for fewer spots.

Kick things off with a very tidy looking Mister Two.  Bonus ubiquitous background Ka.
201501-01.jpg

After getting Nugget I started seeing Corsas everywhere!  Just around the corner from me is this mostly-red-slightly-pogweasel Corsa B 5 door.
201501-02.jpg

This Mercedes almost always has a straw hat on the parcel shelf.  Trundles around quite a bit and is another local car.  Of course it has a tow bar.  I've seen it at least once with a roof rack on.  I'm pretty sure it's a diesel.
201501-03.jpg

Last, a Citroen Saxo.  Notable for steels and trims up front with 3 stud alloys out back.  Also notable that it's a series one car which you don't see as many of.
201501-04.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, we finally have a decent spots month!  First time in a while.

Let's start with a Moogmobile complete with giffer pilot at Morrisons.

201502-01.jpg

Here's a terrible shakey night picture of a brown Volvo 244DL saloon.  It goes on and off sale more times than a discount clothing store.

201502-02.jpg

You can just make out a 3 series BMW turning right at the lights here.

201502-03.jpg

Invisible* repair to a Micra.  This is the most spectacular use of filler I've ever seen.

201502-04.jpg

Seen this SAAB a couple of times since taking this photograph and it's lovely.

201502-05.jpg

Silver Yaris with a missing wheel trim and mismatched wing.  That's not the sort of thing you see so much these days, made me smile.

201502-06.jpg

Spotted at the Post Office.  I don't use this branch anymore since I've had post go missing from here and because they charge me twice what the town centre branch does for the same items.  Something very odd going on there. It does seem to attract 90s French hatchbacks.

201502-07.jpg

On the way to collect the Renault 6 there was a particularly auspicious spot.  I didn't even know what this was and had to read the tailgate!  Not had to do that in quite a while.  Probably my spot of the month, I'm never likely to see a Fiat Paleo Weekend on Polish plates again.

201502-08.jpg

201502-09.jpg

When we were stuck in traffic for AN HOUR on the M62 there was at least some relief in the form of this purple Disaster.

201502-10.jpg

Internet had to help me out with this one.  In the right hand lane that fuzzy blob is an Oldsmobile Alero, which I have never seen before. I've added a better image of what you should see, right down to the colour.

201502-12.jpg

1999-Oldsmobile-Alero-809924-2-sm.jpg

A little later in the month and I had to stop in the middle of the road to photograph this micro-camper Fiesta.  It has cartoon bugs (ladybirds and the sort) stickers on it and looked very clean even with the cellulite rear arches.

201502-13.jpg

This is the first Xantia hatchback I've seen since shortly after collecting the Onion Bus back in April.  Not sure if it's being broken for parts or in to be fixed.

201502-14.jpg

Ford Ka with Lexus lights next to a well-used Jag.  Thornaby in one picture really.

201502-15.jpg

Today, Mike and I went to what should have been Wetherby Racecourse autojumble with informal classic car parking/show.  By noon almost all the traders had packed up and gone and there was only one other classic car.  We decided to have a nose at the Antiques Fair that was on at the same time instead but the £6 entry fee per head made us sack that off too!  Not all bad mind, there was some interest in the car park.

In the far distance there's a Mercedes (208, I think?) ice cream van.  In the near distance is a Toyota Corolla estate.

201502-26.jpg

201502-27.jpg

Mike parked the GT6 next to some monstrosity.

201502-29.jpg

Then there were just two more things to give you this month...

201502-25.jpg

201502-24.jpg

201502-23.jpg

201502-22.jpg

201502-21.jpg

Isn't that lovely?  Let's finish off February's update with a proper classic and a proper bit of Autoshite.

201502-20.jpg

201502-17.jpg

This has been a great month, lots of variety.

• 1 month later...

March is over, here are my spots.  I've seen this clean Mercedes out on the road once or twice, it looks massive when it's coming towards you, almost American car massive.  On this day it was in for a wash, because apparently it wasn't already clean enough.

201503-01.jpg

This Camaro is street legal, magnificent and makes a glorious noise.  This is the only opportunity I've ever had to photograph it.  Has a whole different sort of road presence to that blue Mercedes.

