Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Well, Friday rolls around again...

...and doubtless a grin appears on the chops of Market Stall Blokey whenever he spies me trundling over in his general direction. He knows the score. I know the score. Everyone on this thread knows the score now.

First off: I believe Junkman called dibs on this Dinky Caddy Eldorado?

20190315_091207.jpg

20190315_091144.jpg

Now safely stashed in my bag, to join his Silver Wraith.

Otherwise, the stall was looking like this as the sun rose over Bilfawst:

20190315_091537.jpg

20190315_091455.jpg

20190315_091438.jpg

Most of these remain in the £3 - £5 bracket.

And in the 'reserve selection':

20190315_091344.jpg

20190315_091300.jpg

20190315_091245.jpg

While the 50p bins were looking something like this:

20190315_091632.jpg

20190315_091603.jpg

20190315_091225.jpg

So there y'go... not much that's startlingly new this week, but - as ever - if there's anything that particularly grabs anyone, I'll skip back over at 12 or so and see what can be done...

Of course, it wasn't just the Caddy I scooped...

Although the 50p bins appeared to contain just the usual wrecked Superfasts at first, a bit of hoking turned up some more recent arrivals of an earlier vintage...

20190315_091657.jpg

20190315_091750.jpg

These old-timers were on the stall proper a fortnight ago; not sure whether they ended up dumped in here by mistake or if they just weren't shifting.

So I did the decent thing.

20190315_095256.jpg

20190315_095316.jpg
Bin lorry and horsebox are of course Lesney; fire engine is by Benbros.

20190315_095338.jpg

20190315_095354.jpg

The tractor unit on this Pickfords rig has a broken-off base (missing in action - I did have a good rummage in case it was in the box, but no joy) and the trailer appears to be missing its drawbar fixings.

But if anyone fancies taking on any or all of the above - yours for 50p each, squires (plus the dreaded postage and packingage).

On 3/15/2019 at 9:56 AM, TheDoctor said:

Could you please grab me the lotus europa and white Volvo estate in the second last pic for me please? And the Rover Sd1 police car from third last pic. 

Thank you

Sure thing - the Europa's been the lucky* recipient of a Humbrol makeover, but seems mostly intact. There's a few white Corgi Volvo's in there; I'll find the best one. SD1 peelermobile can also be procured, no bother! Will toddle back over in a while and see if I can nab those for you.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:02 AM, Tenmil Socket said:

Those Castrol tins look great. How much are they?

Probably about a fiver... most things on the table seem to be about a fiver!

Not sure if the Royal Mail would go barmy though - they've refused to accept some odd things from me (cos mail from NI goes via plane/boat - this is apparently why NI residents can't buy anything with a battery from Amazon etc)

Sure can - there's also a red one, and a metallic green one missing its tailgate, so we're spoilt for choice...

Metallic green one is a pisser... nab us a red one too please. I've had to give up on collecting real Volvos so toy ones are going to have to do.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Course, I'm not just doing all this out of pure altruism... I bagged these for myself.

20190315_095414.jpg

20190315_095437.jpg
Ford D Series bin lorry is really nice (and also a new arrival in the 50p box, I believe), while the Lincoln is a bit borderline but I keep seeing it every week - and today my will broke...

The SD1s were picked up speculatively, but I may keep 'em if no-one else is interested. Both are early versions with the glazed tailgate. Way better than the Matchbox SD1 casting, for sure.
20190315_094859.jpg

[EDIT: TheDoctor is interested in the SD1s...]

In the picture of the Pickfords lorry there is what looks like a Shogun? Can you nab it for me please?

Yeah, it's made by Welly apparently - Pajero name on the base. I had an Automax version, which may be the same casting. Not superb nick, but definitely unusual - will see if it's still there!

I keep seeing tempting stuff in these (almost) weekly photos. As I don't seem to be able to get any sales myself at present could I please ask you to pick me up the blue Corgi 1/36 XJC in the first shot, what looks like a silver Merc W114 in the 4th photo (next to a police Jaguar?), and if they're 1/36 caravans in the 5th photo then a couple of those that are in decent nick and ideally with alternative colour schemes.

Will Paypal funds to you.

Thanks!

On 3/15/2019 at 11:18 AM, Spottedlaurel said:

I keep seeing tempting stuff in these (almost) weekly photos. As I don't seem to be able to get any sales myself at present could I please ask you to pick me up the blue Corgi 1/36 XJC in the first shot, what looks like a silver Merc W114 in the 4th photo (next to a police Jaguar?), and if they're 1/36 caravans in the 5th photo then a couple of those that are in decent nick and ideally with alternative colour schemes.

Will Paypal funds to you.

Thanks!

No worries - Jag should be fine, though the Corgi Merc does have structural damage sadly: roof is bent at the rear offside and the rear screen is smashed out (but if you're still interested, it might be cheap?)

Caravans are all Corgi items - will pick two of the best in different schemes?

Generally his stuff is about £3 a pop - if you're happy enough, I'll head over shortly and see what's still about!

Mr Cog - I would take that Lesney bin lorry and horsebox of your hands please, but no urgency - so maybe see if any other reg wheels come along?

Cheers.

Noted! Not a bother, happy to hold on to them while keeping on looking for more - postage for one or two diecast really isn't worth the candle...

No worries - Jag should be fine, though the Corgi Merc does have structural damage sadly: roof is bent at the rear offside and the rear screen is smashed out (but if you're still interested, it might be cheap?)

Caravans are all Corgi items - will pick two of the best in different schemes?

Generally his stuff is about £3 a pop - if you're happy enough, I'll head over shortly and see what's still about!

Ah well, don't worry about the Merc then. Unless he has another that I haven't seen?

Otherwise all good, thanks.

Picked up this "super gt" matchbox lotus recently,with an idea to try and combine it with a original Matchbox one.

I had this pink doorless one,so thought it may be a candidate.

So swapped the base,interior and glass from the original into the GT bodyshell.

post-5543-0-32364400-1552649160_thumb.jpg

post-5543-0-87668600-1552649176_thumb.jpg

post-5543-0-74309300-1552649187_thumb.jpg

"You like it smoll Eddy?"

"Very sporty m8"

:mrgreen:

On 3/15/2019 at 11:35 AM, Spottedlaurel said:

Ah well, don't worry about the Merc then. Unless he has another that I haven't seen?

Otherwise all good, thanks.

Okay, I've just had a look at the Corgi 1/35 caravans and none of them are complete!

Three of the four are missing their door, two have broken/missing glazing, while the only one with a door and glazing has a broken drawbar (and has been painted).

20190315_115558.jpg

Possibly less good than hoped, unless you're building a post-apocalyptic caravan park diorama?

Jaguar XJ12C has a bit of rear bumper loss (o/s quarter) and a crack to the rear screen, but otherwise reasonable.

20190315_120136.jpg

Merc has a bend. And a bust. I'm looking for a good one of these too; sadly I don't think this is it.

20190315_120819.jpg

If none of these are quite as good as you'd want, that's not a problem dude! You're under no obligation to buy rubbish - just wish I'd looked a bit closer at them earlier.

All other Smol Corgis etc from the 50p bins procured as requested, though.

Sure thing - the Europa's been the lucky* recipient of a Humbrol makeover, but seems mostly intact. There's a few white Corgi Volvo's in there; I'll find the best one. SD1 peelermobile can also be procured, no bother! Will toddle back over in a while and see if I can nab those for you.

Thank you. Any other SD1s greatly appreciated. Have a bit of a thi g for them, must own one - one day.