Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Back to the crates at St George's this morning, and a few items of interest - not only in the rummage boxes, but on the stall itself:

attachicon.gif20190215_084503.jpg

attachicon.gif20190215_084457.jpg

Oho, is this of shiter interest?

attachicon.gif20190215_084457 (2).jpg

£3 secures this R4 in 1/24-ish scale, which looks like it's missing decals etc. Not my thing these days - but I'll nip over at noon and see if it's still there, should anyone be keen to nab it? Think it's Bburago, mebbe Polistil??

Also available were these Michelin commercial vehicles, from a 2005 magazine partwork. I had a few of these, selling them last year to some of you 'orrible lot.

attachicon.gif20190215_084320.jpg

attachicon.gif20190215_084331.jpg

A rather steep £10 each on these, new and sealed - but, again, if anyone is super-keen I could unleash my MAD HAGGGLING SKILLZ YO and see if he'll take less for them.

Crate-diving produced another few treasures - because the big plastic tubs are so big and so full (and perched atop a wobbly camping table), it's not easy to rummage through them all that well.

So what should appear this time, but that Majorette Saab Turbo from a month or two ago.

attachicon.gif20190215_090014.jpg

attachicon.gif20190215_090023.jpg

It's begging for a repaint, to the point that the rivet is only barely holding the body to the base.

I also succumbed to the Mercury Commuter in Police livery, which I'd resisted last week. I do like this casting; I've a plain civilian version in green with the steering suspension (and dogs) which I'm very fond of, too.

Further to my musings on the saloon version Mercury police car upthread, it's maybe odd in a way that Matchbox produced a saloon and an estate version of the same car at the same time - in both police and fire liveries. I can't think of many other manufacturers that did that, other than possibly Majorette who put out a 3dr and a 5dr version of the Series 1 Renault R5.

Also picked up these:

attachicon.gif20190215_085950.jpg

attachicon.gif20190215_085925.jpg

The Mercedes CLK is a Welly model; the Toyota Camry doesn't have a manufacturer but looks like it may also be made by Welly. Both are just a little cruder than Matchbox or Hot Wheels - just not quite as crisp a casting - but overall proportions aren't bad. There's even tiny, tiny badging to the bootlids of both, revealing that the Merc is a 250 Kompressor. Pity there's a few marks to the Camry's paintwork, but from the amount of wear to the wheels, this one's done a fair few miniature miles in the hands of its previous owner(s).

And then there's these:

attachicon.gif20190215_090041.jpg

attachicon.gif20190215_090049.jpg

The Volvo V70 (T5?) may be by Hongwell; there's no markings whatsoever on this, not even a 'Made in China' stamp. It's more toy than scale model, but may scrub up well and is screwed together for EASY REPAINT.

The Hot Wheels blackwall taxi I'd overlooked several times in the preceding weeks, thinking it was a Crack-Up, but when I looked closer it's actually not. Just a generic Caprice-like 3-box septic, but quite nice anyway - even if the tampos are a bit rubbed.

So there we go. Nice as they are, I don't think any of the above will cross over into my Permanent Collection... so if anyone wants any of today's haul, I'll knock them out my cost price of 50p each + postage.

And, just like in Bargain Twunt/ Crap In The Attic, I'll never be rich.

attachicon.gifDavid Dickinson Tomica.png

But it's mebbe better to spread a bit of diecast love throughout this hard ol' world.

First image, a dead Dutch Footballer?

Just because I'm an unoriginal cunt too,

Here's my Eldorado.

Paid 3 whole quids for this at a train and toy fair in sheringham when I had to go there last month.

I think I was mugged!

attachicon.gif20190216_100814.jpg

attachicon.gif20190216_100905.jpg

This,most definitely needs paint......and tyres.....and...

I have stopped attending my local fairs as prices are exorbitant and the personal hygiene of some of the patrons leaves a lot to be desired.

On 2/15/2019 at 4:12 PM, Tenmil Socket said:

It's funny you say this as only about 45 minutes ago I was thinking of asking on here if anyone knew if any Maestro or Montego models were produced by anyone!

Just remembered that Scalextric also produced an MG Maestro model:

Scalextric Maestros.jpg

Not that common and quite sought after - they did a stickered-up rally version available in either light blue or gold, plus 'street' versions in red or black. These are preproduction versions sold by Vectis a while back.

Get one and paint it beige with a blue offside door for the ultimate in shitetastic slotcar fun...

I have stopped attending my local fairs as prices are exorbitant and the personal hygiene of some of the patrons leaves a lot to be desired.

Oh thank goodness someone else has noticed!  Add these two factors into the complete lack of manners of most patrons and you begin to understand my idea of Hell.

Oh thank goodness someone else has noticed!  Add these two factors into the complete lack of manners of most patrons and you begin to understand my idea of Hell.

When a 13 year old and a three year old are being obstructed by grown men who smell like they hav'nt wiped their arses since 1995 just so they can have a better look at that corgi La france fire engine you know its time to spend Sunday mornings doing something else.

I went to Swapmeets from around 1989, tailing off gradually in the mid 2000s. Towards the end, I found that the majority of collectors were actually 'buyers', and bought and sold items at mate's rates between them and making a sharp profit from unwary outsiders instead. Otherwise know as taking advantage. Usually they were scruffy, smelly people who bizarrely act in a very entitled manner.

As such I now completely refuse to deal with anybody whatsoever who is a buyer rather than an enthusiast. On here has been a great source of interesting and cheap items. I still make the odd ebay purchase and also still buy mainly 1/64 stuff from one chap on FB who again has pretty cheap prices.

I've never had any miniatures, apart from childhood, and have looked for 

a 305 van, only because I have one. Seems they are rarer than the full size ones.

Thought I had found a Heco one in blue but it was unavailable.

Well, if I can't have a car derived 305 van I thought I might start a collection of non 305 

car derived vans coz, as you may have guessed, I like them. 

Seen a couple on the bay of pigs I quite fancy. One is made in china, yeh I know, by

Universal Hobbies, a name to cover any old tat, and was wondering if they are any good.

It is a 2cv fourgonnette for about £15 delivered. Got to be tat at that price but who knows.

The other is a Traction Avant van, which looks rather nice, but doesn't say the maker.

10 eu's with 3 days to go.

A bit of knowledge from you hardened miniaturist would be, hopefully, of assistance and

any good pointers for buying would be appreciated.

You want to try looking for a 304 van, like I had!  At least you can get a 305 saloon.

Universal Hobbies are the mob responsible for the James Bond collection, which are quite good.  I have several... Not much in the way of vans among them though, Bond tends to favour cars more.

Thanks to the generosity of a certain Mr Egg (this place.....etc) I now have something to perch on the Norev trailer that I have had since child-hood.    

post-5367-0-35274400-1550486581_thumb.jpg 

Sadly, the original incumbent (Ferrari 275GTB4) and tow car (Fiat Dino) have gone the way of all that warps and implodes.   Then I remembered the knock-off Hong Kong Simca Vedette had a hitch - not quite Norev but close enough for rock and roll.  

Very many thanks once again, Egg!