201503-02.jpg

When we went to get wipers I came out to see this.  There are no sufficient words to describe its magnitude and monumental stature.  This is the largest Renault Trafic I've ever seen.

201503-03.jpg

I told you I'd seen a BMW with CUNT written on the bumper.

201503-04.jpg

Mercedes have produced some cars people don't seem to get excited about or notice, but painting this one turquoise rather than silver makes it impossible to miss.

201503-05.jpg

Rubber bumper MG B GT in flawless black with a stunning tan interior.  I don't often get excited by mundane classics but seeing this one parked on an ordinary street with ordinary cars made it look quite special.  Sadly didn't get a picture of the Ford Probe (another turquoise car) that was parked up nearby, hope I see that one again.

201503-07.jpg

201503-06.jpg

Finally, a Rover 600 in black.  Most of the rear arch you can see here and some of the bumper was constructed entirely of black gaffer tape.  The bad picture makes it look like an invisible repair.  It wasn't.

201503-08.jpg

[charliebrooker]NOW GO AWAY.[/charliebrooker]

• 4 weeks later...

April began with people getting their Willys out.

201504-01.jpg

The weather was a bit grim.  That didn't stop me taking these action* shots from the passenger seat of Nugget the Corsa of a Streetwise on steelies.

201504-02.jpg

201504-03.jpg

Nissan Micras aren't a common sight up here.  The metal wheel trims are familiar to me but I couldn't place what they were from, I'm guessing an older upmarket Nissan.

201504-04.jpg

Few of these about the place, this is one of the tidiest and spotted on a glorious spring day.

201504-05.jpg

Touring lacquer peel at Tescos.  The lacquer peel on this was magnificent, it was standing up from the roof like so much peeling sunburnt skin.

201504-06.jpg

201504-07.jpg

Chance encounter at the end of our street with a tidy little Beetle when walking the dog.

201504-08.jpg

Chance encounter with something else on the way back.  Daihatsu?  I liked the colour at any rate.  Bonus dog ears.

201504-09.jpg

P reg Astra I might have spotted before.

201504-10.jpg

Not quite J reg, but it is a Proton Aerodeck on diddy hubcaps, a seriously rare sight now.

201504-11.jpg

I see this wafting about occasionally, first time I've seen it stationary so grabbed a quick snap.  I rate the Lexus LS400 highly as a competent and comfortable luxobarge.

201504-12.jpg

1971 Bay Window Mike and I went to view to see if it was worth buying for the business.  At the price asked it isn't in the current market, but it could be viable for a private buyer.

201504-13.jpg

201504-16.jpg

Spotted this Honda Civic on my way to the shops and decided the shops could wait while I detoured to take a picture.

201504-19.jpg

201504-20.jpg

201504-21.jpg

Doom blue boring Hyundai.

201504-22.jpg

To finish, here's a floppytop Puglet on one of the nicest days of the month.

201504-23.jpg

201504-24.jpg

• 1 month later...

I missed doing the May update so I'll roll it into June's update.  Let's kick things off with some serious weapons grade shite in what appeared to be as-new condition.  Incredible scenes of a Fiat Marea at the Tesco pumps in Ingleby Barwick.

201505-01.jpg

Resale red Ford Sierra 4x4 (genuine) with predictable crusty bumrot.  Ford tax had not been applied so the new owner got a bit of a barg and a lot of welding ahead of him.  Mondeo alloys?

201505-02.jpg

Went shopping and three spaces away from my Xantia estate was this Xantia estate.  I suspect this is the evil twin from a previous month's spot.  There can't be another, surely?  Can't confirm though as the number plate in the previous spot is indecipherable.

201505-03.jpg

Colt!  Best colour.

201505-04.jpg

Last spot for May is this handsome Citroen C6.  It has some obvious CX styling queues and is one of a small selection of moderns that I really rate the look of.

201505-05.jpg

201505-06.jpg

JUNE

You see that tiny little corner of red front wing?  That's Mike's attempt at photographing an immaculate Mk2 Cavalier saloon.  We saw it again the other day but we couldn't get to a camera in time.  It's astonishingly clean.  Earlier in the same day I'd seen that previously mentioned Mk1 Mitsubishi Space Wagon and again didn't have access to a camera because I was driving.  They are my current shite spotting targets.

