Shite Unite!

I have just visted Chrysler`s website, and was bitterly disappointed to find that there is no "build your own virtual car" option on there. My plan was to attempt to build a P/T Cruiser "base" - in white, black bumpers, grey plastic grille, steel wheels with no hubcaps, and then just leave every single option box unchecked, which would hopefully result in blanking plates all over the interior, some sort of 3-speed manual gearbox and a 1300cc OHV engine.I would then order the vehicle for real, and never turn up to collect or pay for it, content to bask in the knowledge that such a dowdy, unsaleable but strangely pleasing example of a P/T cruiser exists, and will be languishing on a chrysler forecourt for some time to come.

Sadly this is the closest thing I can find:

Posted Image

Grey plastic bumpers and steels - for the discerning customer who really wants a PT Cruiser on finance.

My plan was to attempt to build a P/T Cruiser "base" - in white, black bumpers, grey plastic grille, steel wheels with no hubcaps, and then just leave every single option box unchecked, which would hopefully result in blanking plates all over the interior, some sort of 3-speed manual gearbox and a 1300cc OHV engine.

As far as I'm aware Mitsubishi don't currently produce an OHV engine? :wink:

I walked through the PT Cruiser area at Harewood. It was quite unnerving. When you see one or two tat covered 50's style rock'n'roll Cruisers you can laugh it off but when there's dozens of them it's no longer acceptable as humorously ironic and become faintly disturbing.

Posted Image

Gah! What a horrific POS. My favourite bit is the two chrome lines around the 'nostrils' on the bonnet.This guys offspring must be forever getting kicked in if he comes to the fuggin school to pick them up in that. I bet the other kids love flicking bits of chewed up tin foil at it, and seeing if the guy notices the extra 'bling'. Actually, I wonder if he has kids.

I walked through the PT Cruiser area at Harewood. It was quite unnerving. When you see one or two tat covered 50's style rock'n'roll Cruisers you can laugh it off but when there's dozens of them it's no longer acceptable as humorously ironic and become faintly disturbing.

Posted Image

The bastard lovechild of a seventies gypsy caravan and an old American train? That monstrosity takes hideous to a whole new level. Hats off to that bloke and his missus in half an Austin Chummy trying to ram him, though note they can't even stand to look at it whilst doing so.

Just when I thought the PT Cruiser was the last word in shite, I spotted something worse this morning.

Sadly I didn't whip my phone out in time as I was rendered immobile by the sight of one of these gimp-wagons:

Posted Image

Right-hand drive too... Probably the only one they ever sold in that format. Hopefully.

No, I've seen a couple of PT Cruiser convertibles as well. Atrocious.The chrome-covered one above just goes to prove that money can't buy taste. There's a similarly chrome-laden Mitsubishi Galant (G-reg) round these parts, God knows why. We're talking chrome door handles, arches (gah!), windscreen wiper arms, mirrors, the lot. You can obviously buy this stick-on plastic chrome stripping by the metre - my 406 had a load of it slapped round the rear lights and numberplate. Utter crud.

a handful of folk just have this defect where they just can't stop fiddling dont they. The compulsion to fiddle vastly outweighs the will to stop and take stock of what the fiddling is actually achieveing. I bet 'Glesh' sees a plain, dull-ass PT cruiser when he looks out onto his driveway, and only clocks the empty spaces he has left on the car that could still accept more cheap sparkly toss.

The owner of this Ka, one of my all time favourites off barryboys, is clearly another acute sufferer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23284&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

"Mmm, Charlie Babbett, two n' a half"

Bollox is right, it is indeed an affliction, I know a guy who does it to just about everything, fortunately he is a home trader so he never has anything long enough for it to suffer more than a moderate sprinkling that could easily be remedied with a bottle of turps and an hour or two`s dicking about.I sometimes send cars up to him for a buff (he`s got a really good buffer, I`ve got a non-existant buffer) and every now and then a Fiesta or something will come back with really weird stripes all over it, he can`t help it.His party piece is the "badge bar" he sometimes applies, which is in fact a towel rail.

It's funny how everyone who went to Harewood took a photo of the Glesh wagon..... :lol: Here's mine:

Posted Image

I shudder to think what the inside of their house is like. If it isn't mock-Americana then it'll be overpowering wallpaper, chintzy furniture, and Sunday market ornaments.

Each to their own I know but why can they not see this is WRONG WRONG WRONG?

The PT self-affirmation mantra: "They're laughing WITH me, they're laughing WITH me"

This blinging up is a shocking epidemic, but I can remember a good few years ago seeing a week's wages spent in the old "accessory shop" and slapped on the Anglia or Cortina ...Things I recall are additional circular reflectors, usually with chrome bezels, stuck on the back and the rear quarters, badge bars with badges, jazzy mudflaps (sometimes with reflectors), headlight "eyelids", three winged spinners attached to the hubcaps, sun visors with chrome clips, twin chrome aerials on the rear wings, chrome tail pipe trims and rubber door stops, often with reflectors. Paradoxically, I used to like the rolls of black and white chequered sticky tape you got from the filling station so I could make my push bike go faster :wink: I also used to love it when people painted the tyre manufacturer's name in white. Even looks ridiculous when it's General Grabber.

When living in Alsager near stoke there was a guy who had a couple of Mk2 grandads with i think every possible bit of tat he could get his mits on from Halfords and the like.. He was a bit of a beardy type, and i bet there still on the road now!Near Alsager train station if anyone in the locality is passing through..