Shite in Miniature II

Split_Pin

I decided I wanted to do a wheel swap on my Vanguards Carlton, BIG mistake, rear screw put up a fight but eventually yielded, but all the front screw did was strip the head, BOLLOCKS, so fuck it, got a 6mm drillbit and my more torquey Minicraft 12v drill out that said bit has been stuck in the chuck of for about 10 years. Bingo, the screw also holds the bonnet on, and as it fell to bits, the left hand headlamp and wiper went missing, double BOLLOCKS, eventually found the headlamp, but negative on the wiper, so had to raid spares. All to put on a set of mk2 Grandad Ghia wheels, what should have been a 2 minute job, stub of the screw still stuck in the thread, so used glue to put the bastard back together, photos probably tomorrow, as I simply cannot be arsed today, in other news, found another rhd dashboard for summat old, but run out of mirrors, BASTARD. Sorry for swearing, but model projects are a might bit frustrating at the moment

Your installments are awaited with interest.  Keep up the good work.

Cheers Ray, I have a beige Golf on it's way shortly too, I had one in the past and regretted selling it, got such a busy month ahead, with hospital & tribunal, and a visit with mental health workers, I think I will have barely chance to fart, it is all somewhat daunting

some more recent aquisitions....

post-18270-0-96673900-1535395703_thumb.jpg

from mr egg, the Bedford TK car transporter arrived safe and sound

post-18270-0-59587300-1535394161_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-82096300-1535394196_thumb.jpg

and i've got some paint

post-18270-0-84357000-1535394250_thumb.jpg

and some dismantling has occured

post-18270-0-29857700-1535394355_thumb.jpg

time will tell if i have got a close match with the paint.

post-18270-0-80040900-1535394456_thumb.jpg

i'm going to strip and repaint the tractor, and get a replacement glazing unit and wind morrors for that, and a replacement back plate and transfers for the trailer. i'm not sure whether i'll fully repaint that ot not, given its size and theat i cannot get the top deck off of the rest of the trailer......

and other new toys.... first off a Rover 2000, happily no back brake calipers to worry about on this one! its the early "transolite" version, so the wheels are fixed on this one, the "golden jacks" one was a later version

post-18270-0-36899500-1535395120_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-08882700-1535395142_thumb.jpg

and then this Mini van dog unit, complete with the copper and his dogs

post-18270-0-49057900-1535395242_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-15203900-1535395275_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-36267000-1535395309_thumb.jpg

the box and insert are reproduction ones, while the figures are original ones, and possible the ones from this set? still, it does dislay nice with the box and insert, even if they are not genuine ones!

post-18270-0-46743000-1535395448_thumb.jpg

post-18270-0-26400200-1535395471_thumb.jpg

once i get the Bedford done, i plan on using it to dislpay 4 more cars loaded up on its trailer, as i've got no room in the cabinate.

post-18270-0-03198300-1535395592_thumb.jpg

until then, i'll just have to rearange things about as best as i can

post-18270-0-72791200-1535395791_thumb.jpg

i'd guess that your best place to look wiill be on Steve Flowers website (www.model-supplies.co.uk)

i cannot see any that are specifically intended for the matchbox superking series, but there are some different sizes available of Dinky and Corgi, maybe some of them will the right diameter to fit on the wheels?

EDIT- looking on the Tyres & Tracks section he lists "Matchbox kingsize hollow fit couger, mercedez ambulace, lambogini muria etc" at 40p each, i think that will be the ones you'll be needing......

The ordering process is archaic though, its a right old faff to e-mail the pdf order form to my work where I can print it, find my cheque book (it is in the darkest depths of one of my messy drawers), find an envelope (have a pile of dried out ones somewhere), go and buy a stamp, go the the PO on my lunch break and all for 2 40p tyres for a 4 quid car.

Agreed. I either send the order in an email and then call afterwards with credit card details, or now on my most recent order just did it all over the phone there and then. It is easier, I think.

A new curiosity shop has opened in Linlithgow where I was visiting today to see my parents. It had a lot of model cars there, most of which were not of interest to me however this Plastic Norev Panhard 17 jumped out at me. It is in scale 1/86 and I have never seen one before. I think it is some sort of railway accessory.

It is rough and missing 2 unobtainum tyres but for £3 I thought it was worth buying for curiosity alone.

That's a notoriously expensive professional dealer selling genuine mint/bagged stuff only suitable for hardcore collectors.

If you need wheels/tyres/spares for Norevs, you just buy the next wreck at the next toy fair, or the next lot of wrecks off ebay.

However, I'll be at the jumble/toy fair at Caen in two weeks, and can get you people anything.

I picked this up today, Matchbox King Size K22.

I have looked on Ebay but can't find tyres for it. Does anybody know where I can get a pair from or even some sort of refetence number?

i'd guess that your best place to look wiill be on Steve Flowers website (www.model-supplies.co.uk)

i cannot see any that are specifically intended for the matchbox superking series, but there are some different sizes available of Dinky and Corgi, maybe some of them will the right diameter to fit on the wheels?

EDIT- looking on the Tyres & Tracks section he lists "Matchbox kingsize hollow fit couger, mercedez ambulace, lambogini muria etc" at 40p each, i think that will be the ones you'll be needing......

The wheels have a raised bead all the way around rather than a groove. I will have a look though.

That's why you need the hollow tyres Marvin's Mom is referring to.

However, I'll be at the jumble/toy fair at Caen in two weeks, and can get you people anything.

That's a dangerous offer (for my, and I'm sure others, wallets) thanks. If you're going via Dover I could even collect any spoils on your return...

Final look to my once plain DeAgostini Lada Riva, shame they didn't do one in Maureen blue, wheels are from a Vanguards Marina, roof rails from a Schucco Vectra estate, now looks 1500 estate like

post-5211-0-99782900-1535584667_thumb.jpg

post-5211-0-71332100-1535584743_thumb.jpg

Nice crane, I just restrung mine (ex-Datsuncog).   The cab of the crane helpfully unclips and tilts to access the winders.  I stole some nylon thread from Mrs Rocker's needlework basket which has a little bit of "bounce" in it.   Looks like yours has the original hook block as well which is always better than a repro.... 

In other news, my birthday has happened and once again with some gentle prompts, Mrs R has come up with the goods.......!

post-5367-0-57025800-1535642618_thumb.jpg 

The little Fiat Familiale and Lesney dustcart were a Brucy Bonus from the dealer (and I have apparently got to give him some money on Saturday at Beaulieu as well!)  

Anyway, thanks Mrs R!