201506-01.jpg

Citroen Berlingo, but not as I know it.  The whole thing is decked out in some sort of urban explorer gear or something with roof rack, grilles over the lights and more black plastic than usual.  There's a graphic down both sides but I can't remember what it says on it.  Looks like a proper Citroen job, not an aftermarket explosion.  Anybody got any ideas?

201506-02.jpg

GREAT WALL.  I didn't even realise that's what it was until it was nonchalantly pointed out to me.  Surprisingly it didn't look like a cheap Chinese knock-off of a successful western product.

201506-03.jpg

I gave Mike the camera again while I was driving.  This was attempt number one.  Still an improvement on the Cavalier photograph.

201506-04.jpg

Second attempt was actually good.  I like Beetles, and this was a cheerily coloured late model.

201506-05.jpg

Finally, a little bit of misery seen through a French window.

201506-06.jpg

Citroen Berlingo, but not as I know it.  The whole thing is decked out in some sort of urban explorer gear or something with roof rack, grilles over the lights and more black plastic than usual.  There's a graphic down both sides but I can't remember what it says on it.  Looks like a proper Citroen job, not an aftermarket explosion.  Anybody got any ideas

Peugeot Partner Escapade, basically a streetwised Partner Combi:

Large%20Image.jpg

Yep, they share the same platform much like the late 90s Ford Galaxy/Seat Alhambra/VW Sharan

Bonus Autoshite points to the 1st person who can tell me (without the aid of Google !!) what VW named their top of the range Sharan?

• 1 month later...

Time for July's spots.  I'm not getting much time to see anything lately, too much work and not enough fun moochy drivey time sadly.

To start with, something really ordinary.  I found this rather odd because I wasn't aware BMWs of this age were available as such a modestly proportioned estate, I thought they only came in the next size up.

201508-01.jpg

Now for something far more ridiculous.  It's a trike based on a Reliant and because the owner/builder has gone so balls out batshit mental with it I like it.  I shouldn't, but I do.

201508-02.jpg

201508-03.jpg

A very bad picture of a local Astra.

201508-04.jpg

One of my favourite regular spots is this old girl.  I don't care that pretty much every DS420 out there has at least the bottom 6" sculpted out of filler and only drive to and from weddings, they remain a firm favourite of mine.

201508-05.jpg

On my way home from Krujoe's in the Rover after filling up with lots of Rover stuff, I had to make a pit stop for a bite to eat and a mini-nap.  I'm so happy I did because a gorgeous bit of curvy copper pulled in.

201508-06.jpg

There was also a lovely little Sunbeam (I did think it was a Hillman, but Sunbeam was on the boot).

201508-07.jpg

That coppery thing seems an excellent note to end this month's spots on.  A truly magnificent Bristol 403, slightly bubbly on the corners and no less appealing for it.

201508-08.jpg

201508-09.jpg

One of my favourite days this year that.

• 2 months later...

Hmm... not updated here for a bit so let's do this thing, there's been some interesting* stuff.

August

Lots of things to see this month, didn't get out particularly more than usual, just seemed to time things well.  Let's start with this adorable little fake VW van which is actually a tiny little sweet shop.  Has a lovely sounding little flat four in it too, though not sure if watercooled or aircooled.

201508-01_1.jpg

Pepperpot Fezzer I've never seen before.

201508-02_1.jpg

Rubber bumper MG in fantastic orange.

201508-03_1.jpg

Suzuki Jimny and, a little further on, a Skoda Felicia pick-up with Truckman top.

201508-04_1.jpg

Er... why is there a jetski on our street?

201508-05_1.jpg

Please tell me I win something for spotting this.  It's somebody's daily, I see it all over the place.

201508-06_1.jpg

Bit tricky to see this next one, I had to pretend I was taking pictures of the dog so as not to arouse suspicion.  What you can see behind said dog is a Pillock/Mouseflakes (I can't remember who has/had one of these now, I think it's one of these guys) spec Audi on someone's front garden.

201508-07_1.jpg

Oo, what's that?

201508-08_1.jpg

TALL Range Rover.

