Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Yesterday, it rained; something we haven't been experiencing too much of this year so far. Yesterday was also the day that I got my accounts up to date, whilst Mrs_Jon carried on with some uni coursework she's doing at the mo. Crap weather + trapped indoors doing not so fun tasks = retail therapy.

I whisked her away in the afternoon to a local sells-everything shop (like an NZ Wilkinsons) and she splurged £3.50 on some reduced price slippers and a Count Duckula (!) DVD. Thus, I was vilified in spending a similar amount on this very small yet nicely formed item:

47201029341_581f940ff7_b.jpg

Sadly, it's not wearable as indoor clothing but it's certainly going to provide more entertainment long after the novelty of 3 episodes of a cartoon I thought was crap 30 years ago and which you can no doubt find free online, has worn off.

40236294133_66e8929c71_z.jpg

For something so twee that's made in this day and age, it's got some great detailing. Apologies for not having opened it yet but I quite like the card it's on, plus I can get further gratification down the line when I can finally lay sticky mits on it.

47201029681_75ebdcf8d7_z.jpg

More detail. Not bad.

46286564805_e6a30d6b93_z.jpg

And finally, here's the whole range. Sadly, all but the Laurel were on the shelves, else I'd have nabbed that one too. Presumably there were some in the shop before but collectors/scenesters must have been there already.

Incidentally, I'm hearing reports that there's a Hotwheels and Matchbox drought in the UK? There were hundreds in the shop yesterday and it's a national chain, so we're awash with the buggers. Hit me up if there's something you're desperately looking for, as NZ seems to be getting new releases fairly quickly, for some reason. Max cost is usually £1.50 each but stores often have sales where buying multiples brings the cost below £1. Postage is of course another issue but not as awful as you may have thought.

Here's what I acquired from Ramrod's Disorganised Diecast SaleTM.

post-5267-0-39607900-1551095174_thumb.jpg

Two plastic kits plus an assortment of old toys. A pair of Ford wreckers and an Eccles caravan by Matchbox, five Dinky Dublo (Austin and Bedford trucks, Singer roadster, Land Rover and VW van), a Marx Bulldog Mercury Cougar and a Lone Star Tuf-Toys Dodge Dart complete with giant green alien driver. The Dinky trucks are in pretty good shape and the rest are perfect candidates for restoration.

Here's what I acquired from Ramrod's Disorganised Diecast SaleTM.

attachicon.gifIMG_20190225_105507944.jpg

Two plastic kits plus an assortment of old toys. A pair of Ford wreckers and an Eccles caravan by Matchbox, five Dinky Dublo (Austin and Bedford trucks, Singer roadster, Land Rover and VW van), a Marx Bulldog Mercury Cougar and a Lone Star Tuf-Toys Dodge Dart complete with giant green alien driver. The Dinky trucks are in pretty good shape and the rest are perfect candidates for restoration.

The matchbox lrdg is a lovely kit, I built that one a few years back. I don't think my eyes are good enough to do another small jeep with that detail

Picked up this battered Matchbox Dodge dragster at weekend

post-5543-0-70394800-1551194584_thumb.jpg

Remade the missing grille out of resin.

post-5543-0-88656100-1551194569_thumb.jpg

Put it back together cleaned up with some new rubber tyres,and body support bar,stolen from the vw version.

post-5543-0-29807100-1551194544_thumb.jpg

I was going to repaint it,but quite like the faded paint and worn stickers.

post-5543-0-84329000-1551194811_thumb.jpg

post-17414-0-74689500-1551229270_thumb.jpeg

Picked these random Corgis from a car boot sale ( on a weekday?!) in Port Talbot , today.

The Corniche still has its Spirit of Ecstasy and may be the subject of my first resto, we'll see.

The 1/36s are a departure for me, but I think will just be the start of a collection whilst prices are so low.

Incidentally the Charlie's Angels van is not something I particularly want so if anyone wants it for the £2.50 it owes me plus postage , I'm more than happy to pass it on.

My half of the model exchange arrived today.  Looking forward to getting stuck into this one.  It's not something I would have picked myself but it is something I'm happy to work on.  I'm planning to build it up as a grandma car.  What I'm undecided on is colour, I'm thinking either lemon yellow with a brown interior, white with a red interior, or metallic green with a dark green interior.  Don't want to go with reds or blues for this one and I'm avoiding browns and beiges for the bodywork.  I'm definitely not turning it into a Starkers & Crotch replica.

post-5335-0-13029800-1551272679_thumb.jpg

Green outside with a darker green interior works well on older real life Opels.  Yellow seems to suit some Peugeot coupes very well and even a Rover 75 or two.  On models, because you can see so much of it in one dose, some colours work better than others.  I'll await your expert eye and opinion but will enjoy seeing the end result and even work in progress reports would be nice.