Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

Treeees YT videos which I hope may be of interest. Magnorail

Oh bollocks. Now I want one.

I've had a few model railways over the years but they never seem to hold my attention for very long. The concept of a model chod roadway is FAR more appealing...

I thought I'd do an update on that Cadillac ambulance I was converting to a pickup/flower car (page 293)

I had a bit of bother with it. The roof snapped into five pieces after I'd got it all glued & in place. So gorilla glue super gel and some filler sorted it out. (Isopon P38 if you lot are unfamiliar with filler)  :-)

attachicon.gifDSC_1400.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_1444.jpg

I was going to paint it dark blue but went for cream. Think the cream turned out looking too white. I still might repaint it blue.

attachicon.gifDSC_1508 (3).jpg

I'm not sure what to do with the pickup bed and the old ambulance bed it seems to fit too well.

attachicon.gifDSC_1506 (3).jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_1511 (2).jpg

I'm going to put a back window in and try and find a water slide logo for the doors if I can. 

Not sure whether I can follow the thought process to paint a flower car beige, tbh.

Anyway, flower cars have a stainless cover like this:

cadillac-1964-flower-car-miller-meteor-h

Alternatively you could load it with model railway/wargames/craft flowers.

I bought swmbo 2 EFE buses from a seller in Kent who has shitloads of cheap old stock, one arrived still wrapped in the original tissue paper, brand spanker and under £15 each shipped, arrived 2 days after purchase as well! Both ENOC dereg Colchester buses as well.

Not sure whether I can follow the thought process to paint a flower car beige, tbh.

Anyway, flower cars have a stainless cover like this:

cadillac-1964-flower-car-miller-meteor-h

Alternatively you could load it with model railway/wargames/craft flowers.

I thought the Yanks have some white hearses? I'm probably going even more nuts.

I wasn't sure on what colour to paint it, the cream went wrong really.  Now you mention it it would look better black, it would bring out the shape of the Cadillac more. I do like the back cover, I'm thinking the aluminium from a beer can and some paperclips. I could reshape the ambulance bed to resemble a coffin. I like this thread it gives me good ideas. :-D

That 59 Caddy has nicked the back roof line from a 58 Lincoln. 

I thought the Yanks have some white hearses? I'm probably going even more nuts.

I wasn't sure on what colour to paint it, the cream went wrong really.  Now you mention it it would look better black, it would bring out the shape of the Cadillac more. I do like the back cover, I'm thinking the aluminium from a beer can and some paperclips. I could reshape the ambulance bed to resemble a coffin. I like this thread it gives me good ideas. :-D

That 59 Caddy has nicked the back roof line from a 58 Lincoln. 

American mortician fleets traditionally had double-duty vehicles, particularly in small towns, where they would offer an ambulance service (there being no NHS style provision of course) as well as their main line of business.   These vehicles were invariably not black of course but could be suitably rigged with purple drapes and the siren and any beacons normally being removable made them less conspicuously of ambulance persuasion. 

Also the black communities often requested white hearses and associate that colour with mourning more so than solid black.   Most large fleets included white hearses - I saw several still in use around Memphis when I was there.   There was a Code 3 conversion available on the Solido Cadillac ambulance (a Thirties model) which was available in "Harlem" spec all-white.   

That roof-line on the Superior Royale flower car (called Coupe de Fleur in the publicity material) that JM posted is indeed very reminiscent of the 1958 Lincoln hardtops and the later Mercury Breezeaway but as far as I know was completely independent on the part of Superior....

Top work. You deserve a "Shitehood" in the new years honours list.

American mortician fleets traditionally had double-duty vehicles, particularly in small towns, where they would offer an ambulance service (there being no NHS style provision of course) as well as their main line of business.   These vehicles were invariably not black of course but could be suitably rigged with purple drapes and the siren and any beacons normally being removable made them less conspicuously of ambulance persuasion.  Also the black communities often requested white hearses and associate that colour with mourning more so than solid black.   Most large fleets included white hearses - I saw several still in use around Memphis when I was there.   There was a Code 3 conversion available on the Solido Cadillac ambulance (a Thirties model) which was available in "Harlem" spec all-white.    That roof-line on the Superior Royale flower car (called Coupe de Fleur in the publicity material) that JM posted is indeed very reminiscent of the 1958 Lincoln hardtops and the later Mercury Breezeaway but as far as I know was completely independent on the part of Superior....

post-17414-0-33971700-1545427088_thumb.jpeg

What else could he have taken his last ride in ?

Despite every other bastard in the street going full-on Blackpool Illuminations since the second week of November, last night we decided that some tasteful and low-key festivising might, after all, be in order.

This included decorating the miniature shite, which I'm quite pleased about: 1/72, 1/43 and 1/18 scales respectively.

post-17915-0-24844100-1545479147_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-65644300-1545483572_thumb.jpg

post-17915-0-49992800-1545479232_thumb.jpg

been and picked up a small parcel from Steve Flowers this morning.

meaning that i could finish off this. well this is what it looked like 

post-18270-0-50279600-1545502976_thumb.jpg

since then it sorta came to bits, and the paint kinda fell off......

then it fell into some fresh paint, so that it now looks like this, with the new tires and glazing fitted

post-18270-0-30971400-1545503048_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-67711000-1545503071_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-16639700-1545503096_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-65302200-1545503117_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-10284600-1545503136_thumb.jpg

and here it is sat on the Bedford along with the blue Imp, an MG A and an atlas Mini Traveller

post-18270-0-02278900-1545503163_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-98702000-1545503182_thumb.jpg

while this is what it is supposed to look like

post-18270-0-81999000-1545503672_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-60584000-1545503708_thumb.jpg

been and picked up a small parcel from Steve Flowers this morning.

meaning that i could finish off this. well this is what it looked like 

attachicon.gifDSCN8512.JPG

since then it sorta came to bits, and the paint kinda fell off......

then it fell into some fresh paint, so that it now looks like this, with the new tires and glazing fitted

attachicon.gifDSCN8522.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN8523.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN8524.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN8525.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN8526.JPG

and here it is sat on the Bedford along with the blue Imp, an MG A and an atlas Mini Traveller

attachicon.gifDSCN8520.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN8521.JPG

while this is what it is supposed to look like

attachicon.gifDSCN7356.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN7354.JPG

Can't have too many loaded transporters :)

If you want another Bedford tractor unit I've got one you can have for whatever postage would cost.

It's in need of renovation.

Oh shit I have just bought this......... A bloody Aldi 80 Avant! Bollocks LOL

s-l1600.jpg

And as my London Ailsa needed company, a WUMPT version, it appears Rapido Trains are bringing out a WUMPTY standard Fleetline in 00 scale, about bloody time LOL

s-l1600.jpg