201508-09_1.jpg

D:  Beautiful

201508-10.jpg

201508-11.jpg

That's quite enough excitement for one post, let's end the month on a nice brown low note

201508-12.jpg

September

Suburbia.

201509-01.jpg

Chompy wasn't fibbing when he told me about the Charisma with the alloys I wanted for my Rover.  Sadly the wrong PCD and attached to someone's car already, but here's the photographic proof of what is, surprisingly, a rare beastie.

201509-02.jpg

Check that out!  No, not the pink horror, the little Seat next to it.  When did you last see one of this generation Ibizas?

201509-03.jpg

Finally, I found myself behind this charming little local and it made the inside of my car smell just like I imagine 1960s Britain did.  It was a fantastic smell, the aroma of a very healthy old car and not a hint of burning oil or anything else that you shouldn't smell.  There's a surprising amount of aluminium tape on the brightwork of this old trooper too, lovely as it looks bombing around the local roads I suspect it has rather less metal than it left the factory with.

201509-04.jpg

That's it, no more, that's all your getting.

• 4 weeks later...

October is OVER so it's time to dump this little lot in here for you all to enjoy*.

Papped this one again, it's one of at least three dark coloured Xantia estates up here.

201510-01.jpg

This Astra was very clean, abnormally clean in fact.  The not-Pogweasel paint and original hubcaps got it a place in this month's tat spotting.

201510-02.jpg

Rover lower (it's not really, hooray for optical illusions) than a BX shocker.  I love my Rover, but I do still miss my crusty old BX.

201510-03.jpg

Went to pick up some furniture in the Rover (as you do) and there was a Mitsubishi Spacewagon parked across from me.  Genuinely couldn't remember the last time I'd seen one.

201510-04.jpg

Very handsome Mercedes with cream interior.

201510-05.jpg

October is apparently the month of the red car.  Here's another Mercedes with Autoshite approved amber indicators and windscreen wipers.

201510-06.jpg

Moggy with flat paint and sporting Rostyles is a firm winner for me.

201510-07.jpg

Oh look a Golf... lowered... on BBS alloys.

201510-08.jpg

Finish the month on an interestingly dull note with this Avensis estate.  I was vaquely aware these existed and yet I'm sure this is the first one I've seen in the wild.

201510-09.jpg

Bit tricky to see this next one, I had to pretend I was taking pictures of the dog so as not to arouse suspicion. What you can see behind said dog is a Pillock/Mouseflakes (I can't remember who has/had one of these now, I think it's one of these guys) spec Audi on someone's front garden.

I had a white saloon 90, but those were my pre-AS days

• 1 month later...

I have enough internet to do this so here we go, November's selection.  This is about the time we were trying to move house so I wasn't expecting to get anything of interest.  As it happens, having to deal with paperwork and visiting our old estate agent netted probably the best spot all month, possibly all year... more on that later.

First, here's a rarity outside the house in the form of an early 90s Toyota Corolla saloon.

201511-01.jpg

Surprisingly tidy Mercedes, it doesn't stand out so much in the photo but it did in person, hence the photo.

201511-02.jpg

This Mazda truck is ace, it's the guy's work truck so is all liveried up for his business with old fashioned coach lines and the like but in very, very bright colours.

201511-03.jpg

Yes, yes, pineapples.  Thing is I quite liked this.  Chompy has seen it before and he thinks it was on air suspension.  Almost totally stock to look at otherwise and the wheel choice isn't terrible.  Got the same roof bars as Dollywobbler's Volvo.

201511-04.jpg

201511-05.jpg

What _is_ that?  Chrylancia or something.

201511-06.jpg

Unusual pairing in Asda's underground car park.

201511-10.jpg

I mentioned we had to go to the old estate agent, this was for handing keys and whatever in.  On the way in I got very, very excited when I saw a boxy saloon at the side of the road and exclaimed LAUREL! at which point Mike wanted to know WTF.  Parked up and dragged Mike down the street so we could get a proper look at it.  I can't remember the last time I saw one at a car show, let alone one in the wild being used as an ordinary car.

201511-09.jpg

Look at it!

201511-08.jpg

LOOK.  AT.  IT.

201511-07.jpg

Cor... November was good to me in the end.