Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

On 1/25/2019 at 10:27 AM, Lord Sterling said:

Datsoncog - That Beige bus looks interesting....

On 1/25/2019 at 10:31 AM, bramz7 said:

That bus is a Wiking MAN SD200.

Yup - Wiking MAN.

I did dither quite a bit over that one, but ultimately left it. There seemed to be some glue or something on some of the windows - however, happy to go back and see if it's still there, if you fancy it?

There was also an 00 scale Leyland National in there with no maker name visible on it, possibly a built kit, but it was missing a wheel and very crudely painted (possibly by the same guy who did the Transit).

On 1/25/2019 at 10:32 AM, Junkman said:

You put the body in a ziplock bag and spray a load of oven cleaner in it.

After a few days it'll come out like new.

That's excellent, thanks! I'll give that a go later - will I also need to take it apart and remove the glazing for that method?

At a guess, it originally looked like this:

Herpa Ford Transit Mk2.jpg

Not a bad likeness, and once stripped it might live quite happily alongside the Wiking Capri which currently resides on my keyboard.

20190125_104502.jpg

^^^ Good advice, thanks! I'll have a go later at disassembling it; not sure if it's been glued at the rear, as I can't see any clips, but I'll do my best.

I've been doing a spot of research on the odd little BMW made by Corplast, and it appears that these were marketed as some sort of Kinder Surprise type minikits in the early 1980s:

1982-Bmw-Red-Bpz-Corplast-ancienmontablelot.jpg

I'm not familiar with these at all, but there seem to have been a couple of shiteworthy, if crude, tiny models produced in this range, including:

Corplas illustrations.jpg

[Clockwise] Peugeot 604, Autobianchi A112, BMW 525i and Renault 5 are, apparently what's above - and a VW Golf, Fiat Uno, plus a generic van/minibus seem to have appeared as well, some of them with a tiny friction motor.

Sorry, HFM?!?!?!?!

https://www.ebay.de/itm/132908128393

Keep going with the Norev collectioning, gents, you won't be saving the oceans from Corplast anytime soon, at these prices.

https://picclick.de/313-Steckfigurenspielzeug-Set-Pkw-Corplast-Castiglioni-ancienmontablelot-132905240429.html

Offer to post it out to a shiter still stands, mind. It's a diminutive 39mm in length.

Great finds there Tim. My Schabak Fiesta XR2i arrived from ebay for a fair whack less than what some people are asking, AND it is complete, unlike the red one on ebay, mine is Trebor fresh, in a bloody good box. Happy days.

As usual, JM finds some serious filth, that Landy, ooft, and is that tractor unit a DAF?

On 1/25/2019 at 1:06 PM, sierraman said:

Some absolute gold in there Datsuncog. Any photos of the other stuff in there?

Just the snaps I took a fortnight ago, I'm afraid - although 95% of this is still in the boxes, including the Siku Golf Cabrio and (surprisingly) the Majorette Saab 900 Turbo and Husky Bedford TK that I thought were gone. Linky link below!

http://autoshite.com/topic/10758-shite-in-miniature-ii/?p=1713253

I had a fairly comprensive poke through earlier, so f there's anything that catches your eye, just sing out and I should be able to tell you if it was still there this morning. And, by extension/hope, mebbe it'll still be there next Friday...

I went back at lunchtime (but of course). The MAN SD200 bus had departed for another terminus, but I did grab two more things while they were packing up.

I don't even know why.

This...

20190125_145028.jpg

And this.

20190125_144927.jpg

20190125_144936.jpg

20190125_144956.jpg

20190125_145202.jpg

Hmmm... not sure it was a pound well spent, to be honest.

Please don't cut it up, JM! I might even be persuaded to take it off your hands, if the price is right, to join my modern Charbonneaux promotional Panhard thingy, which is the only model vehicle i've bought for as long as I can remember and, I seem to recall, inspired directly by you posting ours on here...

On 1/25/2019 at 3:51 PM, Felly Magic said:

Argh one of those Tower Models plastic kit Nationals!

Aha, is that what it is?

I can't tell if it's just been put together quite badly or if it's a rather poor kit - nothing butts up properly and the front axle's way too wide, so the (one remaining) wheel won't even fit in the wheelarch.

And then there's the matter of a whole lot of glue drips, while not the steadiest of hands or the finest of brushes has been used to paint it...

Transfers are quite good, though. Even if someof them are upside down.

VERDICT: slight waste of 50p.

That Bernard tractor unit, on the other hand... phoar.

You could have a brand new one for about 8 quid if you so desire as it's just been reissued by Peco. Not sure what is point though.

Their Olympian on the other hand is very good, far better than Corgi's dismal attempt and even EFE's not-so-bad effort. I have one of those in my stash to build sometime.

Years ago I built one of those Tower Olympians as a West Riding one and used wheels from an EFE that helped it a hell of a lot, why Peco have re-issued these kits though is beyond me, especially as you can often pick up 2nd hand EFE Nationals for the price of one of these kits

On 1/25/2019 at 4:45 PM, Split_Pin said:

Y0 Tim I'll take the tiny Beemer. I had the Autobianchi as a kid, it was indeed a kinder egg toy.

Good stuff - I'll pop it in along with the Mira CX, sure!

Were there any others that caught your eye in the smol DC January Sale, or will I get the two of them in the post to you on Monday?

http://autoshite.com/topic/10758-shite-in-miniature-ii/?p=1723030