Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

I have a dilemma.

post-5335-0-38701900-1542070962_thumb.jpg

The roofrack is broken, so are the bumpers, and I spent some time removing the remnants of the stickers so it's now a clean white estate with some holes in the roof.  The dilemma is that I was going to Torslanda it but I have no idea how to go about getting the graphics to do that and I don't think I can freehand or mask it accurately enough to look like anything other than a mess.  Suggestions?

I'll have to dig out my Matchbox collection at some point.

I have about five near mint boxed mid-70s Superfasts amongst them, that were my mum's, and a few more unboxed I have amassed myself. 
I can't remember entirely off hand, but I have a pink Europa and pink Capri, a red/orange Racing Mini missing its stickers, a Stretcha Fetcha, and a Citroen SM, possibly a couple more. All in box and not a mark on them. 

I have a few tattier unboxed examples too, from various sources, but I can't remember them off hand.

A friend of mine had this when I was a kid. I had the 1/36 Corgi version and the 1/43 Bburago example but this was out of bounds.

I can't remember who it was on here that I bought a MIB example from, together with a Y10, Volvo 740, Fiat Regata and Renault 4 but I still admire the 190 every day as its a brilliant piece.

Leave as is IMO.

I’ll leave it as it is, I partly bought it to save it from being ragged to bits by some petulant kids. I’ve had a good look at it and its not in that bad condition. Bargain at a quid anyway.

Some of yesterdays finds,

Start off with this Hot wheels 1968 Ford Mustang,

This would have been one of the original 16 castings,and are quite sought after.

This one is in surprisingly good shape given how flimsy they are.

attachicon.gif20181112_124000.jpg

attachicon.gif20181112_124023.jpg

attachicon.gif20181112_124036.jpg

Next is this Corgi juniors whizzwheels Mercedes Benz 280sl,

Again in a very reasonable condition.

attachicon.gif20181112_124046.jpg

attachicon.gif20181112_124053.jpg

Next is this Matchbox Vauxhall Victor estate,I have a couple of these in poor shape,so was happy to find this.

Still has it's tailgate,this was the deciding factor in it's purchase.

attachicon.gif20181112_124104.jpg

attachicon.gif20181112_124116.jpg

The top has been painted in the past,but I think it suits it,and it was very well done.

I have just picked up the merc still in its blister for £15.

Having dug out all those tiny ones last week , and seeing how battered they were ,I got the paint can out :-D   Chose 2 jags,  a mercedes pillarless , a Zephyr , MG1100, ice cream van and a Cresta 

post-17940-0-68648900-1542147046_thumb.jpg

post-17940-0-64256300-1542147232_thumb.jpg

Being a Vauxhall,  I thought the Cresta would look good in Vauxhall Astra  Polar sea blue pearl...

post-17940-0-97595800-1542147370_thumb.jpg

The Ford Zephyr , well that was kinda blue already , so I did that in Polar Sea Blue too  :-D

post-17940-0-61310800-1542147587_thumb.jpg

Now the Mercedes , I reckoned that a  suit would have bought  driven a car like that that ...and he would have chosen blue....probably metallic pearl..

post-17940-0-63610600-1542147825_thumb.jpg

The MG 1100   had to be blue..

( as it was the closest colour I had to purple ,see    )

post-17940-0-14128700-1542148157_thumb.jpg

You might think the only can of paint i had was Polar Sea Blue ? That's bollox  , I had another can of Holts  mid   blue..so I did  the Ice Cream van in that ..

post-17940-0-86781800-1542148365_thumb.jpg

And my wife had these ,as a child , for her toy farmyard , so they're mine now

post-17940-0-10735900-1542148498_thumb.jpg

These are next for a blow over..Morris Oxford and an Aston .

post-17940-0-88949700-1542148587_thumb.jpg

Oosh... more Norev.

Must... resist... Ebay...

Any chance of a group shot of all the warped plastics you've acquired so far, Egg? Despite having a few repro Eligor and later diecast Norev (now rehomed), I was totally unaware of these delightful creations until far too recently. Very charming (if fragile)!

Liked for the R4 not the sneaky seller....How annoying.   And thank you for the excellently well packed R10 which came today!  

Very pleased - it now sits between a R16 and Simca coupe.  

Great, glad you like it.

The R4 was 'all the monies' too, but buyer beware etc, however, the real king of the Norevs (yes, you know who that is) had advised me earlier ones with separate black number plate were the one to have, so I am still happy overall. Baby blue colour is great too!

Oosh... more Norev.

Must... resist... Ebay...

Any chance of a group shot of all the warped plastics you've acquired so far, Egg? Despite having a few repro Eligor and later diecast Norev (now rehomed), I was totally unaware of these delightful creations until far too recently. Very charming (if fragile)!

Mais, oui...

post-20084-0-52628800-1542212263_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-01022200-1542212272_thumb.jpg

post-20084-0-73927700-1542212460_thumb.jpg

I find the Norev models a bit odd.  They're very nicely detailed and yet they just seem a bit rubbishly made.  I guess it's the self-coloured plastic bodies that makes them seem a bit sub-par, because you really can't fault them otherwise.

As somebody who played with these things as a kid they were fearsome fragile.   Except the ones with opening parts - they survived well because they didn't lose their paint like die-casts did.  Plastic also allowed crisper detailing and gave the French subjects in particular a nice light-weight "feel" that was exactly how I imagined real AMI6s and Vespas would be....

I suppose the pastel colours are part of the appeal, as well though- that group of Egg's reminds me of one of those 60s Motor Show guide magazine covers.   

Nice collection - I mourn for those that simply disintegrated out of my childhood shelves!   Particularly a SWB Land-Rover Gendarme station wagon that I carefully carried home from a school trip to Cherbourg only for it to literally implode in my bookcase a few months later.

I think they fit the French mentality - design over reliability. There's also this French thing about children being well behaved (there's even a book about it 'French children don't throw food'), which also probably extends to looking after your (fragile) toys back in the day.

Also, it's typically French - because they went their own way with this 'Rhodialite' plastic. Which is great for preserving colour but has this fatal warping flaw.

So, with some French history in my family, they make the perfect collectable for me! 

And are a good contrast to the dependable solid Brit Lesney's.

I've noticed they are all exquisite castings ,lot of detail was buried in paint . Yes it's an " Austin"   A55 .The original green paint had lead in it ,which tasted ok when i was a kid .  That's why  I'm forgetful now .... 

lead poisoning,  you  may be left with mental  retardation and behavioural disorders .

Yep, too  true   :-D

Sue the bed  company  Lesney..